Server Upgrade

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Server Upgrade

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:37 pm

BucZone will be moving to a new server Saturday March 25th at 10PM EST. Our hosting provider is moving us to a server that is faster and more reliable. The migration will happen between the hours of March 25th at 10PM EST and March 26th 2AM EST. The site might be a bit up and down at that time.

They will also be rebooting the server approximately 72 hours after the migration has happened to finish the process.

Please bear with us if the page is not able to load during this scheduled maintenance. We appreciate your patience.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server Upgrade

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Cool!
Phantom Phenom

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Did you guys do something again? Board was down for a bit and there's some new funny stuff in the menu bar.
Doctor

Postby Nano » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

This board having a seizure or something? The style is changing back and forth on pages, and things are appearing as unread even after you click on them.
Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Nano wrote:This board having a seizure or something? The style is changing back and forth on pages, and things are appearing as unread even after you click on them.

Seems fixed, but I was logged in (up in the top right) as nano and then bearlandbucfan after refreshing my browser for a second there.

Too bad it wouldn't let me post. :D

Would that be considered bi-posting?
DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:08 pm

It's still doing it for me, but appearently going on mobile fixes it. The desktop version of the site is broken now. Someone dropped the ball here.
Nano

Postby The Outsider » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm really curious as to what's causing it, I'm not aware of any major changes to the site recently.
The Outsider

Postby Doctor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

The Outsider wrote:I'm really curious as to what's causing it, I'm not aware of any major changes to the site recently.

That Ghostrap kid got here..... (<.<) ( >.>)
Doctor

Postby Swashy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Damn I saw a nice new look for the site a second ago. Holy crap
Swashy

Postby Teitan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 am

Doctor wrote:
The Outsider wrote:I'm really curious as to what's causing it, I'm not aware of any major changes to the site recently.

That Ghostrap kid got here..... (<.<) ( >.>)

Ya know, I thought the same damn thing. GhostTrap shows up and makes an intro post in team discussion (which just doesn't happen much here) and the board melts down! Conspiracy!!
Teitan

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 am

More like server downgrade!
Phantom Phenom

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:More like server downgrade!

They added a few "features" they didn't tell us about that we are unable to turn off with our current hosting plan. We didn't really have an option on whether or not to go through the upgrade either, but that is neither here nor there.

We are currently looking into ways to work around this(including potentially dumping our current hosting provider altogether).
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Admin wrote:They added a few "features" they didn't tell us about that we are unable to turn off with our current hosting plan. We didn't really have an option on whether or not to go through the upgrade either, but that is neither here nor there.

We are currently looking into ways to work around this(including potentially dumping our current hosting provider altogether).

In case you're interested, I haven't experienced these issues with Forums.net. When I first set up my forum, it was with ProBoards. When I decided to go to an ad free forum, I had to move from ProBoards to Forums.net. I've had a small community there for over 3 years now, but I think you had mentioned some other issues that you didn't care for or couldn't work with. I've forgotten what those issues were now, but perhaps they're no longer an issue. Anyway, just a suggestion of a place you might want to have a look at if you guys do decide you need to move again.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Return to Team Discussions