Is Colin Kaepernick An Option For Us? What About For ANYONE?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Is Colin Kaepernick An Option For Us? What About For ANY

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Bootz gets tripped up by Kress using a big word, a few posts later he has 5 rings. This ****ing board sometimes.
Rocker

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Rocker wrote:Bootz gets tripped up by Kress using a big word, a few posts later he has 5 rings. This ****ing board sometimes.

You clearly didn't read my post if you thought I got "tripped up".

And you choose to focus on your belief that I was "tripped up" on word use instead of attacking the question I posed to Kress because you have no answer and you want to play troll today. Cute.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Word is he had a offer at the start of FA but wanted to explore more options. Now it's not looking good.

While I don't care about his politics, it's not something any owner wants to bring in unless it's the only option or it gain outweighs the backlash. With CK it really doesn't.
Doctor

Postby Kress » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Kress wrote:

Wait, so that means that the sun and the moon are the same celestial body?

My extrapolation made just as much logical sense as yours just then. Or reading comprehension sense. Or any sense.

It's commonplace for those with no logical position to make lofty analogies and then attempt to expand their vocabulary and dodge the issue at hand. So I'll ask again.

So does that mean our QB is at bigger risk to get injured because we're a "fringe team"?

Extrapolation is a big word for you? Telling.

Anywho, numbnuts, no. The question isn't who is more likely to get injured. You just randomly twisted to that because you were sunk. The question is who is better equipped to survive the storm, if and when it does happen, and what your contingency plan is. New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and everyone else that you mentioned are better off. We need more.

Only a fool ignores the "what if" scenario, especially related to the most important guy on the field. Again, telling that you seem hell bent on doing so.

I bet you keep a backup pair of scissors in that weird jar of blue liquid just in case your favorites get dull. Why is that? Or, if you actually were a nurse, why would there be more than one of you working at a time? What if somebody was tied up or unavailable and a situation happens? Just grab the guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night and call it a wash?
Kress

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Kress wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
It's commonplace for those with no logical position to make lofty analogies and then attempt to expand their vocabulary and dodge the issue at hand. So I'll ask again.

So does that mean our QB is at bigger risk to get injured because we're a "fringe team"?

Extrapolation is a big word for you? Telling.

Anywho, numbnuts, no. The question isn't who is more likely to get injured. You just randomly twisted to that because you were sunk. The question is who is better equipped to survive the storm, if and when it does happen, and what your contingency plan is. New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and everyone else that you mentioned are better off. We need more.

Only a fool ignores the what if scenario. Again, telling.

I bet you keep a backup pair of scissors in that weird jar of blue liquid just in case your favorites get dull. Why is that? Or, if you actually were a nurse, why would there be more than one of you working at a time? What if somebody was tied up or unavailable and a situation happens? Just grab the guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night and call it a wash?

Again as I stated when people have no point they use lofty, unrelated analogies. That makes absolutely no sense.

And to the point SK made, if you believe you're a fringe team to begin with it would make more sense to build the team around your franchise guy. Not behind him. What good will that do IF your franchise guy goes down? Are you under the belief that someone available is a great franchise QB as well? If so I absolutely agree. Name him, sign him. We do need more. But adding a vet at backup QB isn't more.
Bootz2004

Postby threadkiller » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:26 pm

This thread is exactly what Colin Kaepernick means to a franchise.
threadkiller

Postby Kress » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Again as I stated when people have no point they use lofty, unrelated analogies. That makes absolutely no sense.

Which is exactly what you di..... you know what? Nevermind. My Bootzing quota has been satisfied for the day.

Protip: Use quota in your next game of Scrabble. Hella points. Also stop deflecting by pointing to word choices and creating previously-nonexistent straw man points instead applying reason to the actual point being discussed. Straw man arguments are certainly easy to counter, since you made them up, but in the end you just look stupid. It's really a bad play.

It's one of those things where, some day, you'll wonder why it just seems like every time, everyone else must be wrong....

But maybe that's next week's lesson.
Kress

Postby Cheb » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Cheb

Postby Swashy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Cheb wrote:Image

Brilliant
Swashy

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 am

Super K wrote:
MJW wrote:
DUDE, this is a BMW...you don't buy a good insurance policy for a BMW. That's crazy.

So I guess the following teams don't have insurance policies either?

GB Hundley draft pick

New England Jimmy G draft pick

Pittsburgh Landry Jones draft pick

Oakland McGloin UDFA

All have their franchise guys..All choose NOT to go with over priced junk vets as backups but rather turn to youngins whom they've developed and groomed..Just like we have, allegedly, done with Griffin..

It may or may not work out..But don't act like it's craziness to move forward with the plan and try to present said plan as lunacy..

As much as some around here say that they love us finally getting a franchise guy, I don't know if they truly believe or accept it..

It seems they long for the days where we had 2 "C" level guys whom we could swap in/out when things were getting shady with the hopes of the "other guy" doing better..

I'd like to note that I'd also like to a draft a quarterback, so your argument doesn't really apply to what I'm saying. I just don't want that quarterback to have to play as a rookie in almost any scenario. Those teams were okay with that in some cases, good for them. Everything every NFL team does isn't the right thing because an NFL team does it. The Seahawks, for example, likely cost themselves a shot at another title because they also didn't believe in having a good offensive line last year. Because Pete Carroll did it doesn't make it smart.

Doesn't matter either way. Bootz got Bootz all over an otherwise reasonable argument anyway.
MJW

Postby Kress » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:34 am

But what if Bill Bellicheck does it?
Kress

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 am

Kress wrote:But what if Bill Bellicheck does it?

I dunno. He's so far into my head that I can't see straight.
MJW

Postby RedLeader » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 am

WWBBD?!
RedLeader

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 am

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
So I guess the following teams don't have insurance policies either?

GB Hundley draft pick

New England Jimmy G draft pick

Pittsburgh Landry Jones draft pick

Oakland McGloin UDFA

All have their franchise guys..All choose NOT to go with over priced junk vets as backups but rather turn to youngins whom they've developed and groomed..Just like we have, allegedly, done with Griffin..

It may or may not work out..But don't act like it's craziness to move forward with the plan and try to present said plan as lunacy..

As much as some around here say that they love us finally getting a franchise guy, I don't know if they truly believe or accept it..

It seems they long for the days where we had 2 "C" level guys whom we could swap in/out when things were getting shady with the hopes of the "other guy" doing better..

I'd like to note that I'd also like to a draft a quarterback, so your argument doesn't really apply to what I'm saying. I just don't want that quarterback to have to play as a rookie in almost any scenario. Those teams were okay with that in some cases, good for them. Everything every NFL team does isn't the right thing because an NFL team does it. The Seahawks, for example, likely cost themselves a shot at another title because they also didn't believe in having a good offensive line last year. Because Pete Carroll did it doesn't make it smart.

Doesn't matter either way. Bootz got Bootz all over an otherwise reasonable argument anyway.

Wow I got her saying my name even when she's not replying to me. Belichick is in that head while I got her bent over.
#TagTeam
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 am

Now you're just trying too hard. Pump the brakes and you're just more fun. As a toy, mind you, but a more fun toy.
Kress

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:05 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Wow I got her saying my name even when she's not replying to me. Belichick is in that head while I got her bent over.
#TagTeam

Hey Bootz, Josh McCown just got signed.

He must have had some GREAT tape.
MJW

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:23 am

Kaepernick is a better back up than what we have as our back up.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Garbage player, garbage person. Plus, we have enough media attention from all the fake rage towards Winston.
theBKwhopper

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:Garbage player, garbage person. Plus, we have enough media attention from all the fake rage towards Winston.

Is that fake outrage towards Winston the same as your fake outrage against Kaepernick?
Bootz2004

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Garbage player, garbage person. Plus, we have enough media attention from all the fake rage towards Winston.

Is that fake outrage towards Winston the same as your fake outrage against Kaepernick?

Maybe if I was outraged. Kaepernick is about as fake as it gets. Maybe that's what you like, though.
theBKwhopper

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Kaepernick is about as fake as it gets.

Do explain
Bootz2004

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote: Kaepernick is about as fake as it gets.

Do explain

Fake rage about a fake issue. Not complicated, dude.
theBKwhopper

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Do explain

Yikes.. talk about being uninformed about the issue...
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Do explain

Police brutality is a fake issue?

I implore you to take your blinders off.
Bootz2004

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Fake rage about a fake issue. Not complicated, dude.

Police brutality is a fake issue?

I implore you to take your blinders off.

Haha nice one.
theBKwhopper

Postby obsolete » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Any remember who CK voted for? Someone who would take such a stand and isnt attention seeking would surely cast a vote for change, right?
obsolete

Postby Kress » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 am

Cheb wrote:
But you see how quickly this discussion turned? That's why he is still unemployed.
Kress

Postby Swashy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:04 am

Bootz and Hoodie would be the greatest tag team of all time.
Swashy

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:13 am

obsolete wrote:Any remember who CK voted for? Someone who would take such a stand and isnt attention seeking would surely cast a vote for change, right?

"Voting would be hypocritical"

- FA NFL QB/Activist
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:18 am

Kress wrote:
Cheb wrote:
But you see how quickly this discussion turned? That's why he is still unemployed.

And there it is.

And frankly, that sucks. That's life. That's reality. That's business. But that sucks. It sucks that nobody remembers that Seahawks DE Frank Clark stole a laptop from a teammate and choked out a pregnant woman and he went in the 2nd round, but CK and his rock-stupid politics have made him radioactive to teams. Joe Mixon will go on Day Two with video of him knocking out a woman half his size in Subway, but CK and his politics...can't have that.

And it sucks even more that clowns like Bootz think it's his "tape" keeping him off a roster. Yeah, that's it. Matt Barkley had better "tape" than CK, that's why he has a job.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions