Is Colin Kaepernick An Option For Us? What About For ANYONE?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Is Colin Kaepernick An Option For Us? What About For ANY

Postby RedLeader » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 am

Talent + baggage = 2nd chances

'Top tier' talent + baggage = 3rd chances and a post career as a sports commentator on a major network.

'Ok' Talent + baggage = Hit the bricks pal, and godspeed. Hope you actually picked something up in college.
RedLeader

Postby Naismith » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:09 am

Do the people that think he's been blackballed also think Cutler, Daniel, Fitzpatrick, McCown, Keenum, etc. have been blackballed? It's still March. He'll get signed by someone.
Naismith

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:11 am

Pass on CK..Let someone else grab him or one of the other "vets" for a backup..

Draft and continue to develop our own..

I will say that for those whom are worried about the "QB controversy" angle, obviously you have not fully grasped or accepted JW for what he is or will continue to be..

He isn't Chris Simms, Freeman, Dilfer or King...There is no, and will not be, backup plan at QB because team leadership is "unsure" of the guy behind center..

JW is the guy..Period..
Super K

Postby MJW » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am

Naismith wrote:Do the people that think he's been blackballed also think Cutler, Daniel, Fitzpatrick, McCown, Keenum, etc. have been blackballed? It's still March. He'll get signed by someone.

Has CK even gotten a sniff, though? Most of those guys have had visits/tryouts. Daniel was just released. Cutler is licking his wounds, I think. We don't even know if he's going to keep playing.

I can't find any evidence of CK even getting a visit with a team. For a guy who had 18 TDs and 4 INTs last year, that doesn't seem sketchy at this point?
MJW

Postby Nano » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am

According to John Lynch, he had a multi year deal ready, but it fell through
Nano

Postby KiffininCanton » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 am

Look at some of the RBs the past couple of years that got jobs or at least tryouts and tell me why Ray Rice can't even get a try out.

Don't kid yourself, this league blackballs players.
KiffininCanton

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:23 am

Super K wrote:Pass on CK..Let someone else grab him or one of the other "vets" for a backup..

I will say that for those whom are worried about the "QB controversy" angle, obviously you have not fully grasped or accepted JW for what he is or will continue to be..

He isn't Chris Simms, Freeman, Dilfer or King...There is no, and will not be, backup plan at QB because team leadership is "unsure" of the guy behind center..

JW is the guy..Period..
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 am

MJW wrote:
Naismith wrote:Do the people that think he's been blackballed also think Cutler, Daniel, Fitzpatrick, McCown, Keenum, etc. have been blackballed? It's still March. He'll get signed by someone.

Has CK even gotten a sniff, though? Most of those guys have had visits/tryouts. Daniel was just released. Cutler is licking his wounds, I think. We don't even know if he's going to keep playing.

I can't find any evidence of CK even getting a visit with a team. For a guy who had 18 TDs and 4 INTs last year, that doesn't seem sketchy at this point?

That's because unlike you teams look at more than just stats. They actually watch him play. A lot of those TDs came in garbage time. Kaepernick has never been careless with the football. He had a more than 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. But he's not a scoring machine. He doesn't finish a lot of drives with TDs. He runs way too hot and cold. The 1 time you probably saw him play is an example of this. 2 TDs on the 1st 2 drives of the game. Then nothing afterwards. That's Kaepernick. He has the talent but he is as inconsistent as any QB ever. It's frustrating. So stop throwing around this 18/4 like it's a badge of honor. Guy went 1-11 as a starter. That's why he doesn't get a call.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:52 am

are you ****ing out of your mind, keep that ****ing mental midget cancer of a teammate (THAT'S RIGHT) away from our beautiful franchise :devil:
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 am

My thoughts on this...

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:You gotta love this business. Players who get suspended for drugs, get arrested, hit women, get in fights, drink and drive get chance after chance but guys who stand up for what they believe "are a distraction". The idiocy is real with this one.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Nano » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Super K wrote:Pass on CK..Let someone else grab him or one of the other "vets" for a backup..

JW is the guy..Period..

Our backup plan is basically to fire everyone and start the rebuild again.
Nano

Postby MJW » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

That's because unlike you teams look at more than just stats. They actually watch him play. A lot of those TDs came in garbage time. Kaepernick has never been careless with the football. He had a more than 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. But he's not a scoring machine. He doesn't finish a lot of drives with TDs. He runs way too hot and cold. The 1 time you probably saw him play is an example of this. 2 TDs on the 1st 2 drives of the game. Then nothing afterwards. That's Kaepernick. He has the talent but he is as inconsistent as any QB ever. It's frustrating. So stop throwing around this 18/4 like it's a badge of honor. Guy went 1-11 as a starter. That's why he doesn't get a call.

Give me a damn break.

Geno Smith got a call. Matt Barkley got a call. Josh McCown has gotten several calls. Nick ****ing Foles got a call and $7 mil guaranteed. And as you pointed out, Mike Glennon got $14 million APY - for what, his 5-14 record that you keep pointing out? How do you reconcile THAT with your theory on wins and losses?

I have no use for CK but if you think him not having a single FA visit on record to this point is strictly his tape, as you're suggesting, you probably have your mittens sewn into your jacket for you.
MJW

Postby MJW » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:34 pm

JW is the guy..Period..

DUDE, this is a BMW...you don't buy a good insurance policy for a BMW. That's crazy.
MJW

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:54 pm

MJW wrote:

JW is the guy..Period..

DUDE, this is a BMW...you don't buy a good insurance policy for a BMW. That's crazy.

So I guess the following teams don't have insurance policies either?

GB Hundley draft pick

New England Jimmy G draft pick

Pittsburgh Landry Jones draft pick

Oakland McGloin UDFA

All have their franchise guys..All choose NOT to go with over priced junk vets as backups but rather turn to youngins whom they've developed and groomed..Just like we have, allegedly, done with Griffin..

It may or may not work out..But don't act like it's craziness to move forward with the plan and try to present said plan as lunacy..

As much as some around here say that they love us finally getting a franchise guy, I don't know if they truly believe or accept it..

It seems they long for the days where we had 2 "C" level guys whom we could swap in/out when things were getting shady with the hopes of the "other guy" doing better..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I'd also add Trevone Boykin. 2016 UDFA and #2 QB in Seattle behind Russell Wilson. Pete Carroll is an idiot, right?
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 pm

We're a fringe team that needs every win we can get and, more important, need quality qb play to do it.
We don't have the team N.E. does, and thus don't have their luxuries. The same goes for every other team you listed.
Kress

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Kress wrote:We're a fringe team that needs every win we can get and, more important, need quality qb play to do it.
We don't have the team N.E. does, and thus don't have their luxuries.

Wait so that means our QB is at bigger risk to get injured because we're a "fringe team"??
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I'd also add Trevone Boykin. 2016 UDFA and #2 QB in Seattle behind Russell Wilson. Pete Carroll is an idiot, right?

Good catch..

And Kress, if we are a "fringe team", you spend money and resources to build said team AROUND your franchise guy..Not behind him "just in case"..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:I'd also add Trevone Boykin. 2016 UDFA and #2 QB in Seattle behind Russell Wilson. Pete Carroll is an idiot, right?

Good catch..

And Kress, if we are a "fringe team", you spend money and resources to build said team AROUND your franchise guy..Not behind him "just in case"..

That logic makes absolutely no sense. What good is fortifying the backup QB spot if you don't think your team is that good anyway?
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Jesus Bootz. Just because you think something isn't important doesn't mean that it's not important. My God man just give it a rest and live with that fact that not everyone agrees with you.
Swashy

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:
Good catch..

That logic makes absolutely no sense. What good is fortifying the backup QB spot if you don't think your team is that good anyway?

I agree..But I feel like/think you and I are alone on this one..

Why?..I have no idea..But it's making my brain hurt..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Swashy wrote:Jesus Bootz. Just because you think something isn't important doesn't mean that it's not important. My God man just give it a rest and live with that fact that not everyone agrees with you.

NFL teams seem to agree with me. SK pointed out several teams who made the playoffs and had unproven backup QBs. 1 team won their division with an unproven QB (Dallas).
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Swashy wrote:Jesus Bootz. Just because you think something isn't important doesn't mean that it's not important. My God man just give it a rest and live with that fact that not everyone agrees with you.

NFL teams seem to agree with me. SK pointed out several teams who made the playoffs and had unproven backup QBs. 1 team won their division with an unproven QB (Dallas).

Well yeah. You're not wrong... the vast majority of teams have unproven QB's no differently than we do. The point stands and we're acutely aware of it. But the difference between us and a team that makes the playoffs every year that has an unproven QB is we don't make the playoffs. Like ever. We're going on 10 years of this. This Bucs team has screwed up in almost every possible way a team has screwed up since then.

You can indeed call it a losing mentality when we speak the way we do. We're stuck in losing and we want to get the heck out of it. It's at the point of wanting to make sure we have a capable backup despite it typically being irrelevant to the NFL world.
Swashy

Postby Kress » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Kress wrote:We're a fringe team that needs every win we can get and, more important, need quality qb play to do it.
We don't have the team N.E. does, and thus don't have their luxuries.

Wait so that means our QB is at bigger risk to get injured because we're a "fringe team"??

Wait, so that means that the sun and the moon are the same celestial body?

My extrapolation made just as much logical sense as yours just then. Or reading comprehension sense. Or any sense.
Kress

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Kress wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Wait, so that means that the sun and the moon are the same celestial body?

My extrapolation made just as much logical sense as yours just then. Or reading comprehension sense. Or any sense.

It's commonplace for those with no logical position to make lofty analogies and then attempt to expand their vocabulary and dodge the issue at hand. So I'll ask again.

So does that mean our QB is at bigger risk to get injured because we're a "fringe team"?
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Just to be clear, you think using the word extrapolation is some form of linguistic gymnastics?

Nurses have to extrapolate data all the time...
Rocker

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Rocker wrote:Just to be clear, you think using the word extrapolation is some form of linguistic gymnastics?

Nurses have to extrapolate data all the time...

You're comparing a hospital to a football message board? All while avoiding the question. Love it.
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Woooooooooooosh.
Rocker

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Rocker wrote:Woooooooooooosh.

Even better. Belichick and I have something in common: We easily get in your guys head.
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions