Dafuq are the Patriots doing?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Dafuq are the Patriots doing?

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
If that's the logic, we're in trouble and so is every NFL team. You're saying whoever is taken after 32 will be no better than Cooks in their career. Well, way better. So every pick after 32 will bust.

I never said that at all.

Then if pick 32 will have a career not even close to Cooks what makes the picks after 32 better? Please explain.
Bootz2004

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:
I never said that at all.

Then if pick 32 will have a career not even close to Cooks what makes the picks after 32 better? Please explain.

I'm sure there could or will be someone in the later rounds who exceeds expectations and becomes a star, it happens all the time. Look at the GOAT QB being drafted in the 6th round. My only guarantee was that the New Orleans Saints won't draft anyone better than Cooks with the 32nd pick. I said nothing of anywhere else in the draft. It's also a great addition for the Patriots since he's only 23 years old currently and is a proven 1K yard receiver with YAC ability. Not only is it a great win now move, but if they re-sign him it's great long term as well.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:21 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'm sure there could or will be someone in the later rounds who exceeds expectations and becomes a star, it happens all the time. Look at the GOAT QB being drafted in the 6th round. My only guarantee was that the New Orleans Saints won't draft anyone better than Cooks with the 32nd pick. I said nothing of anywhere else in the draft. It's also a great addition for the Patriots since he's only 23 years old currently and is a proven 1K yard receiver with YAC ability. Not only is it a great win now move, but if they re-sign him it's great long term as well.

What makes that 1 pick such a lock to be no better than Cooks? This is an intriguing proposition and you're not answering the question.
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Naismith wrote:Chris Hogan was a RFA so he doesn't count towards compensatory picks and Harbor was released before week ten, so he doesn't either. I appreciate you trying here but it's not going to work out for you.

Fiction. As the rules state, The placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. There's nothing stating that RFAs don't count. If there is, show me. Should be easy.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/ ... -this-year

Chris Hogan*
The Bills tendered Hogan a restricted free agent contract. While Hogan signed a bigger contract with the Patriots, the Bills had the chance to match his deal and they didn’t, which makes him ineligible for this list.

Further proof is that the Patriots are getting a compensatory pick despite losing only two players and signing one. If Hogan counted, which he doesn't, they would not have a net loss to acquire a compensatory pick.
Naismith

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:

What makes that 1 pick such a lock to be no better than Cooks? This is an intriguing proposition and you're not answering the question.

It's not a lock, it's my personal prediction. Once again, you're clinging on to something and making a bigger deal out of it to make an argument. I'll leave it at that though, because this seems like an argument destined to just go around in circles accomplishing nothing.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Naismith wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Fiction. As the rules state, The placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. There's nothing stating that RFAs don't count. If there is, show me. Should be easy.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/ ... -this-year

Chris Hogan*
The Bills tendered Hogan a restricted free agent contract. While Hogan signed a bigger contract with the Patriots, the Bills had the chance to match his deal and they didn’t, which makes him ineligible for this list.

Further proof is that the Patriots are getting a compensatory pick despite losing only two players and signing one. If Hogan counted, which he doesn't, they would not have a net loss to acquire a compensatory pick.

You can do no better than a fanbase blog? LMAO! You do realize that those blogs are no different than this board. All opinion based. Might as well take everything that idiot Sanders Phillspe on Bucs Natiom says as Gospel truth. Show me some real proof or its fiction.
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:41 pm

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL ... Clubs.aspx

Here you go, here's a list of players of players that qualify for the compensatory formula released by the NFL.

NEW ENGLAND

Lost: Hicks, Akiem; Wilson, Tavon

Gained: McClellin, Shea

You'll notice that none of the players listed under "gained" are Chris Hogan. You'll also notice the list looks remarkably like the loss/gain I listed earlier because I actually know what I'm talking about.

C'mon, man, I'm trying to help you out here. Your entire gimmick is that you pretend to be more knowledgeable than the average fan. Just take your loss here and store your new information to use against someone else in the future when you're trying to act like an expert. I'll be charitable and not link back to this when you do.

You can keep dismissing the information for whatever reason you'd like but the end result is that Hogan didn't count in the formula. The Bills could have received compensation for him by giving him a 2nd or 1st round tender but to save money, did not do so and opened themselves up to having him signed away with no compensation if they didn't match the contract.
Naismith

Postby Rocker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Match point to Naismith.
Rocker

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:I guarantee that Cooks has a way better career than whoever the Saints draft at 32.

If that's the logic, we're in trouble and so is every NFL team. You're saying whoever is taken after 32 will be no better than Cooks in their career. Well, way better. So every pick after 32 will bust.

He never said that.. at all.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Naismith wrote:https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-Announces-32-Compensatory-Draft-Choices-to-16-Clubs.aspx

Here you go, here's a list of players of players that qualify for the compensatory formula released by the NFL.

NEW ENGLAND

Lost: Hicks, Akiem; Wilson, Tavon

Gained: McClellin, Shea

You'll notice that none of the players listed under "gained" are Chris Hogan. You'll also notice the list looks remarkably like the loss/gain I listed earlier because I actually know what I'm talking about.

C'mon, man, I'm trying to help you out here. Your entire gimmick is that you pretend to be more knowledgeable than the average fan. Just take your loss here and store your knew information to use against someone else in the future when you're trying to act like an expert. I'll be charitable and not link back to this when you do.

You can keep dismissing the information for whatever reason you'd like but the end result is that Hogan didn't count in the formula. The Bills could have received compensation for him by giving him a 2nd or 1st round tender but to save money, did not do so and opened themselves up to having him signed away with no compensation if they didn't match the contract.

BINGO! That's not what you stated before. You said Hogan didn't qualify because he was an RFA and as I told you that doesn't disqualify a player. They didn't make a high enough offer so they didn't get the compensation. That much I was unaware of. But being an RFA doesn't disqualify a player from being included in comp pick selection formula. That much I hope you're able to understand.
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Just say, "I was wrong. I learned something new."

Compensation for a signed RFA that has a specific tender isn't the same as gaining a compensatory pick from losing an UFA. All free agents that were signed in 2016 and eligible for the compensatory formula would have garnered a 2017 pick. Had the Bills tendered Chris Hogan with, say, a second round tender, the Patriots would have given up a 2016 second rounder if they signed him. They are not the same thing. Further, Hogan would not have counted as a lost player in the compensatory formula in that scenario, either, just like he didn't as a original pick tender, which was your claim.
Naismith

Postby threadkiller » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 pm

*Already covered
threadkiller

Postby NYBF » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Belichick is like I said so deep inside the head of every casual fan.

This is absolutely ****ing hysterical. You think you know more than Belichick. What kind of drugs do you do?

Bootz2004 wrote:This has nothing to do with 5 championships. And that's my point. That's all you're smart enough to focus on. Like I said he could do literally anything and you'd be on your knees because all you see is 5 rings.

Doubling down on the stupid!
NYBF

Postby Kress » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:45 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Belichick is like I said so deep inside the head of every casual fan.

This is absolutely ****ing hysterical. You think you know more than Belichick. What kind of drugs do you do?

Bootz2004 wrote:This has nothing to do with 5 championships. And that's my point. That's all you're smart enough to focus on. Like I said he could do literally anything and you'd be on your knees because all you see is 5 rings.

Doubling down on the stupid!

Dude. Once he gets one for a toe, we can talk.
Kress

Postby MJW » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 am

In a radical shift from the norm, Bootz says something stupid, gets called on it, and continues to double down and double down until he's arguing the earth is flat.
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 am

MJW wrote:In a radical shift from the norm, Bootz says something stupid, gets called on it, and continues to double down and double down until he's arguing the earth is flat.

In a smart move, it appears he has abandoned this thread.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Kress » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 am

Welcome to Bootzing. There is a cheese plate on the counter, and some cold beer in the fridge. Enjoy your stay.
Kress

Postby Rocker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Kress wrote:Welcome to Bootzing. There is a cheese plate on the counter, and some cold beer in the fridge. Enjoy your stay.

Charcuterie board.

Step your game up; this is a classy establishment.
Rocker

Postby BucaRican » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:I guarantee that Cooks has a way better career than whoever the Saints draft at 32.

Well even if he is not the way that offense is run, Cooks is by far the best player for that system that could be picked at 32 with the exception of John Ross and Christian McCaffrey. Both of those guys will not be at 32.
BucaRican

Postby Kress » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:18 am

Rocker wrote:
Kress wrote:Welcome to Bootzing. There is a cheese plate on the counter, and some cold beer in the fridge. Enjoy your stay.

Charcuterie board.

Step your game up; this is a classy establishment.

In that case, skip the beer and get that Chateau Margaux into a decanter a.s.a.p.
Kress

Postby Rocker » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:06 am

*Angrily returns the keg of PBR*
Rocker

Postby NYBF » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 am

What kind of beer?
NYBF

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Not PBR apparently....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:42 pm

And now the stupid Patriots re-sign Dont'a Hightower than significantly less than most thought he'd sign for.

Stupid.
MJW

Previous

Return to Team Discussions