Is Jameis in trouble again?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Is Jameis in trouble again?

Postby Wesmon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:28 am

Corsair wrote:I've yet to meet a single person who is outraged by this.

But I have seen a bunch of "I'm outraged that people are outraged by this" people.

That's how click bait works. And you are supporting it by responding to it.

Now I am also supporting it by responding. ****.
Wesmon

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

But I have seen a bunch of "I'm outraged that people are outraged by this" people.

Turn on ESPN.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:03 am

Buc2 wrote:Image
Wake me when he does something that will have an effect on his football performance or his ability to be available for games.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Pewterslimsme » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:07 am

Imagine if he was white.
Pewterslimsme

Postby paco74 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:07 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:So are we mad that this is news or are we mad that they brought up the rape thing again?

I'm confused. ESPN shows the clip, then shows excerpts from Winston's statement admitting the gaffe and explaining his intent, then they bring up the settled rape thing as the "why do I care" capper.

If this is a "hit piece" it is the most weak sauce hit piece I have ever seen.

Let me translate it for you from Espnish...

Jameis Winston fucked up today trying to be a great guy. He made the boys stand up and yell and said the girls should be mostly quiet. Winston told the local paper that he was trying to be cool for kids and fucked up doing it and wasn't trying to hurt anybody. Jameis should be more careful about **** like that because unhinged feminists don't like him much already.

So, yeah. This is the product of a slow sports news cycle. Everyone can move on now.

Winston noticed one little boy that seemed disinterested and lethargic. Instead of calling this one kid out and inadvertently embarrassing him, he had all the other boys stand up. He then he spoke to this kid without actually speaking directly to him. I believe what he meant to say was that it is usually girls who are soft spoken, quiet, and calm and not boys. He was trying to inspire this one kid to be engaged. He ends up saying girls are the ones that should be quiet and calm. Change that to "girls are the ones that are usually quiet and calm" and the story goes away.

It is a non story and I was vexed last night to see this wannabe relevant sports news reporter quickly go from this and somehow show it was a pattern for Winston because of the FSU thing.
Last edited by paco74 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
paco74

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:08 am

Pewterslimsme wrote:Imagine if he was white.

"Positive message to a group of young children. What a role model"
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 am

*puts on fire retardant gear, wades chest deep*

**** yeah Jameis, spot on, speak to the kids. nothing good ever came from encouraging young girls to be rachet-ass, loud mouth, disrespectful women when they grow up

Isn't that what the outrage is? that he told girls that they should be soft spoken and polite? what's the inverse of polite? what's the inverse of "quiet"?

that whole apathetic, careless attitude **** is a plague in our society. just like men not being leaders (of themselves and of family) and taking responsibility is a plague. apathy and carelessness needs to be beaten out of kids, because our unstructured, sloppy ass society does nothing but reinforce those sloppy ass feelings.

sorry, not only do I disagree with ESPN's level of outrage of this, I disagree with the notion that jameis said anything or did anything wrong here

don't act like 3 minutes of Jameis Winston talking to your little girl's class is going to cage her in for the rest of her life. girls fight and push boundaries when they're teens, no matter what. him saying that is a minute, 1% knock back against the grain, but if some girl decides to interpret it the way he meant, and sit back and think "hmmm, maybe acting with quiet dignity, being polite, is not a bad thing afterall" then great. but don't act like he forever wrecked their psyche. don't act like any girl is going to feel like she was somehow limited in life because jameis winston suggested "ya'll are supposed to be quiet and polite". He's a southern boy, where do you think he got that? his mom. And my mom would agree to. And so does my wife (one of 6 girls in her family). people need to cut the woe is me, victim mentality ****

flame on.
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby Pewterslimsme » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am

Hey guys, I don't think he really put on any fire retardant gear. He most likely doesn't even own any.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:36 am

Let's find out...

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:37 am

lmao
beardmcdoug

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:48 am

Everyone knows, you NEVER go full retardant.
RedLeader

Postby Pewterslimsme » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 am

That's why he only went chest deep
Pewterslimsme

Postby sanka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 pm

He would be president?
sanka

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:11 am

sanka wrote:

He would be president?

It'd have to be Trump, not Clinton, because remember he didn't actually rape anyone.
MJW

Postby sanka » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 am

Nothing was wrong with what Jameis said ......oversensitive women nowadays....

I think American women have taken this feminist bullshit to another level...that is why there is high divorce rate in this country.

What all men in America want from a woman is just three things: food, sex and silence ...feed me, **** me and shut the **** up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sanka

Postby sanka » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:38 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:He would be president?

It'd have to be Trump, not Clinton, because remember he didn't actually rape anyone.

Grab her by the ***** = President

**** her right in the ***** = Suspension of one game

:lol:
sanka

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:06 am

sanka wrote:Nothing was wrong with what Jameis said ......oversensitive women nowadays....

I think American women have taken this feminist bullshit to another level...that is why there is high divorce rate in this country.

What all men in America want from a woman is just three things: food, sex and silence ...feed me, **** me and shut the **** up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since you failed to address this point last time - these "oversensitive women" you're talking about share your politics. Trump would agree with you on Jameis.
MJW

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:23 am

That happens every year with Starbucks holiday cups.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 am

Ken Carson wrote:

That happens every year with Starbucks holiday cups.

that's outrageous
Zarniwoop

Postby LUGZ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 am

theBKwhopper wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
There was nothing offensive when I watched the video. But that is not how the story is being delivered. It's taking what was said out of context and delivering it in a way meant to seem a salacious as possible in order to generate more 'clicks'. All people will read is that Winston told young girls to "sit down and be silent", which is unfortunate and completely out of context.

ESPN and much of the media in general will attack Winston any chance they get. It's just how it is sadly.

He's apologized for the word choice, which is more than enough to put this 'story' to bed.

Wow... There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he did. Frickin liberals, man.

Not all liberals are like this man. If I had to align myself with a political ideology, it would certainly be as a liberal. However I'm just as baffled as any other sane person over how this is being portrayed.

Both the left and the right have an issue with extremist groups condemning their party as a whole. First it was the mouth breathing Teap Partiers that invaded the right, and now the limp wrist Social Justice Warriors have invaded the left.

The SJWs are just as worthless to me as the TP's.

So yea, but all liberals are ******* that get offended at every thing imaginable.
LUGZ

Postby Pewterslimsme » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 am

LUGZ wrote:If I had to align myself with a political ideology, it would certainly be as a liberal.

Happy Holidays.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Corsair » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:38 pm

LUGZ wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Wow... There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he did. Frickin liberals, man.

Not all liberals are like this man. If I had to align myself with a political ideology, it would certainly be as a liberal. However I'm just as baffled as any other sane person over how this is being portrayed.

Both the left and the right have an issue with extremist groups condemning their party as a whole. First it was the mouth breathing Teap Partiers that invaded the right, and now the limp wrist Social Justice Warriors have invaded the left.

So yea, but all liberals are ******* that get offended at every thing imaginable.

LOL, another straw man argument.

Those damn liberals are outraged and that is just outrageous.

Meanwhile, I don't see anybody outraged by how Jameis misspoke.
Corsair

Postby Swashy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Corsair wrote:
LUGZ wrote:

As a liberal leaning heterosexual middle class white male your choice of words not only greatly offends me but I'm also offended by the offense you took to people being offended and I'm also even MORE offended that you're going be offended that I'm offended. People like you are the problem with this country! You can't leave it alone can you. When feelies get hurt people (since I do not know your proper gender identity) like yourself just have to shoot their mouth off about people's feelings getting hurt!

It's the ***damn internet!! It's supposed to be a safe space where people can express how hurt their feelings are by what they've seen in the real world.

YOU'RE A MONSTER!
Last edited by Swashy on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Alright now that I've properly poked fun at the subject, I hope this issue just gets dropped. Winston might be a bit of a dope but I know he's not attempting to perpetuate negative stereotypes. With all that said I'd actually be in favor of this thread getting transferred to the politics forum and dying a slow, natural death.
Swashy

Postby theBKwhopper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

"Positive message to a group of young children. What a role model"

Do you watch the media nowadays, dude? White guys are public enemy #1.
theBKwhopper

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 am

Corsair wrote:
LUGZ wrote:

The media (ESPN) is...It was talked about on every ESPN talk show, radio show, Sorts center, and there are no less than 4 articles about it. All of them mention the rape accusations in the midst of bladting Jameis for at least mispeaking, some have said worse. There is outrage about this, it just appears that most outside kf the media don't care
uscbucsfan

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:20 am

LUGZ wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Wow... There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he did. Frickin liberals, man.

Understandable. For what it's worth, I'm not completely against the liberal ideology. I'm for civil liberties and human rights. I just prefer smaller government. The less they take part in your life, the better. It's these new liberals. "Progressives," I guess? The SJW's. They're dangerous.
theBKwhopper

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't think Jameis meant anything negative by it, but the media is trying to make it a story. Thankfully, the outrage over this has been minimal at best outside of ESPN trying to make it a big deal.
Miller4Prez64

Postby UbuntuBuc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

I am glad that Jameis is not...

All I have to say.
UbuntuBuc

Postby Corsair » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Pretty low bar.
Just sayin'
Corsair

PreviousNext