Is Jameis in trouble again?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Is Jameis in trouble again?

Postby tjax03 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:35 am

https://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-tel ... 1792671443

In 2017 people are sensitve. Even more so when they want to see a kid like him fail at any chance.

Im not really sure what is going on here
tjax03

Re: Is Jameis in trouble again?

Postby sanka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am

Tjax shut the hell up and enjoy the off-season ...
sanka

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 am

Not in trouble, just didn't select his words the best while making a well-intentioned speech to a group of elementary school kids.

His words imply that girls are supposed to 'be silent and polite' while boys are 'strong'. Feminists and the PC police get annoyed with type of talk and make a big deal about it.

Due to Winston's past this will cause over-reaction.
DreadNaught

Postby MarineBuc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Poorly worded talking points around a bunch of kids...but, "trouble"? Nah
MarineBuc

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 pm

As always, he'll get better
ComingThisFall

Postby Caradoc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm

And some here think the media doesn't have their knives out ready to take any opportunity to attack him.
Caradoc

Postby Cheb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm

It was a poor choice of words that he already apologized about.
Cheb

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Wake me when he does something that will have an effect on his football performance or his ability to be available for games.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Poor choice of words? Only idiots believe that. Most people are too stupid unfortunately to understand the context of what he was saying. I bet those kids understood. Perhaps he should've dumbed it down for the dummies in this country who are "offended".
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Poor choice of words? Only idiots believe that. Most people are too stupid unfortunately to understand the context of what he was saying. I bet those kids understood. Perhaps he should've dumbed it down for the dummies in this country who are "offended".

There was nothing offensive when I watched the video. But that is not how the story is being delivered. It's taking what was said out of context and delivering it in a way meant to seem a salacious as possible in order to generate more 'clicks'. All people will read is that Winston told young girls to "sit down and be silent", which is unfortunate and completely out of context.

ESPN and much of the media in general will attack Winston any chance they get. It's just how it is sadly.

He's apologized for the word choice, which is more than enough to put this 'story' to bed.

DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm

"Jameis Winston School Controversy" makes it sound like he did something illegal there
Nano

Postby tjax03 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 pm

This must be the doldrums of the NFL offseason if this is all they can talk about.
tjax03

Postby sanka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 pm

This is why Winston was robbed of the ROY and play of the year in back to back season....the haters are waiting for this man to fail.

They still searching for an off the field incident... :lol: :lol:
sanka

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm

sanka wrote:This is why Winston was robbed of the ROY and play of the year in back to back season....the haters are waiting for this man to fail.

They still searching for an off the field incident... :lol: :lol:

Say what?

Bootz2004

Postby SIBucsFan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Miko has Miko'd a lot today over this.
SIBucsFan

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:12 pm

For anyone with half a brain and no agenda, this incident gets filed in the "who gives a ****" folder..
Super K

Postby theBKwhopper » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Poor choice of words? Only idiots believe that. Most people are too stupid unfortunately to understand the context of what he was saying. I bet those kids understood. Perhaps he should've dumbed it down for the dummies in this country who are "offended".

There was nothing offensive when I watched the video. But that is not how the story is being delivered. It's taking what was said out of context and delivering it in a way meant to seem a salacious as possible in order to generate more 'clicks'. All people will read is that Winston told young girls to "sit down and be silent", which is unfortunate and completely out of context.

ESPN and much of the media in general will attack Winston any chance they get. It's just how it is sadly.

He's apologized for the word choice, which is more than enough to put this 'story' to bed.

Wow... There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he did. Frickin liberals, man.
theBKwhopper

Postby KiffininCanton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm

How did a funny and edgy site like deadspin become such a SJW condescension cesspool?
KiffininCanton

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:51 pm

So are we mad that this is news or are we mad that they brought up the rape thing again?

I'm confused. ESPN shows the clip, then shows excerpts from Winston's statement admitting the gaffe and explaining his intent, then they bring up the settled rape thing as the "why do I care" capper.

If this is a "hit piece" it is the most weak sauce hit piece I have ever seen.

Let me translate it for you from Espnish...

Jameis Winston fucked up today trying to be a great guy. He made the boys stand up and yell and said the girls should be mostly quiet. Winston told the local paper that he was trying to be cool for kids and fucked up doing it and wasn't trying to hurt anybody. Jameis should be more careful about **** like that because unhinged feminists don't like him much already.

So, yeah. This is the product of a slow sports news cycle. Everyone can move on now.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Personally, I'm mad about them bringing up the sexual assault allegation that he was cleared of. And the one story I read didn't bother to mention that last little piece. It's lazy ****ing journalism. And it will never go away. These hack piece of **** "writers" will file it away to bring up whenever they're staring down the barrel of a deadline and can't fill 1000 words.

And if it sounds as though I'm sensitive to that sort of thing, I get bombarded at least once a year with stories about the Mets cutting a check to Bobby Bonilla. Even though a business publication broke it down and showed that it was actually a good deal. And that deal was not the first to feature deferred money. And it certainly isn't the last. But come June 1, copy/paste/submit.
NYBF

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 am

KiffininCanton wrote:How did a funny and edgy site like deadspin become such a SJW condescension cesspool?

When the Gawker people bought it.
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:08 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:So are we mad that this is news or are we mad that they brought up the rape thing again?

I'm confused. ESPN shows the clip, then shows excerpts from Winston's statement admitting the gaffe and explaining his intent, then they bring up the settled rape thing as the "why do I care" capper.

If this is a "hit piece" it is the most weak sauce hit piece I have ever seen.

Let me translate it for you from Espnish...

Jameis Winston fucked up today trying to be a great guy. He made the boys stand up and yell and said the girls should be mostly quiet. Winston told the local paper that he was trying to be cool for kids and fucked up doing it and wasn't trying to hurt anybody. Jameis should be more careful about **** like that because unhinged feminists don't like him much already.

So, yeah. This is the product of a slow sports news cycle. Everyone can move on now.

I'm mad this is news, especially after seeing the video. I'm mad that a positive message got taken completely out of context because some idiot felt that given his past accusations he shouldn't address young girls in that manner. Bullshit. And living in this country where people are too stupid to think for themselves or formulate cogent thoughts in general, there's now some faux outrage because network TV told you to be hurt by the comments.
Bootz2004

Postby Corsair » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:22 am

I've yet to meet a single person who is outraged by this.

But I have seen a bunch of "I'm outraged that people are outraged by this" people.
Corsair

Postby Nano » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 am

Depends on the place. Most aren't really taking offense to it. Then you have places like r/NFL that is destroying him for it.
Nano

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:15 am

Corsair wrote:I've yet to meet a single person who is outraged by this.

But I have seen a bunch of "I'm outraged that people are outraged by this" people.

This seems to be the case more often than not - preemptive outrage at outrage that hasn't happened yet.

Most of the rest of the time, it's opportunistic fake outrage at a target who might have it coming anyway, like Milo.

The remaining times it's actual outrage. Though that's pretty rare I find.
MJW

Postby sanka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 am

Where were all these feminists that voted the idiot that can't read into the WH after stating he loves to grab women by their *****?
sanka

Postby sanka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 am

Molly I love you..and you still look magically delicious...and I would still lick chocolate from your banana split anyday....but this is a fucked feminist minded statement...where were women like you when Trump was running saying all kind of bullshit?

sanka

Postby sanka » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 am

MaryJane didn't you claim to be a feminist a while back?
sanka

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:45 am

sanka wrote:MaryJane didn't you claim to be a feminist a while back?

For the 11th time now, no. And the next time you ask, no to that also.

BTW, Sanka, I'm wondering if the irony of you defending JW from fellow liberals is lost on you.
MJW

Postby HamBone » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:54 am

I'm trying to care about this...but, I just can't.
HamBone

Next

Return to Team Discussions