***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby sanka » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:58 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:

I won't be shock if you had 6 shots of tequila before posting this....there is something called schedule look at it.

They will be lucky to win 4-5 games this season ....they went on a long win streak last against shitty teams...all of sudden Adam Gase is a good coach :lol: :lol: :lol: ...look at schedule and not conference.


First off, my ass you read a schedule before you posted. Second off, Adam Gase is a damn good coach and he could have had his pick of jobs last year. He went to Miami and won ten games.

As for their schedule, let's say they get swept by the Pats and lose to the Falcons. From there, I see them sweeping the Jets and the Bills for four wins. Then they play a last-place Chargers team, a Saints team away from their dome, a beatable Titans team at home, and what's shaping up to be the worst Ravens team in a decade. That's eight. Between the Bucs, Panthers, Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos, yeah, I think they can go 1-4 or 2-3 to get to 9/10 wins.

But again...more thought than you've given anything in your life.


With Cutler at QB....that drink must really strong. :lol: :lol:

Pass the courvosier....he won 10 games just look at the teams he beat ....
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Meh, I don't think Miami will reach 9 wins this season.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 pm

I think they fall to a 6-10 type year. Cutler is gonna lose them some games.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby terrytate » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:43 pm

AS to Cutler, the Phins were in a bind and could have done a lot worse. He played some of his best football under Adam Gase. He knows his system and can walk right in and run it, unlike a Kaepernick. There is plenty of talent around him and unlike in ChiTown, he's got a Laremy Tunsil guarding him. Is it ideal, no. It beats the hell out of spending a first round pick on Sam Bradford though. Lastly, going into the season with Matt Moore starting is like calling in sick on the year.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Cheb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Are you kidding me?? Luke Kuechly isn't strong at the POA?? That's a huge joke and further proof that you guys are just hating because he plays for the Panthers. And it confirms to me that you don't know football what so ever. Similar size but Ruud doesn't compare when it comes to speed agility, athletic ability.

Name me a LB that doesn't want to be kept clean. Ray Lewis campaigned for years for the Ravens to get guys who could keep him clean. You're going to tell me he wasn't that good either?? You put Ruud on the Panthers, we're talking about a mediocre defense at best. Put Kuechly here, he's still a star. Players of his caliber don't come around often. The Panthers recognized that. The league recognizes that. Most average fans recognize that. Idiot Bucs fans who can't get past skin color and "similar size" cannot recognize that.



Cheb summed it up. Every word there is true.



Didn't say he sucked, I said he was overrated. He is. He's great in coverage and running sideline to sideline but he IS weak at the point of attack. Because Cheb disagreed so strongly, I went and watched every highlight on Klicky I could find. You just don't see him shedding blocks to make the stop. He busts up passes, he runs down and drags guys to the ground. He does not blow people up in the hole. Again, as I said, I first noticed this because Erik Lorig destroyed him every time he got a hat on him.

Luke is good, I'd be happy to have him on my team. But the talk of him being a generational guy, like Lewis, Urlacher or even Willis? No sir.


My dude, you are totally off base here. Luke is a ****ing stud.

But lets zoom out for a second and back off the man himself here, and take a look at the larger picture.

Your issue is what, that Luke doesn't destroy blockers that catch him clean and square with momentum and usually a weight advantage? You must not have liked every linebacker who ever played ball.

Here's the thing with your theoretical run thumper. A linebacker with the kind of power to take on a base block from a lineman or fullback without the advantage of angles or quickness or making a pile or submarining the blocker or using his speed to avoid him completely... well, that linebacker IS NOT a linebacker. A dude that strong likely can't flow to the ball, probably gets caught up in trash very easily, undoubtedly doesn't have the feet to avoid cuts, and can't move in coverage (zone or man). You are asking a linebacker to do a defensive ends' job, maybe even a tackles'. And while an end could do that one thing better than a backer, he will miserably suck at everything else.

There is a reason that middle linebackers are taught, as soon as they recognize iso blocks on them, to engage the fullback as deep in the backfield as possible. Yes, it disrupts the timing of the runner and yes, aggression is an all-encompassing philosophy. Yet, a very real but seldom mentioned reason they do just that is because most defensive coordinators know that if you let a fullback have a clean shot on your linebacker, square and low and mean, and your backer is just sitting there waiting to catch the block, that linebacker will lose 9.8 times out of 10. That holds true throughout history, regardless of players associated. Ray Lewis struggled with that assignment. So did Lambert and Butkis and Singletary and Seau and Urlacher and Willis. Not because they suck, but because the blocker has every advantage that matters. Stacking and shedding emphasizes the shedding aspect, because stonewalling the blocker is rather unlikely.

Now let's zoom back in to our man in Carolina. He has played five excellent seasons, and has won every single individual award a defender can win. He is good in every phase. He may not have many "jacked up" hits, but that's just sizzle, and Kuechly serves steak. He isn't an overhyped flash-in-the-pan, he is perhaps the best linebacker on the field today.

Don't just take my word for it. Hear it from his peers:

Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby terrytate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:50 am

Cheb wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Didn't say he sucked, I said he was overrated. He is. He's great in coverage and running sideline to sideline but he IS weak at the point of attack. Because Cheb disagreed so strongly, I went and watched every highlight on Klicky I could find. You just don't see him shedding blocks to make the stop. He busts up passes, he runs down and drags guys to the ground. He does not blow people up in the hole. Again, as I said, I first noticed this because Erik Lorig destroyed him every time he got a hat on him.

Luke is good, I'd be happy to have him on my team. But the talk of him being a generational guy, like Lewis, Urlacher or even Willis? No sir.


My dude, you are totally off base here. Luke is a ****ing stud.

But lets zoom out for a second and back off the man himself here, and take a look at the larger picture.

Your issue is what, that Luke doesn't destroy blockers that catch him clean and square with momentum and usually a weight advantage? You must not have liked every linebacker who ever played ball.


Here's the thing with your theoretical run thumper. A linebacker with the kind of power to take on a base block from a lineman or fullback without the advantage of angles or quickness or making a pile or submarining the blocker or using his speed to avoid him completely... well, that linebacker IS NOT a linebacker. A dude that strong likely can't flow to the ball, probably gets caught up in trash very easily, undoubtedly doesn't have the feet to avoid cuts, and can't move in coverage (zone or man). You are asking a linebacker to do a defensive ends' job, maybe even a tackles'. And while an end could do that one thing better than a backer, he will miserably suck at everything else.

There is a reason that middle linebackers are taught, as soon as they recognize iso blocks on them, to engage the fullback as deep in the backfield as possible. Yes, it disrupts the timing of the runner and yes, aggression is an all-encompassing philosophy. Yet, a very real but seldom mentioned reason they do just that is because most defensive coordinators know that if you let a fullback have a clean shot on your linebacker, square and low and mean, and your backer is just sitting there waiting to catch the block, that linebacker will lose 9.8 times out of 10. That holds true throughout history, regardless of players associated. Ray Lewis struggled with that assignment. So did Lambert and Butkis and Singletary and Seau and Urlacher and Willis. Not because they suck, but because the blocker has every advantage that matters. Stacking and shedding emphasizes the shedding aspect, because stonewalling the blocker is rather unlikely.

Now let's zoom back in to our man in Carolina. He has played five excellent seasons, and has won every single individual award a defender can win. He is good in every phase. He may not have many "jacked up" hits, but that's just sizzle, and Kuechly serves steak. He isn't an overhyped flash-in-the-pan, he is perhaps the best linebacker on the field today.

Don't just take my word for it. Hear it from his peers:




The highlighted bit is not quite what I meant. I laughed at Lorig ruining his day, sure, but I don't expect him to square up Olinemen or FB's with momentum and manhandle them. I do expect him to show the abilty to shed those blocks and blow up run plays and that's a thing i've never seen him do. The vast majority of the time, if a blocker gets near him, he stays blocked. I've never seen him hit the FB deep either. I've never seen him do anything aggressive in run support. Ray Lewis wasn't like that, neither were Urlacher, Butkis or Singletary. I've seen Ray Lewis blast the lead blocker behind the line a number of times and ruin plays. I've seen those guys slip right off blocks and make big stops, but not Kuelchy.

Perhaps that is because most of his games were against the Bucs, and either we ruined them like in the years when Martin was rolling...or their Dline just blew up our whole offense. Maybe their have been other games I didn't see where he did this things. Just watch when we play them again. See if he beats many blocks against our running game.
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:37 am

terrytate wrote:
Cheb wrote:
My dude, you are totally off base here. Luke is a ****ing stud.

But lets zoom out for a second and back off the man himself here, and take a look at the larger picture.

Your issue is what, that Luke doesn't destroy blockers that catch him clean and square with momentum and usually a weight advantage? You must not have liked every linebacker who ever played ball.


Here's the thing with your theoretical run thumper. A linebacker with the kind of power to take on a base block from a lineman or fullback without the advantage of angles or quickness or making a pile or submarining the blocker or using his speed to avoid him completely... well, that linebacker IS NOT a linebacker. A dude that strong likely can't flow to the ball, probably gets caught up in trash very easily, undoubtedly doesn't have the feet to avoid cuts, and can't move in coverage (zone or man). You are asking a linebacker to do a defensive ends' job, maybe even a tackles'. And while an end could do that one thing better than a backer, he will miserably suck at everything else.

There is a reason that middle linebackers are taught, as soon as they recognize iso blocks on them, to engage the fullback as deep in the backfield as possible. Yes, it disrupts the timing of the runner and yes, aggression is an all-encompassing philosophy. Yet, a very real but seldom mentioned reason they do just that is because most defensive coordinators know that if you let a fullback have a clean shot on your linebacker, square and low and mean, and your backer is just sitting there waiting to catch the block, that linebacker will lose 9.8 times out of 10. That holds true throughout history, regardless of players associated. Ray Lewis struggled with that assignment. So did Lambert and Butkis and Singletary and Seau and Urlacher and Willis. Not because they suck, but because the blocker has every advantage that matters. Stacking and shedding emphasizes the shedding aspect, because stonewalling the blocker is rather unlikely.

Now let's zoom back in to our man in Carolina. He has played five excellent seasons, and has won every single individual award a defender can win. He is good in every phase. He may not have many "jacked up" hits, but that's just sizzle, and Kuechly serves steak. He isn't an overhyped flash-in-the-pan, he is perhaps the best linebacker on the field today.

Don't just take my word for it. Hear it from his peers:




The highlighted bit is not quite what I meant. I laughed at Lorig ruining his day, sure, but I don't expect him to square up Olinemen or FB's with momentum and manhandle them. I do expect him to show the abilty to shed those blocks and blow up run plays and that's a thing i've never seen him do. The vast majority of the time, if a blocker gets near him, he stays blocked. I've never seen him hit the FB deep either. I've never seen him do anything aggressive in run support. Ray Lewis wasn't like that, neither were Urlacher, Butkis or Singletary. I've seen Ray Lewis blast the lead blocker behind the line a number of times and ruin plays. I've seen those guys slip right off blocks and make big stops, but not Kuelchy.

Perhaps that is because most of his games were against the Bucs, and either we ruined them like in the years when Martin was rolling...or their Dline just blew up our whole offense. Maybe their have been other games I didn't see where he did this things. Just watch when we play them again. See if he beats many blocks against our running game.


LBs don't generally shed blocks in the manner you're speaking. That's why they like staying clean. All of them. Every once in a while they will do so but it's never been the norm for ANY LB no matter how much you say otherwise. That's an immutable fact. If you don't think so they sorry to say you clearly have no idea as to what you're looking at. It would also mean you're no fan of any LB we've ever had in Tampa because NONE of them had or showed that ability.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby acmillis » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 am

Jarvis Landry being investigated for battery....

Very happy we get to play the phins in week 1!
acmillis
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:26 pm

acmillis wrote:Jarvis Landry being investigated for battery....

Very happy we get to play the phins in week 1!


Looks like a non-story. No arrest were made and the woman put out a statement today saying nothing physical ever happened.

Image
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:28 pm

good for her for publicly clearing the air
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby MJW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:44 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
First off, my ass you read a schedule before you posted. Second off, Adam Gase is a damn good coach and he could have had his pick of jobs last year. He went to Miami and won ten games.

As for their schedule, let's say they get swept by the Pats and lose to the Falcons. From there, I see them sweeping the Jets and the Bills for four wins. Then they play a last-place Chargers team, a Saints team away from their dome, a beatable Titans team at home, and what's shaping up to be the worst Ravens team in a decade. That's eight. Between the Bucs, Panthers, Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos, yeah, I think they can go 1-4 or 2-3 to get to 9/10 wins.

But again...more thought than you've given anything in your life.


With Cutler at QB....that drink must really strong. :lol: :lol:

Pass the courvosier....he won 10 games just look at the teams he beat ....


SMH. I've never seen anyone on the Bucs boards, from the old NFL Talk boards in the 90s, to the NFL.com boards in the early 2000s, to the Official board in the mid-2000s, to the tbay board in the 2010s, to this board, who understands less about what he doesn't understand. You are legendarily ignorant, kid.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6208
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Nano » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell
8/7/2017

8+7+2+0+1+7 = 25

Hard to believe that six months ago, the Falcons blew a 25-point lead.
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 5931
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby sanka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
With Cutler at QB....that drink must really strong. :lol: :lol:

Pass the courvosier....he won 10 games just look at the teams he beat ....


SMH. I've never seen anyone on the Bucs boards, from the old NFL Talk boards in the 90s, to the NFL.com boards in the early 2000s, to the Official board in the mid-2000s, to the tbay board in the 2010s, to this board, who understands less about what he doesn't understand. You are legendarily ignorant, kid.


Remember when Stephen A. Smith will say Rashooooo Nesteroviccccccccc....that is the same way I feel about Cutler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Face the facts mama....the only stats you should be worried about is how many picks will the Bucs have against Cutler...

Ok, why don't we make a wager then? In Bucbabeland's thread?
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 am

Nano wrote:
Darren Rovell @darrenrovell
8/7/2017

8+7+2+0+1+7 = 25

Hard to believe that six months ago, the Falcons blew a 25-point lead.


Ha!!! It never gets old.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 5718
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby MJW » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:08 am

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
SMH. I've never seen anyone on the Bucs boards, from the old NFL Talk boards in the 90s, to the NFL.com boards in the early 2000s, to the Official board in the mid-2000s, to the tbay board in the 2010s, to this board, who understands less about what he doesn't understand. You are legendarily ignorant, kid.


Remember when Stephen A. Smith will say Rashooooo Nesteroviccccccccc....that is the same way I feel about Cutler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Face the facts mama....the only stats you should be worried about is how many picks will the Bucs have against Cutler...

Ok, why don't we make a wager then? In Bucbabeland's thread?


I don't watch Stephen A. Smith because I'm not mentally handicapped.

And I'm not "worried" about stats. Collecting and extrapolating information isn't "worrying."

BTW, when Cutler played for Gase in 2015, he threw an INT on 2.3% of his passes. For contrast, Tannehill has thrown INTs on 2.5% of his career passes. Winston has thrown an INT on 2.9% of his career passes. It's entirely possible that Cutler, working with Gase, will manage the ball reasonably well.

Morons like you listen to hot takes from bigger morons like Stephen A. Smith and read NFL memes and use that as a substitute for actual thinking.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6208
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby sanka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:33 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
Remember when Stephen A. Smith will say Rashooooo Nesteroviccccccccc....that is the same way I feel about Cutler :lol: :lol: :lol:

Face the facts mama....the only stats you should be worried about is how many picks will the Bucs have against Cutler...

Ok, why don't we make a wager then? In Bucbabeland's thread?


I don't watch Stephen A. Smith because I'm not mentally handicapped.

And I'm not "worried" about stats. Collecting and extrapolating information isn't "worrying."

BTW, when Cutler played for Gase in 2015, he threw an INT on 2.3% of his passes. For contrast, Tannehill has thrown INTs on 2.5% of his career passes. Winston has thrown an INT on 2.9% of his career passes. It's entirely possible that Cutler, working with Gase, will manage the ball reasonably well.

Morons like you listen to hot takes from bigger morons like Stephen A. Smith and read NFL memes and use that as a substitute for actual thinking.


Ok lets make a bet on who throws more int this season..Winston or Cutler...you can't coach talent ...I don't watch SAS ..I was just making a reference :lol:

C'mon lets make a bet like we did about Winston's int in 2015...
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Super K » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:38 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
I don't watch Stephen A. Smith because I'm not mentally handicapped.

And I'm not "worried" about stats. Collecting and extrapolating information isn't "worrying."

BTW, when Cutler played for Gase in 2015, he threw an INT on 2.3% of his passes. For contrast, Tannehill has thrown INTs on 2.5% of his career passes. Winston has thrown an INT on 2.9% of his career passes. It's entirely possible that Cutler, working with Gase, will manage the ball reasonably well.

Morons like you listen to hot takes from bigger morons like Stephen A. Smith and read NFL memes and use that as a substitute for actual thinking.


Ok lets make a bet on who throws more int this season..Winston or Cutler...you can't coach talent ...I don't watch SAS ..I was just making a reference :lol:

C'mon lets make a bet like we did about Winston's int in 2015...


Didnt you lose that bet in 2015?
Super K
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Super K wrote:
sanka wrote:
Ok lets make a bet on who throws more int this season..Winston or Cutler...you can't coach talent ...I don't watch SAS ..I was just making a reference :lol:

C'mon lets make a bet like we did about Winston's int in 2015...


Didnt you lose that bet in 2015?


Yes he did, to me. Which he welched on.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:
Didnt you lose that bet in 2015?


Yes he did, to me. Which he welched on.


Image

sanka, you ****ing disgust me
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby sanka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Super K wrote:
sanka wrote:
Ok lets make a bet on who throws more int this season..Winston or Cutler...you can't coach talent ...I don't watch SAS ..I was just making a reference :lol:

C'mon lets make a bet like we did about Winston's int in 2015...


Didnt you lose that bet in 2015?


Yea I lost to Dread but won against Mary Jane. :D
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby sanka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Yes he did, to me. Which he welched on.


Image

sanka, you ****ing disgust me


We all agreed to let bygones be bygones ... :buttred:
Last edited by sanka on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Nano » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Marvin Lewis has a blood clot in leg and may not coach on Thursday
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 5931
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby MJW » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:17 am

Devonta Freeman got paid. Falcons locked him up through 2020, and he's now the highest paid RB in the league.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6208
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Buc2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:33 am

MJW wrote:Devonta Freeman got paid. Falcons locked him up through 2020, and he's now the highest paid RB in the league.

Here's hoping he matches Doug Martin's post-paid season.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am

MJW wrote:Devonta Freeman got paid. Falcons locked him up through 2020, and he's now the highest paid RB in the league.



Details on #Falcons RB Devonta Freeman's new 5-year, $41.25M extension: He gets $22M in guarantees. $26M over three years. $15M to sign.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Nano » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Jeremy Zuttah released
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 5931
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 am

Throwback Thursday...

Image
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Doctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 am

Someone remind me again how RBs don't deserve money because they are a dime a dozen?

Darn shame about Freeman, was really hoping he'd hit the market and be an option for us if Martin sucked again.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 am

Doctor wrote:Someone remind me again how RBs don't deserve money because they are a dime a dozen?

Darn shame about Freeman, was really hoping he'd hit the market and be an option for us if Martin sucked again.


Why would Atlanta even consider letting him walk
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 am

Doctor wrote:Someone remind me again how RBs don't deserve money because they are a dime a dozen?

Darn shame about Freeman, was really hoping he'd hit the market and be an option for us if Martin sucked again.


Well, him being the highest paid RB at 8.25M per year is almost embarrassing. I mean, Cutler just came out of retirement, well into training camp, and not exactly being a top-tier QB and got 10M. I believe this is the lowest salary for a "highest paid player" for any starting position besides K and P*. It's impossible to pick a "least important" position but Travis Frederick, a C, makes 9.4M.

*Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 10 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agent Orange, BacksidePursuit, Baidu [Spider], BayAreaBucFan25, billsfan1212, Bing [Bot], Bootz2004, Heidguy, ImAWalkingCorpse, JameisLives, PlinkoBuccaneer, Rocker, Super K, Zarniwoop and 16 guests