***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Detroit Lions will have 4 new uniforms combination and throwback next season.

They'll unveil new uniform on April 13th

New logo and fonts
Phantom Phenom

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 NFL Offseason thread***

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Detroit Lions will have 4 new uniforms combination and throwback next season.

They'll unveil new uniform on April 13th

New logo and fonts

The only question: Will the Lions win their 1st playoff game in 25 years in 2017?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Nano » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Where in the world will Colin Kaepernick go?
Nano

Postby NBA Live 95 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 pm

But it's not the offseason yet...

/thatguy
NBA Live 95

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Schaub, Cousins, Garoppolo on Shanahan's wishlist
Phantom Phenom

Postby Nano » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Time to start the hunt anew.

Nano

Postby Nano » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:24 pm

The 49ers have officially hired Kyle Shanahan as their HC.
Nano

Postby Nano » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Falcons hire Steve Sarkisian as their OC. He's expected to teach the fanbase the proper way to drink yourself into oblivion.
Nano

Postby NBA Live 95 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Nano wrote:Falcons hire Steve Sarkisian as their OC. He's expected to teach the fanbase the proper way to drink yourself into oblivion.

The Bucs have had me drinking myself to oblivion for the last decade. It's time the fine "fans" in this city get on my level.
NBA Live 95

Postby MJW » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Nano wrote:Time to start the hunt anew.

I absolutely love the idea of all the bitchy sportswriters spending two weeks in arctic Minneapolis in February.
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:48 am

I assume it's no coincidence that that logo looks like an iceberg?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby SIBucsFan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 am

Buc2 wrote:

I assume it's no coincidence that that logo looks like an iceberg?

Well, it's shaped like their stadium, which I guess is supposed to be shaped like an iceberg?

Also, and this may be due to the fact that it's the newest one, but I don't think there is a better looking stadium on the inside than theirs.
SIBucsFan

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:14 am

SIBucsFan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I assume it's no coincidence that that logo looks like an iceberg?

Well, it's shaped like their stadium, which I guess is supposed to be shaped like an iceberg?

Ah yes! I forgot about their new stadium that looks like a Jawa sandcrawler.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:15 am

More Glennon chatter...

The San Francisco 49ers have a ton of cap space money at their disposal this spring, and plenty of holes to fill. There are going to be high profile players available, and I would not be surprised if the 49ers make a play for one or two of them. However, in building this team for the long haul, I would like to think the team will take their time and look for long-term plays, rather than just throw cap space at the big names.

A lot of teams have a lot of cap space, so even under-the-radar guys could prove expensive, but nuance would be a good approach to this year’s free agency. The 49ers are not going to be competing for a championship in 2017, so patience will be the name of the game in some manner.

Bleacher Report NFL analyst Brent Sobleski put together a look at ten of the most underrated names set to hit the open market.

1. NT Brandon Williams
2. CB Micah Hyde
3. CB Logan Ryan
4. DE Karl Klug
5. LB Lorenzo Alexander
6. S Duron Harmon
7. WR Robert Woods
8. TE Mychal Rivera
9. OT Austin Pasztor
10. QB Mike Glennon

Obviously not all of these positions are areas the 49ers will heavily invest in this offseason, but there are plenty of areas for improvement. Glennon is an intriguing name at quarterback. We have heard plenty about the Jimmy Garoppolo’s and Kirk Cousins of the world. And of course, Jay Cutler has been thrown in the mix.

But if the 49ers do not find a veteran they are prepared to invest in as a cornerstone player, Glennon could make some sense. If they draft a rookie to groom, or decide to wait until next year, Glennon could be an adequate guy to bridge to the future. Guys like Glennon and Brian Hoyer are not long-term solutions, but they are adequate enough to buy time while the team finds more significant options.

We’ll be going through free agent position rankings in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, who are some of the under-the-radar free agents you’ll be keeping an eye on?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby SIBucsFan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:19 am

Speaking of stadiums, it's kind of crazy to think that RJS is now the 12th oldest stadium in the league now that the Georgia Dome is set to be demolished this off-season.

This includes the Coliseum the Rams play in (set to have a new stadium in 2019), and the Raiders' current stadium, which one would guess they will replace in the near future either by construction or relocation.
SIBucsFan

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:33 am

SIBucsFan wrote:Speaking of stadiums, it's kind of crazy to think that RJS is now the 12th oldest stadium in the league now that the Georgia Dome is set to be demolished this off-season.

This includes the Coliseum the Rams play in (set to have a new stadium in 2019), and the Raiders' current stadium, which one would guess they will replace in the near future either by construction or relocation.

That is crazy. But I don't see any reason to tear RJS down either. I think it still holds up well with today's stadiums.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 am

SIBucsFan wrote:Speaking of stadiums, it's kind of crazy to think that RJS is now the 12th oldest stadium in the league now that the Georgia Dome is set to be demolished this off-season.

Yep. But it's still in the top 10 of best stadiums in the league IMO. We still offer the most unique landmark of any stadium, that being the pirate ship.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:09 pm

The Browns have 105 mil in cap space after cutting McCown and Williams
Nano

Postby Mex-Buc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Nano wrote:The Browns have 105 mil in cap space after cutting McCown and Williams

It's time for this guy to go to work..

Mex-Buc

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 am

Mex-Buc wrote:
Nano wrote:The Browns have 105 mil in cap space after cutting McCown and Williams

It's time for this guy to go to work..

Don't think he does horror films
Noles1724

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

We could make a thread just for this....but I'll start it here.

What do ya'll think happens with Tony Romo?

I think Houston makes the most sense, but I don't know if that'll work with how much they have committed to Osweiler this year.

Houston, Denver, KC, NYJ all seem like the most logical landing spots.

Or do you think there's some way the Cowboys keep him? Yes, they'd be paying a backup $20M+ or whatever he's due this year, but they're also paying their starter less 4th round rookie money.
pewterpirates

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

pewterpirates wrote:We could make a thread just for this....but I'll start it here.

I think Houston makes the most sense, but I don't know if that'll work with how much they have committed to Osweiler this year.

Or do you think there's some way the Cowboys keep him? Yes, they'd be paying a backup $20M+ or whatever he's due this year, but they're also paying their starter less 4th round rookie money.

KC? Not a chance. Houston? Not a chance. Also Dallas isn't keeping him. Economically it's stupid to do so. They're over the cap now. He's gone. Jets, Broncos, Bears.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm

This is an interesting FA QB class overall. Romo, Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, Glennon, Cutler, ect.

Good year if you want to draft a QB and sit him.
Nano

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:We could make a thread just for this....but I'll start it here.

KC? Not a chance. Houston? Not a chance. Also Dallas isn't keeping him. Economically it's stupid to do so. They're over the cap now. He's gone. Jets, Broncos, Bears.

I live near Dallas and suffer through Cowboys talk on sports radio all the time. Most signs according to people close to Romo and the Cowboys are saying Houston is the top landing spot. So "not a chance" probably isn't the best way to break that down. Obviously things would have to change at least a little with Romo's deal, but the Texans can get rid of Osweiler next offseason without any cap penalty, so it's not impossible.
pewterpirates

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:02 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I live near Dallas and suffer through Cowboys talk on sports radio all the time. Most signs according to people close to Romo and the Cowboys are saying Houston is the top landing spot. So "not a chance" probably isn't the best way to break that down. Obviously things would have to change at least a little with Romo's deal, but the Texans can get rid of Osweiler next offseason without any cap penalty, so it's not impossible.

A little? Osweiler is getting a fully guaranteed $19mil next season. You're gonna bring in another QB who's current cap # is $24.7mil. He's going to have to drop tremendously. Won't happen enough for it to make sense for Houston. 2018 is irrelevant. At that point you're talking about 38 year old Tony Romo. So like I said NOT A CHANCE.
Bootz2004

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:

A little? Osweiler is getting a fully guaranteed $19mil next season. You're gonna bring in another QB who's current cap # is $24.7mil. He's going to have to drop tremendously. Won't happen enough for it to make sense for Houston. 2018 is irrelevant. At that point you're talking about 38 year old Tony Romo. So like I said NOT A CHANCE.

pewterpirates

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Nano wrote:This is an interesting FA QB class overall. Romo, Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, Glennon, Cutler, ect.

Good year if you want to draft a QB and sit him.

If I'm Mike Glennon this is worse case scenario. He already had a minimal market as it was. Now with some many potential QBs becoming available that goes down even more. I think the most likely scenario is we re-sign him for a nice contract. Maybe $2-$5mil a year.
Bootz2004

Postby sanka » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm

‪Seahawks have signed former Vikings K Blair Walsh, per @FieldYates.‬ Steve Hauschka is a free agent.

Bucs need to sign this guy
sanka

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

sanka wrote:‪Seahawks have signed former Vikings K Blair Walsh, per @FieldYates.‬ Steve Hauschka is a free agent.

Bucs need to sign this guy

He missed the same number of total kicks as Aguayo did last season (11). What's more disturbing though is Hauschka missed a whopping 7 XPs. Not much of an upgrade if at all.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Chiefs GM John Dorsey says the team has had "positive conversations" with free agent Eric Berry.
Specifically, Berry's agent. Berry has made it known in no uncertain terms that he will not play under the franchise tag again in 2017, going as far as to say he will sit out the season. The Chiefs, meanwhile, have gone to great pains to insist they want to lock him up. A deal should get done before the start of free agency on March 9.
Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter Feb 9 - 2:18 PM
Phantom Phenom

Next

Return to Team Discussions