Adrian Peterson interested in Bucs

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Adrian Peterson interested in Bucs

Postby Fiasco » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Super K wrote:
MJW wrote:
I find it odd that we've denigrated Doug THIS much in a year.

The suspension was incredibly stupid, and the way it was handled (by him and the team) was embarrassing. Okay. That said, JAB was suspended four games. Kwon was suspended four games. Akeem Spence got a game in 2015. Nobody cared much. There was a little, "Oh, crap" with Kwon, but 99% of the talk about him is about how good he was when he played, and how we're already worried we might not be able to pay him in two years.

As for his crap play last year, all our backs looked like crap, except Quizz. Our run blocking sucked. Left guard was a black hole. Hawley was Hawley. Dotson regressed IMHO. I don't think Doug forgot how to play any more than I think Sims forgot how to play.

Doug has sucked 3 out of 5 years..

THIS was the year for him to show that his bad years were the flukes, not the good ones.. instead he underwhelms (again), gets hurt (again) and gets himself suspended..

And Quizz and did perform better..Much better in fact..This after we signed him off his couch and he had to put down his PS4 and/or Cheetos..

**** him..Time to move on..

How the **** can you say he sucked 3/5 years when he was hurt those other two years. Injuries Freakin happen. That doesn't automatically mean a player sucks because he can't play. Jesus, you are annoying to read. Don't jump on his nut sack when he starts doing good and then pound the "**** him" drum when he gets hurt.
Fiasco

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Fiasco wrote:
Super K wrote:
Doug has sucked 3 out of 5 years..

THIS was the year for him to show that his bad years were the flukes, not the good ones.. instead he underwhelms (again), gets hurt (again) and gets himself suspended..

And Quizz and did perform better..Much better in fact..This after we signed him off his couch and he had to put down his PS4 and/or Cheetos..

**** him..Time to move on..

How the **** can you say he sucked 3/5 years when he was hurt those other two years. Injuries Freakin happen. That doesn't automatically mean a player sucks because he can't play. Jesus, you are annoying to read. Don't jump on his nut sack when he starts doing good and then pound the "**** him" drum when he gets hurt.

In a run first offense, our starting RB not being able to play chunks of the season 3/5 years because of injury is a pretty big freaking deal..If he's on the roster in 2017 it'll be 4 out of 6 (albeit for a different reason)..

In these 3 injury riddled years, how did he perform? Or are we supposed to give him a pass on both missing games AND playing poorly in the ones he participated in because of his injuries?..

And you're damn right I can cheer when a player does well and then bitch when they don't..It's called being a fan..I'm not the guys coach or teammate..And I'm not related to the dude..

Lastly, if I'm that annoying to read, just move onto the next post chief..It ain't that hard..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm with you in regards to Doug and AP Super K. This season is too important to hinge it on the gamble that either of those two can perform for a full season.

So if you're not about Cook, who do you want us to have as our lead back?

For me it's either Cook at 19, or pray one of Mixon/Foreman/Kamara fall to our 2nd.
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I'm with you in regards to Doug and AP Super K. This season is too important to hinge it on the gamble that either of those two can perform for a full season.

For me it's either Cook at 19, or pray one of Mixon/Foreman/Kamara fall to our 2nd.

2 later round guys I'd be pumped about taking would be Perine or Mack.

Like MB, I'd prefer us have more of a hammer at RB..A runner whom is capable of giving us a chunk run, but also adept in short yardage..Hence my affinity for Perine...I love his feet, his lean while running and running style..

If we do want more big play/explosive play ability, then I'm good with Mack (who was at OBP for a visit today btw)..

Adding Mack would give us a skillset similar to DC4, but at a much lower cost, allowing us to take a more talented player at #19...

I love Cook, as should be expected since I'm one of the resident Nole homers..But there is/was something up with him this year...Something off..Last year at this time I would've been on the Cook train..
Super K

Postby Heisenberg » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:STILL debating which is the prettier pig Doug or AD..

Let it go fellas..

I find it odd that we've denigrated Doug THIS much in a year.

The suspension was incredibly stupid, and the way it was handled (by him and the team) was embarrassing. Okay. That said, JAB was suspended four games. Kwon was suspended four games. Akeem Spence got a game in 2015. Nobody cared much. There was a little, "Oh, crap" with Kwon, but 99% of the talk about him is about how good he was when he played, and how we're already worried we might not be able to pay him in two years.

As for his crap play last year, all our backs looked like crap, except Quizz. Our run blocking sucked. Left guard was a black hole. Hawley was Hawley. Dotson regressed IMHO. I don't think Doug forgot how to play any more than I think Sims forgot how to play.

Ya I don't get it.. Doug's our best bet going into the season.. No need to drop him or trade him for peanuts.. Especially when he's by far our best back. I'd much rather have him and sims than sims/quizz and rookie.
Heisenberg

Postby threadkiller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Doug is no bet going into the season. He can't play the first quarter of it.
threadkiller

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm with you in regards to Doug and AP Super K. This season is too important to hinge it on the gamble that either of those two can perform for a full season.

Like MB, I'd prefer us have more of a hammer at RB..A runner whom is capable of giving us a chunk run, but also adept in short yardage..Hence my affinity for Perine...I love his feet, his lean while running and running style..

If we do want more big play/explosive play ability, then I'm good with Mack (who was at OBP for a visit today btw)..

Adding Mack would give us a skillset similar to DC4, but at a much lower cost, allowing us to take a more talented player at #19...

I love Cook, as should be expected since I'm one of the resident Nole homers..But there is/was something up with him this year...Something off..Last year at this time I would've been on the Cook train..

Can Mack run inside like Cook though? Mack to me is another Sims type. I fine #2, but not a true every down and distance type of back.

Perine I'm a fan of as well. But ultimately I want a guy who can not only run inside, but take it outside and hit home runs, and do the job not only on 1st and 2nd down, but 3rd down as well. Cook is one of only a handful of guys in this draft with that all around ability, and I'm not sure any of the other ones will even make it to pick 50.

For me.
real bucs fan

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Super K wrote:STILL debating which is the prettier pig Doug or AD..

Let it go fellas..

Though I am in the Peterson camp, I have to trust that all these teams are seeing something that we don't. I'm still willing to bet that he some left in the tank, but that's just because I've learned not to bet against that dude.
theBKwhopper

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:44 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:

Can Mack run inside like Cook though? Mack to me is another Sims type. I fine #2, but not a true every down and distance type of back.

Perine I'm a fan of as well. But ultimately I want a guy who can not only run inside, but take it outside and hit home runs, and do the job not only on 1st and 2nd down, but 3rd down as well. Cook is one of only a handful of guys in this draft with that all around ability, and I'm not sure any of the other ones will even make it to pick 50.

For me.

You're correct, Mack definitely isn't the inside runner Cook has shown to be, although I don't think Cook is really as adept at it..not to the level we need at least..

End of the day, Perine is still the guy I want..

But if we take Cook I'll accept and support it..And not "just" because he's a Nole, but because he'll be a BUC..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

For me.

You're correct, Mack definitely isn't the inside runner Cook has shown to be, although I don't think Cook is really as adept at it..not to the level we need at least..

But if we take Cook I'll accept and support it..And not "just" because he's a Nole, but because he'll be a BUC..

Would you be content with Perine in round 2? Don't think he makes it to our 3rd and can't gamble and miss him.
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:06 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:

Would you be content with Perine in round 2? Don't think he makes it to our 3rd and can't gamble and miss him.

The only way I'd want him in round 2 is if we trade back in for a 2nd selection..

Everything I've read has him as a 3-4 round prospect..and this is after the combine..But if Licht/DK like him, go get him..
Super K

Postby threadkiller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 pm

I went and watched a few Perine cut ups and no ****ing way to 2nd or 3rd round. I liked him ok though. He is not in Mixon's class. Perine might be a good 1st and 2nd down back behind a good line, but he looks like a limited runner/prospect to me. He is the kind of back you can get UDFA, imo. A hammer on short yardage and goal line. I did not see quick/nimble feet or exceptional power. His blocking technique was nonexistent, but he made a couple nice run blocks for Mixon on effort. He had a bad ass stiff arm in the 16 Auburn game.

I would definitely want us to sign AP if we drafted Perine (late).
threadkiller

Postby terrytate » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:12 am

We aren't getting AD. That is a mortal lock and on that alone this thread can die.

We will be fine. I think we keep Martin. He's under contract, his cap hit isn't exorbitant, he isn't that old and doesn't have a lot of miles on him and with improved blocking I think he can get it done. The caveat is that we are all but guaranteed to draft insurance and his likely replacement down the road. Maybe it's Cook in the first round, maybe it's Perine in a later one, we are getting another back that can carry the load. We won't live or die by Martin's health. Assuming Sweezy does come back this year, we should get the line we thought we had last year. Desean and Evans will stop teams from stacking the box. A rook and Quizz can handle the running should Martin get injured/suspended/go on a Mormon mission.

To quote the current cheesehead king, RELAX.
terrytate

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:39 am

terrytate wrote:We aren't getting AD. That is a mortal lock and on that alone this thread can die.

We will be fine. I think we keep Martin. He's under contract, his cap hit isn't exorbitant, he isn't that old and doesn't have a lot of miles on him and with improved blocking I think he can get it done. The caveat is that we are all but guaranteed to draft insurance and his likely replacement down the road. Maybe it's Cook in the first round, maybe it's Perine in a later one, we are getting another back that can carry the load. We won't live or die by Martin's health. Assuming Sweezy does come back this year, we should get the line we thought we had last year. Desean and Evans will stop teams from stacking the box. A rook and Quizz can handle the running should Martin get injured/suspended/go on a Mormon mission.

To quote the current cheesehead king, RELAX.

We have looked at Brian Hill, Kareem Hunt, and Marlon Mack - my guess is it was to see how they compare to what we got right now. I think its plum crazy the amount of Buc fans that can only think RB/WR, its like a broken record. We have the chance to improve our secondary a lot and most arent even willing to entertain the thought because it interferes with some shortsighted plan they have. Fast forward to the next few years when the sample of talent is few, then we are looking at bigger projects that we could only hope to have them get good enough to challenge our current group of starters. We let our 2nd leading tackler go who just happened to make more plays then our 1st round draft pick. Go figure? Hey! We gotta have experience, lets resign Conte.

We'll be alright cuz we sat our other rookie the whole friggin year and now we can see what he has to offer! Its like a surprise, ohh goodie! I love surprises...

Ohh, I forgot Tandy, who played like a man who wanted to show the big dogs he wasnt ready to pack it in.

For 12 years we've looked for a double digit sack man, Atlanta happens to have the same problem BAM they get one - hey dont worry we just signed a UDFA superstar defensive tackle, we will be fine...

Its the thought process! It wasnt about how woefully lacking we were, nnnnnooooooooooo, it was how great Dallas was.

Hey! We need to get like them. Sounds great. Lets do it...
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:52 am

We got our franchise quarterback??? and still on any given day anybody in our division has a hopeful chance of beating us and its because we have a defense, a hope to limit the damage defense or a qb that has this innate ability to crap on himself if the defenses we face are willing to make it happen.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:12 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:
Judging by his comments in my mock, not at all.

I think MBs comment was tongue in cheek...

I've been on the "No to Cook" band wagon for some time now..

That being said, if I was a betting man, my money's on Cook to be our 1st round pick..

Didn't you also say that they should trade up to get him?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 am

MJW wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
??

Seems like OBP could have been more proactive in dealing with him and the looming suspension, and could have done a better job collecting and responding to the information. It should be a two-game suspension right now.

Without being privy to how everything went down, this is mere speculation. The defense would object and the judge would sustain the objection. :)
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:

I think MBs comment was tongue in cheek...

I've been on the "No to Cook" band wagon for some time now..

That being said, if I was a betting man, my money's on Cook to be our 1st round pick..

Didn't you also say that they should trade up to get him?

No..I said I wouldn't be surprised if we did..Not that I want us to..

What I want us to do and what I think we are going to do are different..

I don't want to draft Cook..At all..

But I think we will..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:36 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Would you be content with Perine in round 2? Don't think he makes it to our 3rd and can't gamble and miss him.

The only way I'd want him in round 2 is if we trade back in for a 2nd selection..

Everything I've read has him as a 3-4 round prospect..and this is after the combine..But if Licht/DK like him, go get him..

I think he's the 7th or 8th RB off the board, so will be interesting to see where he goes, I think Perine ultimately goes early round 3 before our pick.
real bucs fan

Postby threadkiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 am

I just went through the last five drafts and in none of them was the seventh running back taken before our pick in the third round. Two of the five years, the seventh back came off the board in the fourth round. I'd be mildly interested to learn the last NFL draft that had more than 6 RB drafted before where we select in the 3rd.

*Cut it off 1 year too short. The 7th back was drafted with the 9th pick in the 3rd round in '11.
threadkiller

Postby Naismith » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:20 am

I think Perine goes day three and wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 6th round. The scouting reports I've read say he's likely going to be a committee back and needs to commit to being a power back, which he doesn't currently do. The comparison a few of them liked was Mike Tolbert.
Naismith

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:22 am

threadkiller wrote:I just went through the last five drafts and in none of them was the seventh running back taken before our pick in the third round. Two of the five years, the seventh back came off the board in the fourth round. I'd be mildly interested to learn the last NFL draft that had more than 6 RB drafted before where we select in the 3rd.

*Cut it off 1 year too short. The 7th back was drafted with the 9th pick in the 3rd round in '11.

This is a special running back class in case you weren't aware.
real bucs fan

Postby threadkiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 am

Tolbert had niftier feet early in his pro career, imo (didn't see Tolbert in college), but that seems pretty fair. I only saw Perine catch a few swing passes, and only run outlet type routes. For a big back, I was disappointed in his pass blocking. I was thinking 5th/6th watching his tape.
threadkiller

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am

Naismith wrote:I think Perine goes day three and wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 6th round. The scouting reports I've read say he's likely going to be a committee back and needs to commit to being a power back, which he doesn't currently do. The comparison a few of them liked was Mike Tolbert.

Mike Mayock has him ranked 5th among RBs, and most have him top 10, so I'd be very surprised about that.
real bucs fan

Postby threadkiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 am

real bucs fan wrote:
threadkiller wrote:I just went through the last five drafts and in none of them was the seventh running back taken before our pick in the third round. Two of the five years, the seventh back came off the board in the fourth round. I'd be mildly interested to learn the last NFL draft that had more than 6 RB drafted before where we select in the 3rd.

Well then wouldn't that hypothetically push "X" running back prospect in this class down the board? So you are saying a somewhat devalued Perine is a late 2/early 3?
threadkiller

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:57 am

threadkiller wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Well then wouldn't that hypothetically push "X" running back prospect in this class down the board? So you are saying a somewhat devalued Perine is a late 2/early 3?

Perine is part of the reason the class is special. Guy is one of the most physical backs to enter the league in years. Dude broke records. I think folks are sleeping on him as they are viewing him as "that other back from Oklahoma", but I think NFL teams are very aware of Perine as a talent. I think he's locked in as a Day 2 guy.
real bucs fan

Postby Naismith » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:00 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Naismith wrote:I think Perine goes day three and wouldn't be surprised if it's in the 6th round. The scouting reports I've read say he's likely going to be a committee back and needs to commit to being a power back, which he doesn't currently do. The comparison a few of them liked was Mike Tolbert.

Mike Mayock has him ranked 5th among RBs, and most have him top 10, so I'd be very surprised about that.

I think you could both be a top ten RB and a day three pick.
Naismith

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am

No way people are talking about Samaje Perine as being special. No way that's happening.
Bootz2004

Postby threadkiller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 am

real bucs fan wrote:
threadkiller wrote:

Perine is part of the reason the class is special. Guy is one of the most physical backs to enter the league in years. Dude broke records. I think folks are sleeping on him as they are viewing him as "that other back from Oklahoma", but I think NFL teams are very aware of Perine as a talent. I think he's locked in as a Day 2 guy.

I can't say how other folks are coming to their opinions of him, I formed mine watching all his snaps against Baylor and Auburn in 2016 and Clemson in 2015. If you don't think those games capture who he is as a player, give me another game or two I should review. He is not an exceptionally physical runner by any measure in those games. Physical for sure. Said he had one great stiff arm. He ran through a couple other tackles. He did fall forward almost every time he met contact, but he was almost always taken down by initial contact. He had a decent burst, but almost no wiggle. Looked like a good motor away from the ball. Effective at short yardage when he put his head down and plowed. Not nearly as much when he did not have a gaping, obviously play designed hole to run through. To say he is one of the most physical backs to come out in years is laughable to me having watched those 3 games. He is a physical player that OU got into a decent number of open field 1 v 1 matchups with all the gimmicks, motion, etc in their offense. Even then, he ran into guys and was tackled falling forward. He did not run over guys and and break 10-15 yards more.
threadkiller

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:12 am

Also any scouting report that says Perine isn't committed to being a power back is out to lunch.
real bucs fan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions