BUCS 1 of 8 teams eligible for mandatory Hard Knocks

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: BUCS 1 of 8 teams eligible for mandatory Hard Knocks

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:18 am

When it comes down to preparing for football games, focusing at practice - basically everything football related - how can hard knocks help us on the field? How does it help us win games?

However, I would love to see the team on HK's and I'm sure the Glazers would too.
VauntedTampa2

Postby MarineBuc » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:54 am

It is really looking like the Bucs are destined to be on HK.

Florio over at PFT.com thinks it us...BTW...JBF is a junior high level site but, from time to time it spits out a good nugget

“I have a feeling this year it will be the Buccaneers.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/04/flori ... rd-knocks/

I am fairly ambiguous on this...no doubt I would love to see the "behind the scenes" at OBP...I just don't see how it furthers our quest for a championship.
MarineBuc

Postby Teitan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 am

I think people read way too much into the "is is a distraction / does it help" thing. They throw some cameras up in the walls and have what, 1 or 2 crews covering specific things? They aren't too invasive. An HBO film crew out filming a practice session is probably not anymore distracting than all the local media filming and taking pictures. I think it's overblown.

I for one would enjoy seeing the Bucs on it. It's interesting when it's other teams but for it to be YOUR team, that's gotta be the ultimate hype show for the season.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 am

Since this will be our last chance to be on Hard Knocks over the next 12-15 seasons I would love for our Bucs to be chosen.
PrimeMinister

Postby threadkiller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:11 am

MarineBuc wrote:It is really looking like the Bucs are destined to be on HK.

Florio over at PFT.com thinks it us...BTW...JBF is a junior high level site but, from time to time it spits out a good nugget

“I have a feeling this year it will be the Buccaneers.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/04/flori ... rd-knocks/

I am fairly ambiguous on this...no doubt I would love to see the "behind the scenes" at OBP...I just don't see how it furthers our quest for a championship.

I'm a fan and I want to see us on Hard Knocks. It's that simple for me. I hope the league makes us do it.
threadkiller

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:44 am

oh ****. ask me any other year, and I say no, keep that distraction away from us. but I'm just so damn confident in the direction of this team that I would LOVE to see the Bucs on HK. (plus it will help turn my packer-fan wife further into a bucs fan. she loves the juicy/human aspect of football, this will only help!!)
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 am

Jameis is made for Hard Knocks.
Last edited by PrimeMinister on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Since this will be our last chance to be on Hard Knocks over the next 12-15 seasons I would love for our Bucs to be chosen.

I like this thinking!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby BucaRican » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Ravens are out : http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-the-ravens-won-t-be-featured-on-hbo-s-hard-knocks-this-year-20170327-story.html

After last season ended and we knew we weren’t going to be in the playoffs and we were eligible to be a “Hard Knocks” team, we reached out to the league and said we really couldn’t do it," Ravens president **** Cass told The Sun on Monday. "That’s because the construction that is going on at the Under Armour Performance Center.

Eagles are out: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-will-not-be-on-hard-knocks-in-2017/

Eagles chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie confirmed the team will not appear on HBO's Hard Knocks for the 2017 season.

Browns are out: http://sportsnaut.com/2017/03/browns-granted-wish-avoid-hard-knocks/

“But the league and producers of the popular reality series have multiple teams interested, per the source, and the Browns will get their wish again to avoid the scrutiny of HBO’s cameras.”

Colts are out: https://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/03/30/jim-irsay-shuts-hard-knocks-rumors-surrounding-colts/

It’s that “for worse” part that naturally worries any owner, Irsay included. The spotlight of “Hard Knocks” has a way of magnifying everything happening in the organization, and Irsay clearly feels that it would prove to be little more than an unneeded distraction.

Tennessee has already expressed they do not want to be apart of the show http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21775/the-titans-have-no-interest-in-appearing-on-hard-knocks. And Sean Payton has repeated expressed he would be very anal about places cameras could go http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/27/saints-bracing-for-involuntary-hard-knocks-assignment/

With the Eagles, Browns, Baltimore Ravens out , that makes it BUCS are 1 of 4 the Chicago Bears, Tennessee Titans, and New Orleans Saints as the remaining eligible.

So it is almost up to only the Bears and Bucs. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure this out. As DK has already expressed he is fine with it.
BucaRican

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:36 pm

BucaRican wrote:Ravens are out : http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-the-ravens-won-t-be-featured-on-hbo-s-hard-knocks-this-year-20170327-story.html

After last season ended and we knew we weren’t going to be in the playoffs and we were eligible to be a “Hard Knocks” team, we reached out to the league and said we really couldn’t do it," Ravens president **** Cass told The Sun on Monday. "That’s because the construction that is going on at the Under Armour Performance Center.

Eagles are out: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-will-not-be-on-hard-knocks-in-2017/

Eagles chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie confirmed the team will not appear on HBO's Hard Knocks for the 2017 season.

Browns are out: http://sportsnaut.com/2017/03/browns-granted-wish-avoid-hard-knocks/

“But the league and producers of the popular reality series have multiple teams interested, per the source, and the Browns will get their wish again to avoid the scrutiny of HBO’s cameras.”

Colts are out: https://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/03/30/jim-irsay-shuts-hard-knocks-rumors-surrounding-colts/

It’s that “for worse” part that naturally worries any owner, Irsay included. The spotlight of “Hard Knocks” has a way of magnifying everything happening in the organization, and Irsay clearly feels that it would prove to be little more than an unneeded distraction.

Tennessee has already expressed they do not want to be apart of the show http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21775/the-titans-have-no-interest-in-appearing-on-hard-knocks. And Sean Payton has repeated expressed he would be very anal about places cameras could go http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/27/saints-bracing-for-involuntary-hard-knocks-assignment/

With the Eagles, Browns, Baltimore Ravens out , that makes it BUCS are 1 of 4 the Chicago Bears, Tennessee Titans, and New Orleans Saints as the remaining eligible.

So it is almost up to only the Bears and Bucs. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure this out. As DK has already expressed he is fine with it.

beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm

It would be amazing if we got to be on Hard Knocks and All or Nothing in the same year. If I had to choose I'd rather our Bucs be on All or Nothing. Seeing behind the scenes during the regular season would be great TV with the characters we have in the locker room.
PrimeMinister

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 am

Teitan wrote:I think people read way too much into the "is is a distraction / does it help" thing. They throw some cameras up in the walls and have what, 1 or 2 crews covering specific things? They aren't too invasive. An HBO film crew out filming a practice session is probably not anymore distracting than all the local media filming and taking pictures. I think it's overblown.

I for one would enjoy seeing the Bucs on it. It's interesting when it's other teams but for it to be YOUR team, that's gotta be the ultimate hype show for the season.

Agreed 1000%. These players/coaches are used to having a camera in their face. They're not going to change their entire training camp because there's 1-2 extra cameras around. HBO knows what it's doing now with how long the show has been on the air. And DK/Mike Smith went through it a few years ago with the Falcons, so they'd be great at handling it.

I hope it's us. Any exposure for the Bucs, who most agree are on the up and up, I'll take it.

I didn't watch Hard Knocks last year, b/c I had no interest in the boring Rams, even with the move to LA. I did watch the rest of the Hard Knocks though, even when the Falcons were on it.
pewterpirates

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:11 pm

I've never watched the show, but would love to see the Bucs on here just for my own viewing pleasure and for the exposure. With Koetter being ok with it, I absolutely hope that the Bucs are on this season.

From the sounds of things, it's down to the Bucs and the Bears.
Deja Entendu

Postby Doctor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:30 pm

I'd love it. Tampa isn't the largest market, so the more I can see of the bucs the better. **** all this distraction bs. It's TC, not playoffs. Also, there's already media and cameras there. If your a rich NFL kid your distraction meter is already maxed out, you just need to be mentally focused to ignore it. Anyone that can't handle hard knocks is probably already distracted by life as is.

So yes, let's have more bucs. Always more bucs.
Doctor

Postby Teitan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Just look at all the story lines that would be interesting not only for us buc fans, but in general I think.

Jameis (period) and building his chemistry with our shiny new superstar player DJax
Our RB situation, Be it Doug coming back, a rookie, AP
Aguayo kicking battle
Dirk Koetter building off his first year success
Teitan

Postby AMERICAN MUSCLE » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:55 pm

Please do this. This will save me from the annual withdrawals of not living in Tampa anymore.
AMERICAN MUSCLE

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:50 am

Anyone know when the NFL is going to announce the team to be featured on hard knocks?
SixStringSamurai

Postby Bucs N Beers » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:58 am

They announced the Rams last year at the end of March. This years team should be announced soon I would think.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:15 am

Uh oh

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 18 minutes ago

Buccaneers being considered for this year's Hard Knocks. Decision could come before draft.
Crocaneers

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 am

Crocaneers wrote:Uh oh

Buccaneers being considered for this year's Hard Knocks. Decision could come before draft.

What's the problem?
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Uh oh

Yea what the big friggin deal?
BucaRican

Previous

Return to Team Discussions