Switch to full style
Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Post a reply

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 am

I remember how pathetic we were at DT for years between Sapp and McCoy, definitely don't want to go back to that. McCoy may not have lived up to some crazy HOF expectations, but he's been an excellent player and easily the best 1st round draft pick we've had since McKay was making decisions (though Evans and Winston could be coming for that title). I appreciate the guy and everything he's done for our team, I hope we can get him into the playoffs because I know he's hungry for it.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:21 am

Miller4Prez64 wrote:I remember how pathetic we were at DT for years between Sapp and McCoy, definitely don't want to go back to that. McCoy may not have lived up to some crazy HOF expectations, but he's been an excellent player and easily the best 1st round draft pick we've had since McKay was making decisions (though Evans and Winston could be coming for that title). I appreciate the guy and everything he's done for our team, I hope we can get him into the playoffs because I know he's hungry for it.


You always hear about not wanting to follow a legend (not that McCoy was a DIRECT descendant of Sapp's) but some really dumb Bucs fans have made that true with these two. Nobody ever talks about LVD and some need to emulate Brooks. Not once has anyone said that VHIII needs to become the kind of guy Ronde was. But for some reason, McCoy is somehow letting us down by not playing the game the way Sapp does, despite playing it really really well. We've had probably two of the top ten DTs of the last 20 years on our team. That's pretty cool. Not sure how many teams can say that.

You know who had glass in his mouth and fire in his belly and hell to raise? Chris ****ing Hovan. I'll talk Aww-Schucks GMC every time.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 am

Greg Auman‏Verified account
@gregauman
Bucs announce that DE Jacquies Smith is on active-PUP list as he recovers from knee surgery. Can be activated anytime before September.



Rick Stroud‏
@NFLSTROUD
All #Bucs rookies have reported and passed physicals and are full go for training camp.PUP list as he recovers from knee surgery. Can be activated anytime before September.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:45 am

MJW wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:I remember how pathetic we were at DT for years between Sapp and McCoy, definitely don't want to go back to that. McCoy may not have lived up to some crazy HOF expectations, but he's been an excellent player and easily the best 1st round draft pick we've had since McKay was making decisions (though Evans and Winston could be coming for that title). I appreciate the guy and everything he's done for our team, I hope we can get him into the playoffs because I know he's hungry for it.


You always hear about not wanting to follow a legend (not that McCoy was a DIRECT descendant of Sapp's) but some really dumb Bucs fans have made that true with these two. Nobody ever talks about LVD and some need to emulate Brooks. Not once has anyone said that VHIII needs to become the kind of guy Ronde was. But for some reason, McCoy is somehow letting us down by not playing the game the way Sapp does, despite playing it really really well. We've had probably two of the top ten DTs of the last 20 years on our team. That's pretty cool. Not sure how many teams can say that.

You know who had glass in his mouth and fire in his belly and hell to raise? Chris ****ing Hovan. I'll talk Aww-Schucks GMC every time.


Lots of people made LVD is out next Brooks like claims. And VH3 and Barber were just really far apart by both years and coaches schemes. The biggest thing is the coaches and media were the ones that wanted to make McCoy into Sapp. Raheem was the coach, we were all talking about the Tampa 2.1, and all the other BS. It was attached to him the moment he was drafted, same with always being compared to Suh.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Doctor wrote:
MJW wrote:
You always hear about not wanting to follow a legend (not that McCoy was a DIRECT descendant of Sapp's) but some really dumb Bucs fans have made that true with these two. Nobody ever talks about LVD and some need to emulate Brooks. Not once has anyone said that VHIII needs to become the kind of guy Ronde was. But for some reason, McCoy is somehow letting us down by not playing the game the way Sapp does, despite playing it really really well. We've had probably two of the top ten DTs of the last 20 years on our team. That's pretty cool. Not sure how many teams can say that.

You know who had glass in his mouth and fire in his belly and hell to raise? Chris ****ing Hovan. I'll talk Aww-Schucks GMC every time.


Lots of people made LVD is out next Brooks like claims. And VH3 and Barber were just really far apart by both years and coaches schemes. The biggest thing is the coaches and media were the ones that wanted to make McCoy into Sapp. Raheem was the coach, we were all talking about the Tampa 2.1, and all the other BS. It was attached to him the moment he was drafted, same with always being compared to Suh.



What tempered the LVD and Brooks comparisons down was that there had been a linebacker who was here between them that was already deemed "Brooks like"--Geno Hayes. Take about an unfair comparison for a 6th round draft pick, but his raw athleticism coupled with the fact that he was an FSU linebacker who wore #10 made the comparison easy for most people.

What tempers the VHIII comparison is not only the number of years between schemes, but we need a Ronde-type guy less than we need a next Sapp or Brooks type guy in the minds of most people. Ronde is one of the greatest players in franchise history, but he isn't nearly as likely to be included in an argument for THE BEST of all-time like Sapp, Brooks, and Selmon are; speaking of Selmon, the unfortunate distinction of replacing him fell on Ron Holmes, whom obviously did not live up to that. Comparing new players to all-time greats is never a good thing to do.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz


Hopefully we can finally win wearing them.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz


Hopefully we can finally win wearing them.


I hope so too. I don't want to be flying down there to watch them lose!

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:34 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz


Hopefully we can finally win wearing them.


Hopefully someone goes Chris Sale and shreds them all in the locker room.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz



Seriously?? No ****ing pewter???

Where did you see this man?

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Super K wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:Color Rush jerseys are the same zzzzzzz



Seriously?? No ****ing pewter???

Where did you see this man?


https://www.google.com/amp/www.chron.co ... 198578.php

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Super K wrote:

Seriously?? No ****ing pewter???

Where did you see this man?


https://www.google.com/amp/www.chron.co ... 198578.php


Easier to just post the damn image...

Image

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Buc2 wrote:


Easier to just post the damn image...

Image


The damn image doesn't show the date/game, and he knows what they look like. But thanks?

Oh and it actually was easier to just post the link and not worry about the img tags.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Oh and it actually was easier to just post the link and not worry about the img tags.

You do know you don't have to manually type in the img tags, right? Not counting copying the image URL, it literally takes 2 moves to insert an image. 3 if you count hitting the Enter key.

But, yeah... I see where he asked you where you got the info, so my bad there. Go Bucs! :D

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:Oh and it actually was easier to just post the link and not worry about the img tags.

You do know you don't have to manually type in the img tags, right? Not counting copying the image URL, it literally takes 2 moves to insert an image. 3 if you count hitting the Enter key.

But, yeah... I see where he asked you where you got the info, so my bad there. Go Bucs! :D


I actually don't know how to do it without typing them haha I'm always on mobile, and haven't seen a shortcut for that.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You do know you don't have to manually type in the img tags, right? Not counting copying the image URL, it literally takes 2 moves to insert an image. 3 if you count hitting the Enter key.

But, yeah... I see where he asked you where you got the info, so my bad there. Go Bucs! :D


I actually don't know how to do it without typing them haha I'm always on mobile, and haven't seen a shortcut for that.

Ah. Yeah...the formatting buttons aren't available in Mobile Style. If you switch to Full Style on your mobile, all the buttons are there. Not sure if it's worth it to you or not, though.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks fellas..

MOTHERFUCKER!

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 pm

SIBucsFan wrote:
Doctor wrote:
Lots of people made LVD is out next Brooks like claims. And VH3 and Barber were just really far apart by both years and coaches schemes. The biggest thing is the coaches and media were the ones that wanted to make McCoy into Sapp. Raheem was the coach, we were all talking about the Tampa 2.1, and all the other BS. It was attached to him the moment he was drafted, same with always being compared to Suh.



What tempered the LVD and Brooks comparisons down was that there had been a linebacker who was here between them that was already deemed "Brooks like"--Geno Hayes. Take about an unfair comparison for a 6th round draft pick, but his raw athleticism coupled with the fact that he was an FSU linebacker who wore #10 made the comparison easy for most people.

What tempers the VHIII comparison is not only the number of years between schemes, but we need a Ronde-type guy less than we need a next Sapp or Brooks type guy in the minds of most people. Ronde is one of the greatest players in franchise history, but he isn't nearly as likely to be included in an argument for THE BEST of all-time like Sapp, Brooks, and Selmon are; speaking of Selmon, the unfortunate distinction of replacing him fell on Ron Holmes, whom obviously did not live up to that. Comparing new players to all-time greats is never a good thing to do.



LOL @ Geno being compared to Brooks. Geno was only compared to him the way so many undersized, fast LBs were around Brooks' time. He was never seriously compared to Brooks. LVD was compared to him though. What tempered those comparisons wasn't Geno, it was that after looking like a potential Brooks level player under Schiano, Lovie buried him in his scheme apparently designed to make him have as little impact on games as possible, and then he started off really slowly last year in Smitty's D. You don't get compared to HOF players when you are merely "good". Hopefully this year he gets his groove back and the comparisons start again.

As for VHIII, he has never been compared to Barber not because of the time gap, but because they aren't remotely similar players. That would be like calling Marshawn Lynch "the next Reggie Bush".

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Super K wrote:Thanks fellas..

MOTHERFUCKER!



Didn't we cut that guy?

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 am

Lock this thread and ship it to the archives.

It's ****ing gameday.
Post a reply