How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Two really respected player development guys wanted Kaepernick: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2022 ... -resistant

But the owner was worried about optics. This is as clear a case as can be made that it is not Kaepernick's talent keeping him out of the league.



Your point?

Welcome to the world of being an adult.

I was fired twice despite being the most talented person in the state. Some BS about being hard to work with.

Sure, protest or do whatever the **** you want but understand your employers are the one's that do the hiring and firing.

Kind of funny KC you vehemently support this punk's right to protest but don't give owners the same leeway?

Perhaps this is their own form of protesting?

We won't hire employees that we think might be disruptive, or lets' face it just because we don't like the MF'er!!

They don't need a reason. Welcome to America!!

Quit crying. A job is a responsibility. About time these snot-nosed millennials realized it.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:39 pm

.....
Last edited by Patrick McIrish on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Two really respected player development guys wanted Kaepernick: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2022 ... -resistant

But the owner was worried about optics. This is as clear a case as can be made that it is not Kaepernick's talent keeping him out of the league.



Your point?

Welcome to the world of being an adult.

I was fired twice despite being the most talented person in the state. Some BS about being hard to work with.

Sure, protest or do whatever the **** you want but understand your employers are the one's that do the hiring and firing.

Kind of funny KC you vehemently support this punk's right to protest but don't give owners the same leeway?

Perhaps this is their own form of protesting?

We won't hire employees that we think might be disruptive, or lets' face it just because we don't like the MF'er!!

They don't need a reason. Welcome to America!!

Quit crying. A job is a responsibility. About time these snot-nosed millennials realized it.

We move on.


Where do you even find the statewide ranks for fluffers?
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Two really respected player development guys wanted Kaepernick: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2022 ... -resistant

But the owner was worried about optics. This is as clear a case as can be made that it is not Kaepernick's talent keeping him out of the league.



Your point?

Welcome to the world of being an adult.

I was fired twice despite being the most talented person in the state. Some BS about being hard to work with.

Sure, protest or do whatever the **** you want but understand your employers are the one's that do the hiring and firing.

Kind of funny KC you vehemently support this punk's right to protest but don't give owners the same leeway?

Perhaps this is their own form of protesting?

We won't hire employees that we think might be disruptive, or lets' face it just because we don't like the MF'er!!

They don't need a reason. Welcome to America!!

Quit crying. A job is a responsibility. About time these snot-nosed millennials realized it.

We move on.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to blackball him. I'm saying they are punk ass bitch cowards for doing so.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:03 am

So why isn't anyone giving Josh Freeman another chance?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 707 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:24 am

Ken Carson wrote:I'm not saying they don't have a right to blackball him. I'm saying they are punk ass bitch cowards for doing so.

So you're of the opinion that all 32 individual owners are colluding in an organized effort to ensure Kaep doesn't play in the NFL?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I'm not saying they don't have a right to blackball him. I'm saying they are punk ass bitch cowards for doing so.

So you're of the opinion that all 32 individual owners are colluding in an organized effort to ensure Kaep doesn't play in the NFL?

How did you come by that conclusion?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 am

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So you're of the opinion that all 32 individual owners are colluding in an organized effort to ensure Kaep doesn't play in the NFL?

How did you come by that conclusion?

It's not a conclusion, it's a question requesting clarity based on your post saying "they" (which I implied as the NFL owners) are blackballing Kaep.

Perhaps a better way to ask would be; who do mean exactly by "they"? and do you consider "blackball" the same as colluding?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Super K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Buc2 wrote:So why isn't anyone giving Josh Freeman another chance?


Apples and oranges my man..

If Fro would've knelt during the National Anthem he might've made a case for himself..

But he didnt, so he just sucks..
Super K
 
Posts: 4747
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So why isn't anyone giving Josh Freeman another chance?


Apples and oranges my man..

If Fro would've knelt during the National Anthem he might've made a case for himself..

But he didnt, so he just sucks..

I wasn't comparing his situation to CK. I was making light of the OP in a sarcastic fashion. As in, if Cutler can be a starting QB in the NFL after retiring, why can't JF be a starting QB in the NFL?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 707 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:How did you come by that conclusion?

It's not a conclusion, it's a question requesting clarity based on your post saying "they" (which I implied as the NFL owners) are blackballing Kaep.

Perhaps a better way to ask would be; who do mean exactly by "they"? and do you consider "blackball" the same as colluding?

I mean owners like Woody Johnson and others like him who need a quality backup/QB competition but who are keeping him out of the league for reasons other than football.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:It's not a conclusion, it's a question requesting clarity based on your post saying "they" (which I implied as the NFL owners) are blackballing Kaep.

Perhaps a better way to ask would be; who do mean exactly by "they"? and do you consider "blackball" the same as colluding?

I mean owners like Woody Johnson and others like him who need a quality backup/QB competition but who are keeping him out of the league for reasons other than football.

Other than Woody Johnson, who else is keeping him out of the league for reasons other than football?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 707 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Deuce » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So you're of the opinion that all 32 individual owners are colluding in an organized effort to ensure Kaep doesn't play in the NFL?

How did you come by that conclusion?


Serious, free-standing question-

Do you want the Bucs to sign Colin Kaepernick?
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:It's not a conclusion, it's a question requesting clarity based on your post saying "they" (which I implied as the NFL owners) are blackballing Kaep.

Perhaps a better way to ask would be; who do mean exactly by "they"? and do you consider "blackball" the same as colluding?

I mean owners like Woody Johnson and others like him who need a quality backup/QB competition but who are keeping him out of the league for reasons other than football.


Woody Johnson is the Ambassador to England and has handed over ownership duties iirc.

Jets have spent high picks on QB the past 2 years and already have a retread veteran QB. Does it really make sense to add Kaep to that heap? The Jets are drafting top 5 next April with, or without Kaep.

What other owner is a coward? Who are these others?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:

Your point?

Welcome to the world of being an adult.

I was fired twice despite being the most talented person in the state. Some BS about being hard to work with.

Sure, protest or do whatever the **** you want but understand your employers are the one's that do the hiring and firing.

Kind of funny KC you vehemently support this punk's right to protest but don't give owners the same leeway?

Perhaps this is their own form of protesting?

We won't hire employees that we think might be disruptive, or lets' face it just because we don't like the MF'er!!

They don't need a reason. Welcome to America!!

Quit crying. A job is a responsibility. About time these snot-nosed millennials realized it.

We move on.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to blackball him. I'm saying they are punk ass bitch cowards for doing so.


I think slinging wild insults at people because they won't help fill your personal agenda is silly but you are entitled to your opinion.

I know this, some pretty damned successful cowards in that group, I wouldn't mind being one of them.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Super K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Super K wrote:
Apples and oranges my man..

If Fro would've knelt during the National Anthem he might've made a case for himself..

But he didnt, so he just sucks..

I wasn't comparing his situation to CK. I was making light of the OP in a sarcastic fashion. As in, if Cutler can be a starting QB in the NFL after retiring, why can't JF be a starting QB in the NFL?



Re-read my post from a "smart ass" perspective and you'll see what I mean..sorry it didn't translate well..

F5 doesn't have a job because he sucked..same thing with CK..

But folks are upset about CK being unemployed because he stood, or rather kneeled, for "something"...
Super K
 
Posts: 4747
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I wasn't comparing his situation to CK. I was making light of the OP in a sarcastic fashion. As in, if Cutler can be a starting QB in the NFL after retiring, why can't JF be a starting QB in the NFL?



Re-read my post from a "smart ass" perspective and you'll see what I mean..sorry it didn't translate well..

F5 doesn't have a job because he sucked..same thing with CK..

But folks are upset about CK being unemployed because he stood, or rather kneeled, for "something"...

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And I 100% agree with the bolded text.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 707 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Pirate Life » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:41 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:2 straight years. Like Winston, he's just entering his 3rd year.


He was injured and didn't return in the title game Oregon lost to Ohio State. But 2 NFL seasons is accurate. The point is still the same in that Mariota has missed games due to injury and Kaep offers a similar skillset so the having him as a back-up makes sense moreso than a team like the Bucs that run a more traditional drop back offense.


Mariota did return to the game vs Ohio State after the Bosa hit injured him, only missed one play. Last play of the game was a Mariota interception that made me $300 after I took a bet from a friend who said he wouldn't throw an interception during the game. =)

As far as the OP goes, Cutler is like a lot of strong-armed QB's. If they have the slightest bit of accuracy (Cutler's career completion percentage is 61%, not bad), they end up hanging around the league for years regardless of how their teams do on the field. There are too many coaches out there that fall in love with that strong arm potential and think they can make it work. Hell, from what I hear RGIII was also being considered by the Dolphins if they didn't sign Cutler. Kind of like how some girls think they can fix the bad boy they want to date.
Pirate Life
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Super K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm

RG3 doesn't have a job either?

Didn't realize he knelt during the National Anthem last year..
Super K
 
Posts: 4747
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Caradoc » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:29 pm

I hear Mike Vick and Vince Young are out of work too, gotta be the #racism
Caradoc
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Super K wrote:

Re-read my post from a "smart ass" perspective and you'll see what I mean..sorry it didn't translate well..

F5 doesn't have a job because he sucked..same thing with CK..

But folks are upset about CK being unemployed because he stood, or rather kneeled, for "something"...

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And I 100% agree with the bolded text.

Kaepernick doesn't suck. Here's an article from a guy who charts every play every quarterback makes every week.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/07/30/coli ... oe-flacco/

Saying Kaepernick sucks is honestly an ignorant statement or just a defensible way of saying 'I don't like his politics.'
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I'm not saying they don't have a right to blackball him. I'm saying they are punk ass bitch cowards for doing so.


I think slinging wild insults at people because they won't help fill your personal agenda is silly but you are entitled to your opinion.

I know this, some pretty damned successful cowards in that group, I wouldn't mind being one of them.

It's not a personal agenda. It's just dumb ownership, like getting rid of Mr. McKay was.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And I 100% agree with the bolded text.

Kaepernick doesn't suck


3-16 in his last 19 starts. He's awesome!!
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby sanka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Kaepernick doesn't suck


3-16 in his last 19 starts. He's awesome!!


Fitzpatrick is 49w 69L for his career

Cutler is 51 out of 51

Have they been to the SB?
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Kaepernick doesn't suck


3-16 in his last 19 starts. He's awesome!!

You've really made some weak posts in quick succession in these threads. Just for context... What was Steve Young's record with the Bucs?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 am

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
3-16 in his last 19 starts. He's awesome!!

You've really made some weak posts in quick succession in these threads. Just for context... What was Steve Young's record with the Bucs?


I suppose I could just call people cowards that don't agree with me.

I'll go back to my earlier post since you swung and missed on Woody Johnson. Who are the "other" cowards you were refering to?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:You've really made some weak posts in quick succession in these threads. Just for context... What was Steve Young's record with the Bucs?


I suppose I could just call people cowards that don't agree with me.

I'll go back to my earlier post since you swung and missed on Woody Johnson. Who are the "other" cowards you were refering to?

Make a list of teams whose season would be over if they lost their starter. There's your list.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Buc2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:35 am

Wow. I don't know whether to :lol:, :roll: or :?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 707 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Doctor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:27 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. And I 100% agree with the bolded text.

Kaepernick doesn't suck. Here's an article from a guy who charts every play every quarterback makes every week.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/07/30/coli ... oe-flacco/

Saying Kaepernick sucks is honestly an ignorant statement or just a defensible way of saying 'I don't like his politics.'


Did you read past the title?
1) It's a stupid title.
2) It's 90% bashing Flacco stats over a period of handpicked years.
3) The last part is about Kap and doesn't do any breakdown or anything NEAR the stat harassment is gave Flacco, just coach speak like "He has shown development, growing from a quarterback with a narrow skill set who was reliant on his scheme into someone with a wider skill set who has now shown functional ability in multiple schemes" that says a whole lot of nothing.
4) You owe me 5 minutes of my life back
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 3919
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:21 am

Guess they skipped reading in your school, Doctor.

There was a pro-Kaepernick demonstration outside the Ravens game. The organizer said this:
“You would rather not deal with a black man in America talking about issues than having Ryan Mallett be the possibility of being your starting quarterback."
Well, that about sums it up.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DominatingD55, Google [Bot], Super K and 8 guests