How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby Doctor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:53 am

Marshawn Lynch sitting during the Anthem. Mostly supportive tweets. Obviously some that take issue. Clearly Lynch don't give a F about what line the owners are supposedly forcing players to walk.
Doctor

Re: How isJay Cutler still a starting Quarterback in the NFL

Postby MJW » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Doctor wrote:Marshawn Lynch sitting during the Anthem. Mostly supportive tweets. Obviously some that take issue. Clearly Lynch don't give a F about what line the owners are supposedly forcing players to walk.

I don't think fans in general have ever thought Colin Kaepernick is cool. Just in general. Marshawn Lynch is cool. CK has never been cool. He's always seemed like he's trying too hard to stand out, or rebel. Some have theorized he's felt the need to over-compensate for having an upper-middle class suburban upbringing. I have no idea. But even when he was playing at a high level, he never had that cachet.

Marshawn Lynch comes off as authentic, which is the root of cool. If he does something, it's because he wants to do it. Not because he's trying to get a rise or impress anyone. And if you don't like it he shrugs if he bothers to respond at all. So when Lynch doesn't stand up, it doesn't feel as grating as when CK does it. CK reminds me of a lot of guys I went to college with, who'd make sure to wear Che shirts to polysci classes and make sure everyone sees them.
MJW

Previous

Return to Team Discussions