Background info on BucZone for our new visitors/members

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Background info on BucZone for our new visitors/members

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:50 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:Yep, the PR forums are currently DOWN. I think they've finally hear the message. Well, TOO LATE. I'm not going back.

Is this a "Coming next fall" type of move?
PrimeMinister

Postby DanTurksGhost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Coming next fall? Sorry, I don't get the reference. Can you clarify?
DanTurksGhost

Postby Four Verticals » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:03 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:Coming next fall? Sorry, I don't get the reference. Can you clarify?

The forum which was affiliated with the Bucs official site was eliminated a number of years ago with the promise of a new and improved forum to appear "next fall". We are still awaiting it.
Four Verticals

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:04 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:Coming next fall? Sorry, I don't get the reference. Can you clarify?

The original Official Buccaneers message board was deleted one day with the promise that a new version was "coming next fall". I believe the CNF message is still up if you go to the official site.
PrimeMinister

Postby DanTurksGhost » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Four Verticals wrote:

The forum which was affiliated with the Bucs official site was eliminated a number of years ago with the promise of a new and improved forum to appear "next fall". We are still awaiting it.

Ahhhh, ok I see. I never hung out at the "official" forums. I have no idea what PR has going on. All I know is that if they are SMART they want a thriving, engaged forum community. Otherwise their traffic will die, no matter how good their articles may or may not be. People can read articles all day, but the interaction with other users -- the debate and discussion -- is what drives engagement.

I was very disappointed with Mark Cook's response to the backlash and his decision to delete links to other sites (so-called "competitors"). It was childish and immature. It was "I'm going to take my ball and go home" tactics at work. I thought PR was bigger than that, but I was wrong, which is a shame.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Moozician » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Well, hopefully you'll all stick around. Yeah, PR may have higher traffic, but it has all the bullshit that goes with that. PR might scale back on the ads some, but it won't eliminate them.

I liked BucZone the minute I saw it. As a former Mod, I LIKED the idea of letting the forum run itself. Not bogged down by rules, not choked with advertising, just quality people. Stick around. Make us better.
Moozician

Postby Youngone » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:58 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Youngone wrote:Is that EXTREMMME vetting? Sounds tremendous, tremendous!

Orrrr....Maybe we just put up a firewall to keep the PR folks out and we make them administer it. It'll be fantastic! I install the best firewalls. Everyone agrees.

You have the best words
Youngone

Postby Air-Buc-Pirate » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 pm

I saw that SHE is there ripping all the people leaving. Seems like dejavu all over again.
Air-Buc-Pirate

Postby The Outsider » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Air-Buc-Pirate wrote:I saw that SHE is there ripping all the people leaving. Seems like dejavu all over again.

Karen loves to hate us cause she anus.
The Outsider

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Profile photo of Morgan

Participant
Topics: 0
Replies: 30
Morgan
September 15, 2016 at 5:35 pm #941278
Sounds childish to me

DanTurksGhostSep 15, 2016 3:47 pm
Yep, the PR forums are currently DOWN. I think they’ve finally hear the message. Well, TOO LATE. I’m not going back.
Following the Bucs since 1981
This reply was modified 3 hours, 27 minutes ago by Profile photo of Morgan Morgan.
This reply was modified 3 hours, 26 minutes ago by Profile photo of Morgan Morgan.

Same Morgan/nadal from tbaybucs.com? haha
Phantom Phenom

Postby deltbucs » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:06 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Profile photo of Morgan

Participant
Topics: 0
Replies: 30
Morgan
September 15, 2016 at 5:35 pm #941278
Sounds childish to me

DanTurksGhostSep 15, 2016 3:47 pm
Yep, the PR forums are currently DOWN. I think they’ve finally hear the message. Well, TOO LATE. I’m not going back.
Following the Bucs since 1981
This reply was modified 3 hours, 27 minutes ago by Profile photo of Morgan Morgan.
This reply was modified 3 hours, 26 minutes ago by Profile photo of Morgan Morgan.

Same Morgan/nadal from tbaybucs.com? haha

I'm sure it is. She's mad to see this board getting more traffic so popped onto PR to try to stop people from coming here.
deltbucs

Postby Wenchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:08 am

Yet she still can't help herself from lurking here and quoting posts on other boards.

:buttmoon:
Last edited by Wenchy on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wenchy

Re: Welcome PR Refugees

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Nano wrote:This is the UTBBB community.

Owner of that old board decided he'd try and make us his revenue stream. Ads everywhere, redirects, constant tap talk ****....and then started silencing those who voiced out. So, we moved....and left it like it is.

Speaking of which.....

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/17654 ... ay-thread/

Succinct.
mightyleemoon

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 am

At least she nite admitted her board is dead and recommends PR and BucsChat. That's progress, right?

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/18667 ... ntry915043
PrimeMinister

Postby Wenchy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:33 am

PrimeMinister wrote:At least she nite admitted her board is dead and recommends PR and BucsChat. That's progress, right?

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/topic/18667 ... ntry915043

Oh, Karen, still obsessing about Corsair (her avy) and me (her sig.) For the last time, we are both taken.
Wenchy

Postby NYBF » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:17 am

ComingThisFall wrote:
NYBF wrote:
User Panel (top tool bar)---> Board Preferences ---> Edit Display Options ---> Enable word censoring: No

Thanks. Now if I could just figure out where to send my application for my signature image.

You can use this in the meantime

NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:51 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So we've become sort of a refugee camp. Sweet.

Which of course means they're all terrorists and out to destroy our Buc fan way of life. We need to establish a much more extreme screening process to make sure they're not actually Falcon fans.

Yeah. I'd rather have terrorist here than Falcon fans. heh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby ComingThisFall » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:29 pm

NYBF wrote:
ComingThisFall wrote:
Thanks. Now if I could just figure out where to send my application for my signature image.

yeah...i'll use that sig when hell freezes over.
ComingThisFall

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:
NYBF wrote:

yeah...i'll use that sig when hell freezes over.

bucfanclw

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:22 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Four Verticals wrote:

Ahhhh, ok I see. I never hung out at the "official" forums. I have no idea what PR has going on. All I know is that if they are SMART they want a thriving, engaged forum community. Otherwise their traffic will die, no matter how good their articles may or may not be. People can read articles all day, but the interaction with other users -- the debate and discussion -- is what drives engagement.

I was very disappointed with Mark Cook's response to the backlash and his decision to delete links to other sites (so-called "competitors"). It was childish and immature. It was "I'm going to take my ball and go home" tactics at work. I thought PR was bigger than that, but I was wrong, which is a shame.

Haven't been on that board since Cook banned me for comparing him to Putin ... But I just saw where he told corsair that he never banned anybody for criticising PR. Lol what a putz .
Jason Bourne

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:22 am

Who do I blame if our new friends trickle back to their website? I demand a scapegoat.
mdb1958

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 am

mdb1958 wrote:Who do I blame if our new friends trickle back to their website? I demand a scapegoat.

Would have to be bootz
Jason Bourne

Postby threadkiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:00 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Who do I blame if our new friends trickle back to their website? I demand a scapegoat.

I'm sure some will or already have. I saw that Scott made a lengthy post promising a refocus on the forum community there. Detailing several things they are planning on doing to reconnect with the forum they had neglected and chose to move away from. So I'd blame PR for maybe giving a **** about a forum membership on their site again and interacting with them. The complete archive of posts they always had appears gone forever and the modest, rushed, improvements they've scrambled to make still fall short functionally. Speaking only for myself, I have no intention of returning. Hoping this site provides a more stable environment for the long term.
threadkiller

Postby threadkiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
DanTurksGhost wrote:

Haven't been on that board since Cook banned me for comparing him to Putin ... But I just saw where he told corsair that he never banned anybody for criticising PR. Lol what a putz .

Is that what got you banned?

I've always wanted the forum I participate to be very generous in their moderation. I have said many things there that I assume would be moderated elsewhere. Have been blisteringly critical of team/coaches/players without any moderation. Have been critical of PR/MC/SR as well. The first post of mine I know of being deleted there was this week. I've never received suspension, so I certainly don't consider them draconian moderators.

I do remember you trolling Jameis Winston pretty hard. Both as a prospect on the field and his character as a person in that back and forth debate over who to take 1. So, I'm hoping you've done a 180 on Jaboo. I figured that's why you had disappeared from around PR. Do you remember why you called MC "Putin" though? The only posts they said they were pulling were the ones calling Jameis a rapist.
threadkiller

Postby Nano » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:32 pm

We don't need a scapegoat. They're always welcome back if they so choose...but you can't be surprised that they'll lean to going back. It's by nature.
Nano

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:54 pm

threadkiller wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

I've always wanted the forum I participate to be very generous in their moderation. I have said many things there that I assume would be moderated elsewhere. Have been blisteringly critical of team/coaches/players without any moderation. Have been critical of PR/MC/SR as well. The first post of mine I know of being deleted there was this week. I've never received suspension, so I certainly don't consider them draconian moderators.

I do remember you trolling Jameis Winston pretty hard. Both as a prospect on the field and his character as a person in that back and forth debate over who to take 1. So, I'm hoping you've done a 180 on Jaboo. I figured that's why you had disappeared from around PR. Do you remember why you called MC "Putin" though? The only posts they said they were pulling were the ones calling Jameis a rapist.

Yeah I have said it appears as I was wrong about JW , dude got into shape and is maturing everyday , he always had the smarts it was all the other stuff . I was wrong .
What happened at PR was they made a post saying any sexual innuendos will not be tolerated and a few other things and that just seems like no fun to me . Too many rules and I guess Cook gets emotional about his little website ... I was banned for "continued bashing of the board " which wasn't the case .. I just like to make fun of stuff . Was banned from jbf cause I was a freeman fan and I jokingly asked one of the posters if he just got back from a clan rally ... No sense of humor of I guess .
Jason Bourne

Postby DonkeyHunter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Nano wrote:

We don't need a scapegoat. They're always welcome back if they so choose...but you can't be surprised that they'll lean to going back. It's by nature.

I think you'll be surprised. Traffic was declining before the exodus even began. Doubt if they return.
DonkeyHunter

Postby bschucher » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Been there for many years and don't currently see a reason to return to the boards there. This suits me just fine.
bschucher

Postby threadkiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
threadkiller wrote:

Yeah I have said it appears as I was wrong about JW , dude got into shape and is maturing everyday , he always had the smarts it was all the other stuff . I was wrong .
What happened at PR was they made a post saying any sexual innuendos will not be tolerated and a few other things and that just seems like no fun to me . Too many rules and I guess Cook gets emotional about his little website ... I was banned for "continued bashing of the board " which wasn't the case .. I just like to make fun of stuff . Was banned from jbf cause I was a freeman fan and I jokingly asked one of the posters if he just got back from a clan rally ... No sense of humor of I guess .

Fwiw, I didn't think you were one of the worst Mariota guys, and that drug out over way to long and got pretty ugly both ways.
threadkiller

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:09 pm

threadkiller wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Fwiw, I didn't think you were one of the worst Mariota guys, and that drug out over way to long and got pretty ugly both ways.

So you all had a Winstiota Civil War too?
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions