Background info on BucZone for our new visitors/members

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Background info on BucZone for our new visitors/members

Postby threadkiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:27 pm

No record of it now exists, part of why I'm here. I'm guessing the one here got pretty toxic as well? Truth be told, I helped contribute quite a bit to that at PR.
threadkiller

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Nano wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Who do I blame if our new friends trickle back to their website? I demand a scapegoat.

We don't need a scapegoat. They're always welcome back if they so choose...but you can't be surprised that they'll lean to going back. It's by nature.

This. I'm happy we gained some new people, and everyone is always welcome. Hell, people could decide to double up on their Bucs discussions. I think we did a great job being welcoming to their membership, even though I was called a vulture over there for suggesting that people could come here if they were looking for something new. Scott and Mark deleted any comments that mentioned us, we did none of that over here. In fact, we were the only ones to suggest that both sites gaining membership is good for Buc fans in general.

A good season for the Bucs might mean good things for Buc discussion on the internet, and I'm hoping both BucZone and PR are able to capitalize on it.

JoeBucsFun can suck a ****.
Corsair

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Corsair wrote:
Nano wrote:We don't need a scapegoat. They're always welcome back if they so choose...but you can't be surprised that they'll lean to going back. It's by nature.

This. I'm happy we gained some new people, and everyone is always welcome. Hell, people could decide to double up on their Bucs discussions. I think we did a great job being welcoming to their membership, even though I was called a vulture over there for suggesting that people could come here if they were looking for something new. Scott and Mark deleted any comments that mentioned us, we did none of that over here. In fact, we were the only ones to suggest that both sites gaining membership is good for Buc fans in general.

A good season for the Bucs might mean good things for Buc discussion on the internet, and I'm hoping both BucZone and PR are able to capitalize on it.

Lol. Isdick is Good at it according Duhmig
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm

threadkiller wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Yeah I have said it appears as I was wrong about JW , dude got into shape and is maturing everyday , he always had the smarts it was all the other stuff . I was wrong .
What happened at PR was they made a post saying any sexual innuendos will not be tolerated and a few other things and that just seems like no fun to me . Too many rules and I guess Cook gets emotional about his little website ... I was banned for "continued bashing of the board " which wasn't the case .. I just like to make fun of stuff . Was banned from jbf cause I was a freeman fan and I jokingly asked one of the posters if he just got back from a clan rally ... No sense of humor of I guess .

Fwiw, I didn't think you were one of the worst Mariota guys, and that drug out over way to long and got pretty ugly both ways.

Thx right on
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
threadkiller wrote:
Fwiw, I didn't think you were one of the worst Mariota guys, and that drug out over way to long and got pretty ugly both ways.

So you all had a Winstiota Civil War too?

Yeah for sure
Jason Bourne

Postby DanTurksGhost » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I won't be going back to PR. They lost my loyalty when they showed they didn't care about their users. A quick scramble after the big bailout isn't good enough. I'm sure nobody over there cares that I'm gone, but I'm happy to be here.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Nano » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Yeah for sure

TBH, that wasn't that bad here, it was mostly Bootz vs RBF. The Freeman Civil War from 2013 though...that was really bitter.
Nano

Postby threadkiller » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:58 pm

I was on the wrong side of history, well reality as well, there sadly.

Also, DTG, pleased to be able to continue to snipe at you from close range. Your thoughts are always of interest, even when they ruffle me.

I haven't ruled out commenting inside PR's articles, as I'll continue reading some of them. I'm just not planning on having my forum type discussions there in the future. I hope their business continues and the people there do well. I like having lots of outlets covering the Bucs.
threadkiller

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:51 am

Whatever happened to Delo ?
Jason Bourne

Postby Alexander the Great » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:49 am

Corsair wrote:
Nano wrote:We don't need a scapegoat. They're always welcome back if they so choose...but you can't be surprised that they'll lean to going back. It's by nature.

As mentioned by others, the PR board has been on a slow decline for a couple years now, most discussions have been **** to be quite honest.

Coming here for the first time a week ago, it was plainly evident that this was the place for me....better football talk, less 'preciousness' and many posters have a sense of humor I appreciate... :buttmoon:
Alexander the Great

Postby Wenchy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:53 am

Corsair wrote: Hell, people could decide to double up on their Bucs discussions. I think we did a great job being welcoming to their membership, even though I was called a vulture over there for suggesting that people could come here if they were looking for something new.

For what it's worth, you've been called worse here. :)
Wenchy

Postby Youngone » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Yeah for sure

It was a war zone over there lol.
Youngone

Postby Pewterslimsme » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:49 am

Alexander the Great wrote:many posters have a sense of humor I appreciate... :buttmoon:

You're welcome.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Kress » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:52 am

Nano wrote:The Freeman Civil War from 2013 though...that was really bitter.

Shall we bring up Favre?
Kress

Postby Wenchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:20 am

Kress wrote:
Nano wrote:The Freeman Civil War from 2013 though...that was really bitter.

Shall we bring up Favre?

You mean that guy from Greenbay?
Wenchy

Postby Jessie's Girl » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 am

Wenchy wrote:
Kress wrote:
Shall we bring up Favre?

You mean that guy from Greenbay?

Not the T-shirts!!!! :P
Jessie's Girl

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
It's up for me.

That's what she said
Babeinbucland

Postby MarineBuc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:50 am

Wenchy wrote:Yet she still can't help herself from lurking here and quoting posts on other boards.

:buttmoon:

She did it again...man, DTG is living in her head :lol:

Morgan

September 20, 2016 at 4:39 am #942896

DanTurksGhost » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I won’t be going back to PR. They lost my loyalty when they showed they didn’t care about their users. A quick scramble after the big bailout isn’t good enough. I’m sure nobody over there cares that I’m gone, but I’m happy to be here.

——————-

No loyalty.More whining.

Following the Bucs since 1981
MarineBuc

Postby threadkiller » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 am

I posted the same thing there, but it's another example of PR's abject failures to run a proper forum. How long had we been asking for moderators on a whole range of issues? Coming from a perspective that very little should be censored, but moderation is needed for forum functionality as well. I understand PRs reluctance to have Internet "strangers" representing their business on their forums, but it's an extremely common practice. From an administrative standpint, it's easier to oversee a few individuals than moderate an entire forum. The PR admin don't like to use the message forums. It's clearly a chore for them, so they do it poorly. In this case, allowing an obvious troll account to troll contributing members who have left upset. Obviously attempting to make them feel unwelcome to come back. I don't recall a time where there was an active Morgan account, and I posted there for 5+ years. Any moderator would remove those posts and ban the account as the website is in public relations mode trying to reengage with that section of their customer base.
threadkiller

Postby ComingThisFall » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:16 am

threadkiller wrote:I posted the same thing there, but it's another example of PR's abject failures to run a proper forum. How long had we been asking for moderators on a whole range of issues? Coming from a perspective that very little should be censored, but moderation is needed for forum functionality as well. I understand PRs reluctance to have Internet "strangers" representing their business on their forums, but it's an extremely common practice. From an administrative standpint, it's easier to oversee a few individuals than moderate an entire forum. The PR admin don't like to use the message forums. It's clearly a chore for them, so they do it poorly. In this case, allowing an obvious troll account to troll contributing members who have left upset. Obviously attempting to make them feel unwelcome to come back. I don't recall a time where there was an active Morgan account, and I posted there for 5+ years. Any moderator would remove those posts and ban the account as the website is in public relations mode trying to reengage with that section of their customer base.

I wouldn't so much ban her, at first. More disassociate the board from her.
ComingThisFall

Postby Wenchy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:40 am

Nice sig!
Wenchy

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:51 pm

MarineBuc wrote:
Wenchy wrote:Yet she still can't help herself from lurking here and quoting posts on other boards.
She did it again...man, DTG is living in her head

I can't believe someone is so obsessed with me. "Morgan" is apparently the definition of "pathetic" if this is what actually occupies their time.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Caradoc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
MarineBuc wrote:

I can't believe someone is so obsessed with me. "Morgan" is apparently the definition of "pathetic" if this is what actually occupies their time.

I think Morgan is Karen, she used to haunt PR about 10 years or more ago but got driven off. If that's the same person with the other boards. If I'm right, "nuts" might be a better adjective than "pathetic".
Caradoc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:08 pm

OH! I remember Karen...
DanTurksGhost

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Karen is Morgan... and also Nadal.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Also, I'm not Hauser, I'm Quaid.

And Finkle is Einhorn.
Corsair

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Mr. Pink: Why can't we pick our own colors?

Joe: No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Caradoc » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:14 pm

They call me Bruce
Caradoc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

My relative was a big contributor in another forum and was invited to be a moderator. The forums eventually went under because of lack of moderation. They were a very active forum but failed to bring on enough user/moderators quick enough and the users bailed fast.
DanTurksGhost

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

well well well, http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com's down
Phantom Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions