Thank you Jameis Winston

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Thank you Jameis Winston

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Link please!
Patrick McIrish

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Bingo. I just read the game thread, exactly what they're harping on.

Need I say more?

No, please don't say another thing.
Bootz2004

Postby Ironworker808 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:Bingo. I just read the game thread, exactly what they're harping on.

Need I say more?

No, please don't say another thing.

Ever.
Ironworker808

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Save your time Buc2, I never said that. In fact I said the exact opposite.

That was easy, moving on....

EnochRoot wrote:You guys need to get your head out of Winston's lap and learn how to expect more.

He was the #1 pick in the freaking draft. His completion percentage entering the game yesterday left *A LOT* to be desired.

Yeah the completion % is too low. I think it speaks directly to why we always settle for 3 instead of getting the TDs.

A huge arm is great, it can really stretch the field. As the field shrinks though a higher emphasis is placed on accuracy.

EnochRoot wrote:Meanwhile, despite taking a shot to his knee last month and having it cost him multiple games, Mariota *AGAIN* absolutely dissected a team. Something Winston's not done yet at all, despite having far more talented receivers on his roster. All the knocks on Mariota haven't panned out in the slightest, and how Winston was the better QB hasn't either.

Mary has been unreal. First rookie in the history of the game to have multiple games where they throw at least 4TDs and no picks.

And hell the year is only half done!!!?

EnochRoot wrote:Winston hasn't sucked. He's performed admirably for the #1 pick of the draft given the reigns to an offense immediately..But he's not showing me anything that suggests he's the second coming, either.

He would be a fine pick-up if he didn't cost so much. That's what most here are not able to factor in.......

They see upgraded QB play and think it's worth it no matter what.

In reality I see a team and think what a big move it would have been to trade down and throw in another 3 or 4 early draft picks in as starters.

Then you'd really have something going around here.

Solid post overall.
Last edited by Patrick McIrish on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buc2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Link please!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1273&start=90#p72387
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm

As one of wInston's biggest critics , I have to say has impressed the hell out of me. Guy has that competitive fire and can really play. It was always the off the field stuff and his weight was a concern of mine. But he has proven me wrong so far. He did get a little lucky some of his passes were not picked off. That still would not of taken away that he is playing well above his experience level right now. He could be a real star .
Last edited by Jason Bourne on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Bourne

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Thank you for finding it for me Buc2.

Exactly as I remembered it.

Next.
Patrick McIrish

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 pm

PMI you only show up when the bucs lose
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Seamen » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:33 pm

sanka wrote:PMI you only show up when the bucs lose

Are you surprised?
Seamen

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:36 pm

EnochRoot wrote:You guys need to get your head out of Winston's lap and learn how to expect more.

He was the #1 pick in the freaking draft. His completion percentage entering the game yesterday left *A LOT* to be desired.

Meanwhile, despite taking a shot to his knee last month and having it cost him multiple games, Mariota *AGAIN* absolutely dissected a team. Something Winston's not done yet at all, despite having far more talented receivers on his roster. All the knocks on Mariota haven't panned out in the slightest, and how Winston was the better QB hasn't either.

Winston hasn't sucked. He's performed admirably for the #1 pick of the draft given the reigns to an offense immediately..But he's not showing me anything that suggests he's the second coming, either.

Nobody will take your comments serious ...especially after you claimed you didn't watch the game.

I know you are scratching your ass so hard to blame Winston for anything....
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:12 pm

I just read that he has the SECOND longest passing streak without an INT

He may have just turned the corner after all

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article- ... 2e36546844
Crocaneers

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:19 pm

turned the corner? we're barely past the midway point in his first season. he's just now pulled out of the driveway, let alone get to a corner to turn. get ya shades, it's going to be a sunny long drive.
Noles1724

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:20 pm

I've definitely been impressed with him. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he'd be where he's at now after watching that first game. Been impressed with Mariota as well. I think this is one of those drafts that you've just got to say that both guys were a can't miss. Both are moving in the right direction and showing signs of being future superstars. But they've still got a long way to go until they get to that next level. But so far, the Bucs and Titans should be very excited about what they're seeing out of their quarterbacks.
NavyBuc

Postby Super K » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

NavyBuc wrote:I've definitely been impressed with him. I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he'd be where he's at now after watching that first game. Been impressed with Mariota as well. I think this is one of those drafts that you've just got to say that both guys were a can't miss. Both are moving in the right direction and showing signs of being future superstars. But they've still got a long way to go until they get to that next level. But so far, the Bucs and Titans should be very excited about what they're seeing out of their quarterbacks.

Good post Navy...100% correct..
Super K

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:30 pm

pewterpirates wrote:If I do have one concern about Winston from yesterday, it's his accuracy in the red zone. It seems to just go away once we're inside the 15 or so. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the red zone yesterday. People give him a pass for the 2 point conversion b/c he had to loft it over a LB, but it was still a bad pass. He's gotta be a little more consistent with his accuracy in the red zone.

This is one area I'm not worried about at all. It's one that will absolutely come with experience.
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Caradoc wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:If I do have one concern about Winston from yesterday, it's his accuracy in the red zone. It seems to just go away once we're inside the 15 or so. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the red zone yesterday. People give him a pass for the 2 point conversion b/c he had to loft it over a LB, but it was still a bad pass. He's gotta be a little more consistent with his accuracy in the red zone.

This is one area I'm not worried about at all. It's one that will absolutely come with experience.

Yup, fwiw that is all Jameis talked about in the postgame presser. He knows he needs to be better in the RZ, and sounded very similar to what he said after the Panthers game when he was talking about INTs.

I expect he will get better in that area as well. Getting VJ and ASJ back would help also. Humphries and Dye are not the best RZ targets imo
DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Redzone is particularly tricky. There are a lot of defenders covering a lot less field, at the same time you want to score, and at the same time you don't want to turn it over.

I feel that last part is what's really leading to Winstons redzone struggles. He's (correctly) prioritized not turning the ball over as his #1, scoring is #2. So with that he wants to make sure his passes are not really interceptable, unfortunately he can overcompensate. One thing though is that the kid LOVES scoring, you know he wants that TD. So his will to score will slowly nip away at his desire to protect the ball and find that nice equilibrium of confidence and conservatism.

His greatest trait, IMO, is not only his love for winning but how infectious his personality can be. He seems like a guy that you, as a teammate, don't want to let down. Evans know he let him down. I just hope Evans is the kind of person that turns that into fuel.
Doctor

Postby Caballero » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 pm

So he shows up after almost every Bucs game.
Caballero

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Caballero wrote:

Solid
Noles1724

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Caballero wrote:

Java, this is good trolling here. Subtle, quick, to the point jab.
Bootz2004

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:32 pm

[quote="EnochRoot"]You guys need to get your head out of Winston's lap /quote]

I am sure he has a beautiful and well endowed "lap" and it would be my pleasure to put my head there.
(Whoops! I bet that made you lose your little mind lol) :ninja:
Babeinbucland

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 am

Doctor wrote:His greatest trait, IMO, is not only his love for winning but how infectious his personality can be. He seems like a guy that you, as a teammate, don't want to let down. Evans know he let him down. I just hope Evans is the kind of person that turns that into fuel.

Agree. It'd be nice to see Evans go nuts on Sunday to make up for his drop party from last game.
pewterpirates

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:02 pm

Bucs lead the NFL in fewest 3 and outs.. thank you JW.
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Noles1724 wrote:Bucs lead the NFL in fewest 3 and outs.. thank you JW.

I literally can't believe that. Where we were last season?
deltbucs

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:15 pm

"The jump from last season has been drastic, to say the least. Though it was based on a complete season, not just nine games, the 2014 Bucs went three-and-out on 27 percent of their drives, the third-most of any team. Tampa Bay had the NFL’s ninth-most three-and-outs the year before. "

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article- ... 9a9df4e38d
Noles1724

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Oline gets the credit from me. They allow for mostly positive yardage in the running game and time for Winston to throw.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Drops? Quit crying, they happen to everyone. So do great catches and lucky bounces that helps a QB numbers.

Actually, if the ball bounces, it would be unlucky for the QB. That would be an incomplete pass.

NYBF

Postby Shadowhawk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:51 pm

I am happy as anyone that Jameis has looked better. But Looking at the Defenses we have faced recently puts it in perspective a bit.

Rank of teams average Yards Per Game:

Jags: 25
Skins: 9
Falcons: 19
Giants: 31

The Giants and Atlanta are top 5 for interceptions while Jacksonville and Washington are bottom 5.

NY, Atlanta and Washington are bottom 3 for sacks and Jacksonville is 17th. While Carolina and Tennessee (Jameis's really bad games) rank top 10.

I will be interested to see how he does against teams that bring pressure. St Louis ranks #2.
Last edited by Shadowhawk on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowhawk

Postby Heisenberg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:54 pm

DK has ALOT to do with the 3 n out imptovement..
Heisenberg

Postby deltbucs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Oline gets the credit from me. They allow for mostly positive yardage in the running game and time for Winston to throw.

Agreed....I don't think that the OL is getting enough credit. They weren't so good in the run game on Sunday, but they game Winston enough time in the pocket. Winston did a good job hanging in until the last minute and taking a shot while delivering the ball. It didn't seemed like many were too big on DK coming in, but I was a big fan of bringing him in. It's all around nice to see some life from the O and it's been a team effort outside of the pass catchers.
deltbucs

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions