Is Winston on this team next year?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Is Winston on this team next year?

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:50 pm

PetePierson wrote:And menage with Salma Hayek and Kristine Leahy sure would be fun.

Especially if that dream never ended.

Wow! After all your fawning over Gal Godot, you sure were quick to through her under the bus here. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:
PetePierson wrote:And menage with Salma Hayek and Kristine Leahy sure would be fun.

Especially if that dream never ended.

Wow! After all your fawning over Gal Godot, you sure were quick to through her under the bus here. :lol:

She had her chance.
Last edited by PetePierson on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetePierson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:27 pm

PetePierson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Wow! After all your fawning over Gal Godot, you sure were quick to through her under the bus here. :lol:

She had chance.

Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:39 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:lol idk if anyone else has done the math (or if its been mentioned in this thread - woops!), but if Jameis makes the same exact statistical improvement next year that Carson Palmer made from year 1 to the second full year of starting, Jameis's stats would be:

5,583 Yards
48 TDs
15 Ints
9.5 Y/A

No thanks, I've been told 15 INTs is unacceptable under any circumstance.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:41 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:lol idk if anyone else has done the math (or if its been mentioned in this thread - woops!), but if Jameis makes the same exact statistical improvement next year that Carson Palmer made from year 1 to the second full year of starting, Jameis's stats would be:

5,583 Yards
48 TDs
15 Ints
9.5 Y/A

Sorry bmd, you're just the last person I've seen post this and I wanna go on my soapbox.

If anyone doesn't know, and is reading this stat, the reason people always put "second full year" is because Palmer only played 6 games in his second year under Arians. He played well (271 yards per game, 11 TD to 3 INT) but he didn't really take off until his third year under Arians (4,600 yards, 35 TD, 11 INT). So he had three full training camps and 22 games started when he started his "second full year" under Arians. Not to mention, he was also 36 years old.

In short, if Jameis sucks again next year, get ready to hear "but Palmer didn't really take off until this third year under Arians."
Deuce

Postby NYBF » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Deuce wrote:

5,583 Yards
48 TDs
15 Ints
9.5 Y/A

Sorry bmd, you're just the last person I've seen post this and I wanna go on my soapbox.

If anyone doesn't know, and is reading this stat, the reason people always put "second full year" is because Palmer only played 6 games in his second year under Arians. He played well (271 yards per game, 11 TD to 3 INT) but he didn't really take off until his third year under Arians (4,600 yards, 35 TD, 11 INT). So he had three full training camps and 22 games started when he started his "second full year" under Arians. Not to mention, he was also 36 years old.

In short, if Jameis sucks again next year, get ready to hear "but Palmer didn't really take off until this third year under Arians."

Once Winston's future is official, assuming he's back, I'll be starting a thread / poll for people to get on record before the season starts to say how much longer he needs to learn the offense.
NYBF

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:48 pm

He just needs more time. Once he is 10 years in, he may...just may throw fewer than 20 INTs with 5 taken back for a TD.

#TeamWinston
PetePierson

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Dotson has been quoted as saying that he’s pretty certain Jameis will be back. I don’t have the link any more, but I believe he said “100%.”

I forget the site that reported it , but think I got to it via Reddit.
Deja Entendu

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Dotson has been quarter as saying that he’s pretty certain Jameis will be back. I don’t have the link any more, but I believe he said “100%.”

If that's the case, despite what Swashy said, it would mean Arians wants him back not Licht. Licht will do whatever BA wants in the case of JW. Imo only, of course.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:56 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Dotson has been quarter as saying that he’s pretty certain Jameis will be back. I don’t have the link any more, but I believe he said “100%.”

DN posted something similar, think it was from a Pooter Poopcast.

My response is the same; Dotson should be more concerned about his career being over.
PetePierson

Postby MJW » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:29 pm

PetePierson wrote:

My response is the same; Dotson should be more concerned about his career being over.

I guess I could see him as a, "Our top four tackles got hurt, we need a warm body who knows how to line up" type mid-season signing. But he's been cooked since last year. I was surprised he even got this season based on his last few months of 2018. He can't move anymore.
MJW

Postby Deuce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Dotson has been quoted as saying that he’s pretty certain Jameis will be back. I don’t have the link any more, but I believe he said “100%.”

We all know Jameis being back is a very real possibility. But Dotson is a FA tackle who is probably done with the team, if not his career. Are they keeping him informed on FA decisions?

We can all put the pieces together, but I don't think anyone outside of Arians or Licht, or others who are very close to them, know with certainty what the decision will be right now. If you wanna start talking about contract negotiations and what Jameis' side is saying, I really don't think anyone knows.
Deuce

Postby Doctor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

5,583 Yards
48 TDs
15 Ints
9.5 Y/A

No thanks, I've been told 15 INTs is unacceptable under any circumstance.

We could go 14-2 and ABW will still bitch about the two losses we had because Winston threw 4 INTs in each of them.

It's really hard to gauge Winston's market out there. And this is one of the fattest QB FA Classes in a really long time.
Doctor

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:58 pm

MJW wrote:
PetePierson wrote:

I guess I could see him as a, "Our top four tackles got hurt, we need a warm body who knows how to line up" type mid-season signing. But he's been cooked since last year. I was surprised he even got this season based on his last few months of 2018. He can't move anymore.

Yeah, he's been on a decline since late 2017 and fell off a cliff this season. But he had a hell of a career in the trenches and for this franchise.

Ain't mad at him.
PetePierson

Postby Doctor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:03 pm

There's nothing preventing us from moving Smith to RT if we find ourselves a better LT.
Doctor

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Doctor wrote:There's nothing preventing us from moving Smith to RT if we find ourselves a better LT.

I said the same thing a few days ago and got flamed.

#SadInPants
PetePierson

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 am

Deuce wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:Dotson has been quoted as saying that he’s pretty certain Jameis will be back. I don’t have the link any more, but I believe he said “100%.”

We all know Jameis being back is a very real possibility. But Dotson is a FA tackle who is probably done with the team, if not his career. Are they keeping him informed on FA decisions?

We can all put the pieces together, but I don't think anyone outside of Arians or Licht, or others who are very close to them, know with certainty what the decision will be right now. If you wanna start talking about contract negotiations and what Jameis' side is saying, I really don't think anyone knows.

You are exactly right. Dot's thoughts on this are no different from any rando on reddit. No different at all. :roll:
Caradoc

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:40 am

Caradoc wrote:You are exactly right. Dot's thoughts on this are no different from any rando on reddit. No different at all. :roll:

What else is Ole Man River going to say? Dude is probably trying to hang on for one more paycheck, you think he is going to give his true feelings or anything other than a glowing review of your hero?

Oh #TeamWinston, you fools make me giggle.
PetePierson

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:43 am

PetePierson wrote:
Caradoc wrote:You are exactly right. Dot's thoughts on this are no different from any rando on reddit. No different at all. :roll:

What else is Ole Man River going to say? Dude is probably trying to hang on for one more paycheck, you think he is going to give his true feelings or anything other than a glowing review of your hero?

Honestly? He would just not say anything, imo.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 am

Buc2 wrote:
PetePierson wrote:

Honestly? He would just not say anything, imo.

The quote is from a podcast, right? The entire point is to run his trap. Even if it were an an official media interview; I can't see him replying with a "no comment".
Possibly could go with; "That is between management and the Human Turnover Machine. I do not talk about other people's contract / money".

But even if he did say that, we would all interpret it as he / the team really doesn't want Jameis back.
PetePierson

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:12 am

PetePierson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Honestly? He would just not say anything, imo.

The quote is from a podcast, right? The entire point is to run his trap. Even if it were an an official media interview; I can't see him replying with a "no comment".
Possibly could go with; "That is between management and the Human Turnover Machine. I do not talk about other people's contract / money".

But even if he did say that, we would all interpret it as he / the team really doesn't want Jameis back.

Perhaps. You opinion carries just as much weight as mine. So who knows? I'm fine with moving on from JW, but I still think he will be starting come this September's 1st regular season game.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 am

Buc2 wrote:
PetePierson wrote:

Perhaps. You opinion carries just as much weight as mine. So who knows? I'm fine with moving on from JW, but I still think he will be starting come this September's 1st regular season game.

Yes, they are both utterly worthless. Same for the 50ish or so other regulars that post here.

I too am resigned to the fact that Tampa will be stuck with this dolt for at least another season. But it could be for less than the tag since no other team is giving him $30 MM or whatever insane Ballin' number he and his agent thinks he is going to get.

And bonus for BZ, I will be around much less (if at all) as will MJM and a few other long time posters. So #TeamWinston can have a jerk fest to another 30 INTs, cry that he just needs more time, turnovers don't matter, it is the defenses's fault that he threw another pick 6, it is the running game, the oline and the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll.
PetePierson

Postby GrownishBF » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 am

Doctor wrote:There's nothing preventing us from moving Smith to RT if we find ourselves a better LT.

Nothing except logic.

Look, I think Smith is a below average LT but why move him to a position he's never played before and expect an improvement? I think it would be worse since he's learning a new spot. Best thing would be to get tackles for both spot and let the new LT take over in 2021. Bucs are stuck with him next season because of that contract.
GrownishBF

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:52 am

GrownishBF wrote:

Nothing except logic.

Look, I think Smith is a below average LT but why move him to a position he's never played before and expect an improvement? I think it would be worse since he's learning a new spot. Best thing would be to get tackles for both spot and let the new LT take over in 2021. Bucs are stuck with him next season because of that contract.

You know nothing about the game (which is obvious) and even less about OLine. If one can play LT (regardless of how poorly) in the NFL, they most certainly can play RT.
Please don't make me provide a list of MANY less than serviceable LTs that swung over to RT and were just fine.

RT is by far the easiest position on the line to pickup, **** - maybe the easiest of the entire field.
PetePierson

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am

PetePierson wrote:
GrownishBF wrote:
Nothing except logic.

You know nothing about the game (which is obvious) and even less about OLine. If one can play LT (regardless of how poorly) in the NFL, they most certainly can play RT.
Please don't make me provide a list of MANY less than serviceable LTs that swung over to RT and were just fine.

RT is by far the easiest position on the line to pickup, **** - maybe the easiest of the entire field.

For Bootzish to see.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:06 am

JC Cornell from the TheDraftNetwork, who is also a local Bucs fan and wannabe Bucs insider (who has had some scoops in the past) commented there is a "High possibility" the Bucs move on from Winston this offseason.

My hunch is his source is BA's son based on past scoops.
DreadNaught

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:JC Cornell from the TheDraftNetwork, who is also a local Bucs fan and wannabe Bucs insider (who has had some scoops in the past) commented there is a "High possibility" the Bucs move on from Winston this offseason.

Don't you dare tease us like that. Not to mention, you will get a #TeamWinston demerit for such blasphemy.

Go outside and throw 10 INTs with 3 returned for a pick-6 as your penance.

Peace be with you.
PetePierson

Postby GrownishBF » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 am

DreadNaught wrote:JC Cornell from the TheDraftNetwork, who is also a local Bucs fan and wannabe Bucs insider (who has had some scoops in the past) commented there is a "High possibility" the Bucs move on from Winston this offseason.

That likely does mean a high draft pick at QB if he actually has some insight.
GrownishBF

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 am

PetePierson wrote:

Don't you dare tease us like that. Not to mention, you will get a #TeamWinston demerit for such blasphemy.

Go outside and throw 10 INTs with 3 returned for a pick-6 as your penance.

Peace be with you.

Praise Be.

Just passing along a nugget from a guy whose been right on some scoops since BA arrived.

I'd be surprised, but not shocked. There is certainly a good argument for moving on and Winston can only look in mirror for putting the franchise in the position where they would decide to move on from a player they've invested so much in and had such great expectations for. Nobody wanted Jameis to succeed more than the Glazers and Licht.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 am

This is actually a smart take. Thirty seconds after news breaks no one gives a **** about who had it wrong. Be the only guy to pick the other way. if you're right, you get credibility and clicks. If you're wrong you go back to being a forgotten schlub.
NYBF

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions