Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:36 am

Turnover machine Jameis gets benched, Fitzpatrick comes in and lights it up. Turnover machine Fitzpatrick gets benched, Jameis comes in and lights it up. Stop messing with my head! There has to be an answer! Why? Why? Why!!! I’m not even talking about the shittiest part of this team either. Yeah I’m talking to you 94% allowing completion defense. Oh, let me retract statements from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017. Most frustrating game ever!

1.) Peyton Barber is the one shining star of the game. It’s like watching Blair Witch Project 2 and saying okay this movie sucks but I know that Jeffery Donovan guy is going to breakout and give us a marginal performance for seven seasons on USA Original series in the future.
2.) Another surprise. I had zero expectations of putting Jameis on my analysis again this year, let alone it being in the like column.
3.) I don’t care. Cut Brate and give his money to Humphries. I want this guy around for a long time. Just kidding, OJ was hurt we need Brate. Cut Anger, I haven’t seen him in two weeks.
4.) Jason Pierre-Paul was so happy of his performance against his former team he decided to do the splits. Hopefully you’re okay buddy. Seriously. Be okay.

Dislikes:
1.) Ever hear the expression the game was lost on the coin toss? Well check this out. Bucs win the toss. Defer. Giants score a touchdown. Bucs receive the ball first in the second half. GIANTS SCORE A TOUCHDOWN!
2.) Adarius Taylor apparently left he admirable playing ability with the Glanton name.
3.) 1 offensive drive in the first quarter. So glad we’re working on that starting fast aspect of the game. Oh and that drive ended in our first failed 4th down attempt of the season.
4.) Giants 2nd drive, no third downs.
5.) Eli Manning’s only incompletion was Barkley’s drop at the end of the first half? I mean, we do at least have Brent Grimes right? The man who led the league a few years ago in passes defended? Although I guess he was considering retirement this off-season. This has been a Macy Gray year for him. He tried to walk away but he stumbled.
6.) Got to love Chris Spielman talking about how an offense attacks the defenders with their hands on their hips, and a shot of our defense shows the only guy with hands on his hips is Gerald McCoy.
7.) Two other dislikes. Penalties on punts and leaving a team’s biggest weapon wide open. They’ve just occurred so much I’ve run out of jokes for them.

Random:
1.) Mario Edwards Jr.? Really? The longneck?
2.) How many times are we going to have to see old Chris Spielman photos? Seriously I’ve seen Kevin Sorbo’s muscle loss since Hercules. I don’t need to see Spielman’s too.
3.) FOX come on! Breaking News on Alex Smith in the runner. That’s tactless.

Overall:
I try and remind myself that the Raheem and Lovie days were worse, and they were. But those squads didn’t have the talent this team does. I mean, if we’re going to comeback every week to lose by a narrow margin, I at least want to see some chest bumping. That’s all I’m saying.
IchabodCrane84

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:56 am

Suggestion, start Grif and then if needed Winston wont have so many points to overcome.

Sure would like to know who told Fitz to become the dog...
mdb1958

Postby BUCCABEER » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:07 am

Good stuff as always. I especially chuckled at the Brent Grimes and Macy Gray comment.

I know it hasn't been been what the Glazers typically do, but they need to let Koetter go now. Put him out of his misery. There's no way to really understand what's happened this season. We turn the ball over like a High School football team and yet find ways to have 500 yards of offense and have almost comeback to win multiple games this year. Our first two draft picks have been complete disasters, our kicking game is still our kicking game, and we finally have a historical defense again.....

I think for the players that will remain with the team, signaling change is coming might put a positive on what has been a negative season. Nobody is going to take control this year and right the ship, but we might as well change the emotions in the locker room.

Jameis has one more shot to prove he should be on this team. I like what he did and said yesterday, but we've heard that song and seen that dance before. The good news is you only have to do this 6 more times this year!
BUCCABEER

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:17 am

BUCCABEER wrote:I know it hasn't been been what the Glazers typically do, but they need to let Koetter go now. Put him out of his misery.

This. We all know he's done. He knows he's done. His players know he's done. What point are the Glazers trying to prove by trotting him back out there to fail? If they're trying to establish themselves as patient ownership, that ship sailed when they fired Schiano and Lovie after two years each. Let's just give Duffner the title and let the year run out.
MJW

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:48 am

Anybody with a candle half lit knows the day one walks out should be the day one walks in.
mdb1958

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:57 pm

At this point name Monken interim.
Caradoc

Postby Seamen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 pm

You nailed it, it’s so frustrating because we actually have talent now. Bunch of mentally soft ones but hey they are talented
Seamen

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I am no Koetter groupie, but the man has given us our greatest offense ever, IN SPITE of our designated turnover machines. Why doesn’t this give any of you pause?
Babeinbucland

Postby NYBF » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm

How the hell do you half light a candle?
NYBF

Postby IronDog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:46 pm

NYBF wrote:How the hell do you half light a candle?

Carefully, but in a half-assed way.
IronDog

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:I am no Koetter groupie, but the man has given us our greatest offense ever, IN SPITE of our designated turnover machines. Why doesn’t this give any of you pause?

How can people seriously think this way?
Deuce

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 pm

It’s gotten so bad that I believe Santos should go in the like colum for 5-5 on XP’s
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:It’s gotten so bad that I believe Santos should go in the like colum for 5-5 on XP’s

I agree, but I am so tired of talking about our kicking game.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Deuce wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:I am no Koetter groupie, but the man has given us our greatest offense ever, IN SPITE of our designated turnover machines. Why doesn’t this give any of you pause?

How can people seriously think this way?

I truly should not have used the word greatest offense I should’ve said most productive offense
Babeinbucland

Postby BUCCABEER » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:40 pm

There's a difference between being able to make an offense work with a group of talented players and making a Team of 53 men on Sunday come together to win a freakin football game.
BUCCABEER

Postby Snake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Licht doesn’t get a 3rd coach. I know there’s a group of fans who think Koetter was forced on Licht. Maybe. Maybe not. I’m guessing not. Either way, he’s assembled an all time bad defense after years of drafts and FA signings. And somehow a historic offense through 10 games (yardage) doesn’t have a QB worth a damn and may have been smoke and mirrors.

Who takes over for Koetter?

Monken? I don’t see it. Duffner? Ehh. Worst case scenario is one of these guys gets the team motivated (Duffer could do it) and we run off a 7-9 record or something. That does nothing but muddy the waters and hide the deficiency of talent.

Let the team wallow in its mediocrity. Get the pick. Then fire everyone. Figure out which players have any heart at all.

You know what **** it. Fire Koetter I hate him.
Snake

Postby IronDog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:22 pm

BUCCABEER wrote:

There's a difference between being able to make an offense work with a group of talented players and making a Team of 53 men on Sunday come together to win a freakin football game.

How DARE you trying to be all logical and stuff. The NERVE!
IronDog

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:00 pm

My only take away is that Winston or Fitz should both not start. Then let one of them come in to win the game... just don't wait so long. They both suck as starters this year, but appear to be good closers. Too bad this is not baseball.
UbuntuBuc

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 pm

NYBF wrote:How the hell do you half light a candle?

Cut a birthday candle in half, put the lower end in your right ear and the wick end in your left ear and light it.
mdb1958

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Snake wrote:Licht doesn’t get a 3rd coach. I know there’s a group of fans who think Koetter was forced on Licht. Maybe. Maybe not. I’m guessing not.

So, you're saying Licht hired Lovie? Do tell...
Caradoc

Postby Snake » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 pm

I‘m aware Lovie was appointed prior to Licht’s hire. I meant 3rd coach to work with.
Snake

Return to Team Discussions