***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Nano » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Deuce wrote:
Nano wrote:That excitement was already pretty low to begin with. Coming off our most disappointing season in awhile, fans were already pretty much writing off this upcoming season. Hell, most thought that this was likely Dirk's last year here even after the moves we made.

Now, it's just a sense of dread when you think about the Bucs. This fanbase is split on what they think...most other fanbases are actively rooting against the Bucs now. We're no longer considered that darkhorse team again...now we're mostly looked as a team on the verge of a major collapse


Reading r/nfl gives you a pretty wide spectrum of fandom. From that, I've learned that we're basically like the Browns to most fans. Except the Browns have this "lovable loser" vibe going for them. We're just forgotten. Maybe a better example would be the Jags of the past few years.

Nah, the Jags had that lovable loser vibe going too. Most people felt sorry for their fans cause they stuck so long with Bradley. With us, they pretty much feel no sympathy and certain groups are openly hostile against us. Most of them want us to fail next year...even non-divisional fans. We've become a bad guy of the NFL
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby MJW » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Nano wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Reading r/nfl gives you a pretty wide spectrum of fandom. From that, I've learned that we're basically like the Browns to most fans. Except the Browns have this "lovable loser" vibe going for them. We're just forgotten. Maybe a better example would be the Jags of the past few years.

Nah, the Jags had that lovable loser vibe going too. Most people felt sorry for their fans cause they stuck so long with Bradley. With us, they pretty much feel no sympathy and certain groups are openly hostile against us. Most of them want us to fail next year...even non-divisional fans. We've become a bad guy of the NFL


The 70s Raiders were the bad boys of the NFL, because they were winning games and pissing people off.

We're the 2000s Raiders.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8306
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Winston missing 3 games isn't going to make or break our season. He's not what Aaron Rodgers is [to] the Packers for us



Last year Ryan Fitzpatrick played 3 games and won two.
Jameis played 13 games and won three.

Jameis is the better QB, but that is a telling stat regarding his importance.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4086
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Caradoc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Winston missing 3 games isn't going to make or break our season. He's not what Aaron Rodgers is [to] the Packers for us



Last year Ryan Fitzpatrick played 3 games and won two.
Jameis played 13 games and won three.

Jameis is the better QB, but that is a telling stat regarding his importance.


What's MORE telling is 5 of those losses with Winston came after we had leads in the 4th quarter. Y'all are gonna learn soon enough that the ultimate team game isn't decided by 1 player alone.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21965
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby MJW » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Last year Ryan Fitzpatrick played 3 games and won two.
Jameis played 13 games and won three.

Jameis is the better QB, but that is a telling stat regarding his importance.


What's MORE telling is 5 of those losses with Winston came after we had leads in the 4th quarter. Y'all are gonna learn soon enough that the ultimate team game isn't decided by 1 player alone.


I mean...truth...1 player doesn't decide a football game.

At the same time, clutch is a thing and how many examples of it does anyone recall from the first three years of Jameis? Taking the football late in the game, marching down the field, and winning time. I'm seriously asking. I can remember a handful of drives. Not as many as you'd really like from the erstwhile franchise QB.

Besides, if the implication is that those 5 losses all involved Winston not getting a chance to win the game at the end, I know that's not true. It's fair to say that yes, the defense needed to hold more often, and also that yes, Winston had an opportunity to win some of those games late anyway, and didn't.

But it is what it is. Winston is hurtling towards his future, and it will be decided shortly.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8306
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Hatter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 am

MJW wrote: Winston is hurtling towards his future, and it will be decided shortly.

This..
I still hope the best for Winston, the Uber thing was over 2 years ago and it has finally caught up with him and he should definitely be held accountable (does not excuse him by any means) but what it does at least show me is that he has basically not done anything stupid in the 2 years since.
I hope that becomes the norm for him.
If however he does something stupid like this again? I will be completely done with him.. He has had more than enough chances to show he is trying to grow up and 1 more catastophic act of stupidity will (and should) be the end for him.
(I really, really hope he's good from here on out, its like Im tired of apologizing and making excuses for him)
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There's a total of $96 million wrapped up in that defense (2nd in the league) so they had damned well play better.



Oh they will , don’t you worry

# downwithjpp
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Nano » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Not like they can play much worse :|
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Jameis getting a little salty over the T-shirt he wore saying “me against the world” or something

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaboowins/st ... 2455860224
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Super K » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Jameis getting a little salty over the T-shirt he wore saying “me against the world” or something

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaboowins/st ... 2455860224



He didn't wear it, his trainer did..

And they are league sanctioned shirts but media folks (Greg Auman)
have freaked out like JW did it all himself...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 6750
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Super K wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Jameis getting a little salty over the T-shirt he wore saying “me against the world” or something

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jaboowins/st ... 2455860224



He didn't wear it, his trainer did..

And they are league sanctioned shirts but media folks (Greg Auman)
have freaked out like JW did it all himself...


They were talk My about it a lot on local sports radio today
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Super K wrote:

He didn't wear it, his trainer did..

And they are league sanctioned shirts but media folks (Greg Auman)
have freaked out like JW did it all himself...


They were talk My about it a lot on local sports radio today


English please. Plinkobot isn't that horrible.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21965
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
They were talk My about it a lot on local sports radio today


English please. Plinkobot isn't that horrible.


Was in a hurry , you get the idea tho
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 3772
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Hit55 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Super K wrote:

He didn't wear it, his trainer did..

And they are league sanctioned shirts but media folks (Greg Auman)
have freaked out like JW did it all himself...


They were talk My about it a lot on local sports radio today

Yeah, and they were the ONLY ones making a big deal about it. They even kept mentioning Ali Marpet has one saying "Ali against the world." It's a league licensed shirt, the trainer wears it to motivate players, and the radio hosts and Auman were THE only people fussing over it and trying to incite a reaction about it.

The only thing worse than those bumbling idiots today was the guy who called in saying "this is Jameis sticking it to Goodell. No one wants to say it, but this is definitely a race thing." That guy was/is a legit moron.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Sweezy. SWEEZY!

<insert image of Capt Kirk screaming>
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Four Verticals » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Hatter wrote:
MJW wrote: Winston is hurtling towards his future, and it will be decided shortly.

This..
I still hope the best for Winston, the Uber thing was over 2 years ago and it has finally caught up with him and he should definitely be held accountable (does not excuse him by any means) but what it does at least show me is that he has basically not done anything stupid in the 2 years since.


Doesn't lying and having his friend lie for him much more recently count?
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby MJW » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Two Non-Mutually Exclusive Takes:

One, getting upset about this is silly.

Two, if I'd been Jameis and I'd seen that, I would have said, "Get that shirt off, you moron, this is not the message I want to be sending right now."

Both those takes can exist together, and do.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8306
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:30 pm

KEITH TANDY

This may have been discussed before (and I missed it) but why does Tandy get such little playing time? More specifically, why is he not the other starting safety opposite Justin Evans?

I ask because every time I see Tandy on the field, he balls out. If our safeties are inter changeable, what is wrong with having two ball hawk safeties on the field at the same time?

Tandy has been on this team since 2012. It is very obvious that he is a smart kid because, well he is still on the team.

Obviously I am not a professional coach, but based on what I have seen our best option at safety is Justan Evans and Tandy on the field at the same time.

So, am I the only one that feels this way? And if my assessment of Tandy is off; please point it out to me.

Take care.
Image
User avatar
bahamian:bucfan
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Freeport, Grand Bahama; Bahamas
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Cheb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:56 pm

bahamian:bucfan wrote:KEITH TANDY

This may have been discussed before (and I missed it) but why does Tandy get such little playing time? More specifically, why is he not the other starting safety opposite Justin Evans?

I ask because every time I see Tandy on the field, he balls out. If our safeties are inter changeable, what is wrong with having two ball hawk safeties on the field at the same time?

Tandy has been on this team since 2012. It is very obvious that he is a smart kid because, well he is still on the team.

Obviously I am not a professional coach, but based on what I have seen our best option at safety is Justan Evans and Tandy on the field at the same time.

So, am I the only one that feels this way? And if my assessment of Tandy is off; please point it out to me.

Take care.


Tandy is tied with LVD as the third longest tenured Buc (behind Dotson and GMac). He's on his third head coach. He played well two years ago, but was apparently hampered by a hamstring injury last year, thus making most of his bread on special teams. We resigned him for another two years. And it's important to remember that Tandy isn't just some kid anymore; he's entering his seventh year in the league.

I think he's definitely in the mix to compete as the starter opposite Evans. If nothing else, he adds a veteran stability and depth that is sorely lacking. And like you said, he's balled out in the past in isolated flashes.

That said, he's never been a great player. If it was written in the stars that he would truly be an impact player, one would think that at least he would be a consistent starter. He averages less than three starts a year, and has never had a season where he's started more than five games. Outside of that stretch of defensive dominace two years ago when everyone was clicking, Tandy has been just good enough to hold onto his roster spot.

Don't hold your breath about him starting.
Image
Cheb
 
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Location: West Coast is best coast
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 314 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Cheb wrote:
bahamian:bucfan wrote:KEITH TANDY

This may have been discussed before (and I missed it) but why does Tandy get such little playing time? More specifically, why is he not the other starting safety opposite Justin Evans?

I ask because every time I see Tandy on the field, he balls out. If our safeties are inter changeable, what is wrong with having two ball hawk safeties on the field at the same time?

Tandy has been on this team since 2012. It is very obvious that he is a smart kid because, well he is still on the team.

Obviously I am not a professional coach, but based on what I have seen our best option at safety is Justan Evans and Tandy on the field at the same time.

So, am I the only one that feels this way? And if my assessment of Tandy is off; please point it out to me.

Take care.


Tandy is tied with LVD as the third longest tenured Buc (behind Dotson and GMac). He's on his third head coach. He played well two years ago, but was apparently hampered by a hamstring injury last year, thus making most of his bread on special teams. We resigned him for another two years. And it's important to remember that Tandy isn't just some kid anymore; he's entering his seventh year in the league.

I think he's definitely in the mix to compete as the starter opposite Evans. If nothing else, he adds a veteran stability and depth that is sorely lacking. And like you said, he's balled out in the past in isolated flashes.

That said, he's never been a great player. If it was written in the stars that he would truly be an impact player, one would think that at least he would be a consistent starter. He averages less than three starts a year, and has never had a season where he's started more than five games. Outside of that stretch of defensive dominace two years ago when everyone was clicking, Tandy has been just good enough to hold onto his roster spot.

Don't hold your breath about him starting.


Thank you for the response Cheb!

Like you said, he played well two years ago. As a result of that play, I was confused as to why he was limited last year. Now I know, he had a ham string injury.

If he is 100% healthy; I honestly feel like he will more than be in the mix to start opposite Evans this year!

Thanks again.

Go Bucs!
Image
User avatar
bahamian:bucfan
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Location: Freeport, Grand Bahama; Bahamas
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:59 pm

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
What's MORE telling is 5 of those losses with Winston came after we had leads in the 4th quarter. Y'all are gonna learn soon enough that the ultimate team game isn't decided by 1 player alone.


I mean...truth...1 player doesn't decide a football game.

At the same time, clutch is a thing and how many examples of it does anyone recall from the first three years of Jameis? Taking the football late in the game, marching down the field, and winning time. I'm seriously asking. I can remember a handful of drives. Not as many as you'd really like from the erstwhile franchise QB.

Besides, if the implication is that those 5 losses all involved Winston not getting a chance to win the game at the end, I know that's not true. It's fair to say that yes, the defense needed to hold more often, and also that yes, Winston had an opportunity to win some of those games late anyway, and didn't.

But it is what it is. Winston is hurtling towards his future, and it will be decided shortly.


I recall several, off the top of my head around 5 or 6 times in Jameis' tenure where he gets the ball back with around 4 minutes left, gives us the lead and then the defense pisses it away in whatever amount of time is left.

It's probably been more times than that.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3788
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:09 pm

The Outsider wrote:
MJW wrote:
I mean...truth...1 player doesn't decide a football game.

At the same time, clutch is a thing and how many examples of it does anyone recall from the first three years of Jameis? Taking the football late in the game, marching down the field, and winning time. I'm seriously asking. I can remember a handful of drives. Not as many as you'd really like from the erstwhile franchise QB.

Besides, if the implication is that those 5 losses all involved Winston not getting a chance to win the game at the end, I know that's not true. It's fair to say that yes, the defense needed to hold more often, and also that yes, Winston had an opportunity to win some of those games late anyway, and didn't.

But it is what it is. Winston is hurtling towards his future, and it will be decided shortly.


I recall several, off the top of my head around 5 or 6 times in Jameis' tenure where he gets the ball back with around 4 minutes left, gives us the lead and then the defense pisses it away in whatever amount of time is left.

It's probably been more times than that.


Off the top of my head, the Bills, Packers, and road game in Carolina had this happen. The Lions game Jamies tied it with a TD pass in the final 2 minutes but our offense never saw the ball again and the Lions won on a FG. And let’s not forget the 3 missed FGs against the Pats.

We have definitely not played complimentary team ball and when you don’t do that you lose.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21965
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:
I recall several, off the top of my head around 5 or 6 times in Jameis' tenure where he gets the ball back with around 4 minutes left, gives us the lead and then the defense pisses it away in whatever amount of time is left.

It's probably been more times than that.


Off the top of my head, the Bills, Packers, and road game in Carolina had this happen. The Lions game Jamies tied it with a TD pass in the final 2 minutes but our offense never saw the ball again and the Lions won on a FG. And let’s not forget the 3 missed FGs against the Pats.

We have definitely not played complimentary team ball and when you don’t do that you lose.


Yep. Jameis is doing fine. If we can put a decent defense together and some semblance of a running game he shouldn't have much trouble at least being a very good quarterback for his career here.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3788
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 am

After recovering from the uber incident depression, I am now once again getting myself excited for Bucs football. Really hoping we've found ourselves a star in Ronald Jones, and if this D can play up to it's talent level, I think we can do some damage even with Fitz under center.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 836 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 am

real bucs fan wrote:After recovering from the uber incident depression, I am now once again getting myself excited for Bucs football. Really hoping we've found ourselves a star in Ronald Jones, and if this D can play up to it's talent level, I think we can do some damage even with Fitz under center.


Welcome back chicken little. Go Bucs!!

Other than Winston missing 3 games I think this offseason has been pretty ideal. I LOVE that nobody is talking about the Bucs, none of our players were on the top 100, and everyone is counting us out before the season starts. Not that we deserve respect, but those types of things help galvanize a team if there is any pride whatsoever.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11734
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:After recovering from the uber incident depression, I am now once again getting myself excited for Bucs football. Really hoping we've found ourselves a star in Ronald Jones, and if this D can play up to it's talent level, I think we can do some damage even with Fitz under center.


Welcome back chicken little. Go Bucs!!

Other than Winston missing 3 games I think this offseason has been pretty ideal. I LOVE that nobody is talking about the Bucs, none of our players were on the top 100, and everyone is counting us out before the season starts. Not that we deserve respect, but those types of things help galvanize a team if there is any pride whatsoever.

Mike Evans wasn't even listed as a top 3 receiver under 25 years old when polled by fans, writers, and executives. (Jameis wasn't in the top 5 at QB)

0 respect for anyone on our team right now.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Welcome back chicken little. Go Bucs!!

Other than Winston missing 3 games I think this offseason has been pretty ideal. I LOVE that nobody is talking about the Bucs, none of our players were on the top 100, and everyone is counting us out before the season starts. Not that we deserve respect, but those types of things help galvanize a team if there is any pride whatsoever.

Mike Evans wasn't even listed as a top 3 receiver under 25 years old when polled by fans, writers, and executives. (Jameis wasn't in the top 5 at QB)

0 respect for anyone on our team right now.


I'll take wins over respect any day.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21965
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Mike Evans wasn't even listed as a top 3 receiver under 25 years old when polled by fans, writers, and executives. (Jameis wasn't in the top 5 at QB)

0 respect for anyone on our team right now.


I'll take wins over respect any day.

Me too.

I could use some wins this season. I don't want a top 10 pick again!
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Welcome back chicken little. Go Bucs!!

Other than Winston missing 3 games I think this offseason has been pretty ideal. I LOVE that nobody is talking about the Bucs, none of our players were on the top 100, and everyone is counting us out before the season starts. Not that we deserve respect, but those types of things help galvanize a team if there is any pride whatsoever.

Mike Evans wasn't even listed as a top 3 receiver under 25 years old when polled by fans, writers, and executives. (Jameis wasn't in the top 5 at QB)

0 respect for anyone on our team right now.


I saw that. They had Tyreke Hill and Stephon Diggs over Mike Evans on that team populated by ESPN "insiders".

Nothing against Hill or Diggs, but gtfo here with that nonsense. Diggs is injured all the time and Hill is more gadget player/ST weapon than a WR.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11734
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Mike Evans wasn't even listed as a top 3 receiver under 25 years old when polled by fans, writers, and executives. (Jameis wasn't in the top 5 at QB)

0 respect for anyone on our team right now.


I saw that. They had Tyreke Hill and Stephon Diggs over Mike Evans on that team populated by ESPN "insiders".

Nothing against Hill or Diggs, but gtfo here with that nonsense. Diggs is injured all the time and Hill is more gadget player/ST weapon than a WR.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also finished above Evans.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 108 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rocker and 20 guests