Foles next year

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Foles next year

Postby Caradoc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Carson Wentz in Philly = MVP of the league

Nick Foles in Philly = carried by team.

I've always thought higher of Foles than most (starting when he beat us down in 2012), but the lack of respect for what he did is getting extreme even compared to the past.
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Let's put it out there. Who here thinks if Jameis is Wentz's backup Philly wins the SB?

I don't think they win the NFCCG.
Caradoc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Caradoc wrote:Let's put it out there. Who here thinks if Jameis is Wentz's backup Philly wins the SB?

I don't think they win the NFCCG with Wentz honestly.
Bootz2004

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Let's put it out there. Who here thinks if Jameis is Wentz's backup Philly wins the SB?

Not sure you are serious, but maybe .. it was a hard fought game, but they all were. It was a team detail, and the D swung hard.

Jameis would NOT have won (IMO) .. so it's more on the system.
Crocaneers

Postby Nano » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 pm

I don't think they even reach the NFCCG. The only thing Winston has shown in big games is the ability to crumble, and probably would've fell apart in the divisional game against Atlanta.
Nano

Postby Caradoc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Yeah, I feel that would be more likely, but there's a possibility he ekes that one out. Definitely not the NFCCG though.
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Please, share the thought process that brought you to the this point. I'll hang up and listen.
MJW

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Please, share the thought process that brought you to the this point. I'll hang up and listen.

Still waiting to hear this brilliant calculus that will explain why the MVP candidate wouldn't have won the game, sweetheart.
MJW

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Bump .. just for the hell of it

and the 10 different articles that are circulating currently ..

it's interesting
Crocaneers

Postby Doctor » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am

I'd trade Winston for Foles.
Doctor

Postby Nano » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:56 pm

And that's why you'd be a terrible NFL GM.
Nano

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Doctor wrote:I'd trade Winston for Foles.

Lol
uscbucsfan

Postby Doctor » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Nano wrote:And that's why you'd be a terrible NFL GM.

Why? I'm not here for the next guy I'm here for me. If Winston has a bad year we will probably still take him into his 5th year. We may lose DK as well. Heck I'll probably be out of a job. The kid already cost us 3 games. Foles is a proven winner. Say what you want but Winston would not have won it all with the Eagles last year, Foles did, he's a QB you can win with. Maybe not a Rodgers or Wilson, but you can win. You only have short windows in this league. You go from being 8-8 with Tebow to back to back Superbowls with a GOAT to looking for a QB all over again like that *snap*. You don't have many windows in the NFL. We've put together a damn fine defense and supporting cast. JL has a closing window and IDK if I wouldn't adjust the gamplan if I was him.

I mean, it would never happen. Just saying, if it could, I would.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Doctor wrote:
Nano wrote:And that's why you'd be a terrible NFL GM.

Why? I'm not here for the next guy I'm here for me. If Winston has a bad year we will probably still take him into his 5th year. We may lose DK as well. Heck I'll probably be out of a job. The kid already cost us 3 games. Foles is a proven winner. Say what you want but Winston would not have won it all with the Eagles last year, Foles did, he's a QB you can win with. Maybe not a Rodgers or Wilson, but you can win. You only have short windows in this league. You go from being 8-8 with Tebow to back to back Superbowls with a GOAT to looking for a QB all over again like that *snap*. You don't have many windows in the NFL. We've put together a damn fine defense and supporting cast. JL has a closing window and IDK if I wouldn't adjust the gamplan if I was him.

Foles is also a proven failure. He doesn't have the tools or talent to lead a team at QB without exceptional players around him. His playoff run last year is the ultimate outlier for what has otherwise been a mediocre and inconsistent career. Windows aren't short when you find a QB long term. Denver knew they wouldn't have Manning long term, signing him at age 36. They wanted a ring and got 1.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Doctor wrote:

Foles is also a proven failure. He doesn't have the tools or talent to lead a team at QB without exceptional players around him. His playoff run last year is the ultimate outlier for what has otherwise been a mediocre and inconsistent career. Windows aren't short when you find a QB long term. Denver knew they wouldn't have Manning long term, signing him at age 36. They wanted a ring and got 1.

Man... if Foles is a failure, I'd hate to hear your take on Winston......
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:30 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Man... if Foles is a failure, I'd hate to hear your take on Winston......

I would tell you to watch the tape but you've proven you don't understand football 1 bit so no need. Keep in mind 1 of these guys has been given up on by 3 teams and only got chances to play due to injury. That equal success, right?
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:Man... if Foles is a failure, I'd hate to hear your take on Winston......

I would tell you to watch the tape but you've proven you don't understand football 1 bit so no need. Keep in mind 1 of these guys has been given up on by 3 teams and only got chances to play due to injury. That equal success, right?

Tom Brady says hello.

I'd say success is having a 22-17 W-L record. I'd say success is leading a team to a Super Bowl. I'd say success is having a greater than 2-1 TD-INT ratio. I'd say success is completing 72% of your passes in the playoffs. I'd say success is having an 8-1 TD-INT ratio in the playoffs.

I don't know...it may just be me, but wins, rings, and good stats equal success in my book....sorry if Winston's tape says otherwise as, "I don't understand football 1 nit."
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Tom Brady says hello.

I'd say success is having a 22-17 W-L record. I'd say success is leading a team to a Super Bowl. I'd say success is having a greater than 2-1 TD-INT ratio. I'd say success is completing 72% of your passes in the playoffs. I'd say success is having an 8-1 TD-INT ratio in the playoffs.

I don't know...it may just be me, but wins, rings, and good stats equal success in my book....sorry if Winston's tape says otherwise as, "I don't understand football 1 nit."

Tom Brady makes my point. He only needed 1 chance and he took it, ran and never looked back. Foles got a chance, had a 27-2 TD/INT ratio and turned that into 13/10 ratio the following year. The next year it dropped to 7/10. He’s been inconsistent. Do you disagree?

The entire basis of his “success” that you’re alluding to is 4 games. 4 great games, no question about it. But 4 games nonetheless. NFL GMs and organizations aren’t going to ignore the majority of his career in favor of just looking at 4 playoff games. 22-17? Is that good enough for any team to cast out their 1st overall pick from 3 years ago? Not a chance. Especially considering that QBs arrow has done nothing but point upwards in his onfield progression. Foles has been up, down, down more, up again. You’d be lying if you knew what you got.

Let’s put this another way. Say instead of the playoffs those 4 games occurred from weeks 7-10. Would we be having this conversation right now?
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm

We are having this same conversation RIGHT NOW... jimmy g played what 5 games for SF and they made him the richest man in NFL.

Your logic is flawed
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 pm

acmillis wrote:We are having this same conversation RIGHT NOW... jimmy g played what 5 games for SF and they made him the richest man in NFL.

Your logic is flawed

Your logic seems to be the less you see of a QB the more you like them. That’s way more flawed.
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:We are having this same conversation RIGHT NOW... jimmy g played what 5 games for SF and they made him the richest man in NFL.

Your logic is flawed

Your logic seems to be the less you see of a QB the more you like them. That’s way more flawed.

You're backpedal game is strong. You gave a hypothetical scenario that you forgot actually happened and made my point for me... then you deflect.
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:46 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You're backpedal game is strong. You gave a hypothetical scenario that you forgot actually happened and made my point for me... then you deflect.

Not at all. Jimmy G had the 5 games plus his time in New England. He's looked good in his limited time. Foles on the other hand has been inconsistent and hasn't shown the ability to lead like Jimmy G has.

Now I'll say again, your logic is the less you see of a QB the more you like them. Do you disagree?
Bootz2004

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:You're backpedal game is strong. You gave a hypothetical scenario that you forgot actually happened and made my point for me... then you deflect.

Not at all. Jimmy G had the 5 games plus his time in New England. He's looked good in his limited time. Foles on the other hand has been inconsistent and hasn't shown the ability to lead like Jimmy G has.

Now I'll say again, your logic is the less you see of a QB the more you like them. Do you disagree?

You got me slipperz... I've seen tom Brady a ton and I've never seen baker mayfield... clearly baker would be my choice.

The funny part of this conversation... JW has more starts than foles
acmillis

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:00 pm

acmillis wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You got me slipperz... I've seen tom Brady a ton and I've never seen baker mayfield... clearly baker would be my choice.

And you’re advocating for Foles which is right in line with your flawed logic. Now look who’s backpedaling.

Class is dismissed, kyddo.
Bootz2004

Postby Nano » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:18 pm

I'll admit that I'm one of Winston's biggest critics on this board but trading him for Foles because he won the SB is just stupid. He had a great playoff series...but come on. His 2 good seasons have been Chip Kellys first year with his new special super-paced offense and last year when he had arguably the best roster in the NFL(And Doug Pederson created some really good gameplans).

His last 3 years before that?

Nano

Postby acmillis » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
acmillis wrote:You got me slipperz... I've seen tom Brady a ton and I've never seen baker mayfield... clearly baker would be my choice.

And you’re advocating for Foles which is right in line with your flawed logic. Now look who’s backpedaling.

Class is dismissed, kyddo.

Where am I advocating for Foles? Im just dispelling you're hot takes
acmillis

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:30 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Doctor wrote:I'd trade Winston for Foles.

Lol
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Buc2 wrote:The only thing I'd pay Foles for would be to backup my franchise QB.

Well if we trade for Foles we would more than likely still have our first round pick next year to draft our franchise QB. Considering our schedule this year our pick should be pretty high.
Agent Orange

Postby Onthebrink » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm

To be fair Foles was playing under Jeff Fisher for the Rams and their Offensive Line was terrible. Look how much better Keenum was after he got away from Fisher. Goff also improved a lot with Fisher gone. Pretty sure Foles numbers would look a little better if he played in McVays offense. Not saying the Bucs should trade for him.
Onthebrink

Postby MarineBuc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 am

Onthebrink wrote:To be fair Foles was playing under Jeff Fisher for the Rams and their Offensive Line was terrible. Look how much better Keenum was after he got away from Fisher. Goff also improved a lot with Fisher gone. Pretty sure Foles numbers would look a little better if he played in McVays offense. Not saying the Bucs should trade for him.

Jeff Fisher is/was an AWFUL NFL coach and his accumen for assembling an OL are woeful at best...he damn near got Sam Bradford killed.

The Winston situation has really left the entire organization in a **** spot...I don't know if Foles is the answer. I have heard tons of pontification concerning Foles and also Bridgewater.

It's a Bucs Life.
Last edited by MarineBuc on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarineBuc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions