Signing In [PENDING INFORMATION]

Signing In [PENDING INFORMATION]

Postby Jimmy McGill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Anyone else have to sign in every time they visit the board? I checked the box to keep me signed in, but on my next visit I have to log in again.
Jimmy McGill

Re: Signing In

Postby A Man's Part » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Jimmy McGill wrote:Anyone else have to sign in every time they visit the board? I checked the box to keep me signed in, but on my next visit I have to log in again.

I think 2 other people have so far. Can't say I have the same problem.

Maybe you have a corrupt cookie or something...
A Man's Part

Postby Jimmy McGill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Doesn't happen all the time. I was already logged in just now.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Corsair » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:29 am

It happens when I am accessing the mobile site.
Corsair

Postby Teitan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:44 am

I'm suddenly having this problem now. While viewing the desktop version on my phone
Teitan

Postby Jimmy McGill » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:04 pm

I just had to log in again. I always check the box to keep me signed in. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm using a desktop PC.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Heisenberg » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Ya its random for me too.
Heisenberg

Postby Jimmy McGill » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:24 pm

It must be a Breaking Bad conspiracy against Heisenberg and Jimmy (Saul Goodman) McGill.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:54 am

I access via phone and laptop, and never have a problem
Last edited by Crocaneers on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocaneers

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:44 am

This still happens for me randomly, and more often then not. It is quite annoying.
Babeinbucland

Postby Deuce » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Happens to me, too. In addition, I'll be reading a thread and hit "Post Reply", then it takes me to the log-in screen, then when I log in it just takes me back to the Board Index. Half the time I lose my train of thought on what I wanted to say!
Deuce

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:48 am

Same thing here, but not every time. Probably every other day.
PrimeMinister

Postby Jimmy McGill » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Still not fixed. Some days it'll keep me logged in for a few days and then other times only for a day. I've tried deleting all board cookies but it doesn't help.
Jimmy McGill

Postby acmillis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 am

Jimmy McGill wrote:Still not fixed. Some days it'll keep me logged in for a few days and then other times only for a day. I've tried deleting all board cookies but it doesn't help.

acmillis

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:19 pm

I need some help regarding this to further diagnose this issue.

I can see that the issue happens, because it has happened to me and many other members are seeing the issue.

When you check the box "keep me logged in forever" the software should provide a cookie to your browser. This Cookie establishes a 'Session ID' which should be valid for 1 year and checked on subsequent visits. From all accounts that I've tested, I can see that the board does set this cookie. However, there seems to be some problem on subsequent visits.

Chrome Users:
Next time you see this issue and before you log in navigate to chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar of your browser use the 'search cookies' box for 'buczone.com'. Click on buczone.com to see your cookies.

Click on the cookie named phpbb_mnggk_sid and PM the contents of it to me. If this cookie is not there, please post it in this thread.

It is a bit tougher to get this data in IE, so I won't include the instructions. I would think enough users are using chrome that we can use it to debug.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Signing In [PENDING INFORMATION]

Postby Admin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:09 am

I have another piece of information I would like to help diagnose this problem.

Do those of you experience it find yourself using several different wifi?

Do you experience the problem when going from one wifi network to another?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy McGill » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 pm

PM sent.

Admin wrote:I need some help regarding this to further diagnose this issue.

I can see that the issue happens, because it has happened to me and many other members are seeing the issue.

When you check the box "keep me logged in forever" the software should provide a cookie to your browser. This Cookie establishes a 'Session ID' which should be valid for 1 year and checked on subsequent visits. From all accounts that I've tested, I can see that the board does set this cookie. However, there seems to be some problem on subsequent visits.

Chrome Users:
Next time you see this issue and before you log in navigate to chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar of your browser use the 'search cookies' box for 'buczone.com'. Click on buczone.com to see your cookies.

Click on the cookie named phpbb_mnggk_sid and PM the contents of it to me. If this cookie is not there, please post it in this thread.

It is a bit tougher to get this data in IE, so I won't include the instructions. I would think enough users are using chrome that we can use it to debug.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:09 am

Since the board started I am still having this issue with iPad. When I exit this site, and come back to it even 10 minutes later, even though I checked 'keep me logged in', I have to login each time. I don't seem to have this problem with other sites, I.e. Facebook etc. I am using Safari. Must die get chrome on my iPad to fix this issue?
Babeinbucland

Postby NYBF » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:Since the board started I am still having this issue with iPad. When I exit this site, and come back to it even 10 minutes later, even though I checked 'keep me logged in', I have to login each time. I don't seem to have this problem with other sites, I.e. Facebook etc. I am using Safari. Must die get chrome on my iPad to fix this issue?

I don't use Apple/Safari anything, so I can't help on that front. But I do use Chrome / FireFox a lot. And with both browsers, when I sign in and check the "log in automatically" box, I never have any problems staying signed in as long as the browser window is open the whole time (when I'm at work, a browser window is always open for some reason). The only time I have to log back in is if I close out the window completely and then come back. And that's a cookies setting I've got.

I guess the question is, when you log in, leave the board, and come back, are you leaving Safari open at all? Or are you closing out of it completely?
NYBF

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Safari stays open. The weirdest part is that 50% of the time I can shut my Ipad off and the next day I am still logged in. Other times, I will go to say, google in another tab and come back to our site and have to log in again. There is so much randomness to this that I cannot make sense out of any of of it. :x

Do you know if there is a way to get chrome on an Ipad, then I could try that...
Babeinbucland

Return to Bug Reports