PM notification no longer working

PM notification no longer working

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:46 pm

I used to receive an email notification when I received a PM, but I'm no longer getting them. I have verified that they aren't getting sent to my Spam folder. I verified that I have the Notify me on new private messages set to yes. I also verified that my listed email address is correct. Is there something I'm missing or is this a new bug?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Re: PM notification no longer working

Postby Teitan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 pm

I think a couple of us may have discussed this a little while ago. I don't think I remember the outcome, though.
Teitan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Got PMs this morning in real time. Works for me just fine.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 am

I'm not having an issue with receiving PMs.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 am

Do you have the popup option turned on? If so, your browser may be blocking the notification popups. That was happening to me. I don't get the emails anymore, though, either.
NYBF

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm aware of the email notification bug, and I've got the BZ tech support team working on fixing it.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:20 pm

NYBF wrote:Do you have the popup option turned on? If so, your browser may be blocking the notification popups. That was happening to me. I don't get the emails anymore, though, either.

I forgot about that. I had it turned on, but my ad blocker may have been preventing it from working. I've removed the ad blocker for this site.

So if you get a PM while you're logged out of the site, do you get the popup notification the next time you log on? If so, then the email really isn't that important. Although, I'm pretty sure I used to get email notifications of PM's.

I also just checked and see that I had www. buczone .com whitelisted on my ad blocker so I thought it wouldn't have blocked notifications.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Buc2 wrote:
NYBF wrote:Do you have the popup option turned on? If so, your browser may be blocking the notification popups. That was happening to me. I don't get the emails anymore, though, either.

I forgot about that. I had it turned on, but my ad blocker may have been preventing it from working. I've removed the ad blocker for this site.

So if you get a PM while you're logged out of the site, do you get the popup notification the next time you log on? If so, then the email really isn't that important. Although, I'm pretty sure I used to get email notifications of PM's.

I also just checked and see that I had www. buczone .com whitelisted on my ad blocker so I thought it wouldn't have blocked notifications.

If you get a PM while you're logged on, you'll get a popup the next time you load any page.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:57 pm

FAKE NEWS!!!! We know Buc 2 doesn't get PMs
Zarniwoop

Return to Bug Reports