Our Current Look

Re: Our Current Look

Postby selmon63 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:34 pm

A lot of hardwork involved in your efforts, thank you so much.
selmon63
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Our Current Look

Postby A Man's Part » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Buc2 wrote:
A Man's Part wrote:

I think you can do that on a post by post basis. I dunno if its the same as the UCP.

I prefer this place to email me as little as possible.


I agree in that I don't want a bunch of emails which is why I wouldn't want to "subscribe" to a thread.

Notify me upon replies by default: Yes No

I thought the above option meant that you would get emails just when one of your own posts was quoted, but instead it acts like you subscribed to the entire thread. Just saying it would be nice to be notified if someone responds directly to me so I could respond back if I wanted, without getting emails for every response in the thread.

Oh well... I'm going to turn it off because, as is, it's ridiculous.


Yeah. That's weird. I wouldn't think it would work that way.
User avatar
A Man's Part
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby PetePierson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:17 pm

PetePierson wrote:appreciate the hard work, time and effort. Thank you.

Not a huge issue, but the front page most recent topic that is active and not the last person who posted?

All of you are idiots. So it is just going to discourage participation if 'NYBF' or 'IronDog' is the first thing we see.


Bump-a-roo.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Oh sure, mock their efforts, berate the finished product, nitpik every detail..... then come in with a fluff piece at the end to toss some salads?

Not going to fly son.


PS - can we get my favorite smilie, the face palm dude? I'm gonna need help around here, TYIA.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby PetePierson » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Oh sure, mock their efforts, berate the finished product, nitpik every detail..... then come in with a fluff piece at the end to toss some salads?

Not going to fly son.


PS - can we get my favorite smilie, the face palm dude? I'm gonna need help around here, TYIA.


Hmmmm, let's review the OP, shall we?

Admin wrote:Have at it. What would you change?


You're a piss poor impostor, but keep taking the HIGH ROAD.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Surrender noted.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Heisenberg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Oh sure, mock their efforts, berate the finished product, nitpik every detail..... then come in with a fluff piece at the end to toss some salads?

Not going to fly son.


PS - can we get my favorite smilie, the face palm dude? I'm gonna need help around here, TYIA.

Its a thread for the sole purpose of suggestions/pointing out issues. Stop whining.
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Heidguy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Man I was off the board for about 10 days and I return to **** pics in every thread and something about new admin. What the Dickens happened?? Besides that I kind dig the new setup. But I'm easy to please, as long as I get the newest info bout my Bucs without dongs all over the threads I'm good.
Heidguy
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Heisenberg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Heidguy wrote:Man I was off the board for about 10 days and I return to **** pics in every thread and something about new admin. What the Dickens happened?? Besides that I kind dig the new setup. But I'm easy to please, as long as I get the newest info bout my Bucs without dongs all over the threads I'm good.

Welcome !
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am

I dont know if its been said, but can we have back where you click on posts of a thread and it shows how many times a member has posted in that thread.

Mousing over a members name in board index to see where they are is nice too.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Wenchy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 am

mdb1958 wrote:Mousing over a members name in board index to see where they are is nice too.


What do you care where people are?
Image
User avatar
Wenchy
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm
Location: Paradise Lost
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 am

Wenchy wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Mousing over a members name in board index to see where they are is nice too.


What do you care where people are?



So I dont waste time finding what their posting ------------------- hello.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 5830
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby MJW » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:09 am

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I love the twitter feed up top. However someone needs to update it more often for it to be useful. Thanks.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby IronDog » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 am

Considering the diversity of our community as well as the volume on Not-Football related topics, what would be the reception to a sub-forum for 4-sale items? The neighborhood I currently reside in does not allow for garage/yard sales and there could be good exposure within.
Image
User avatar
IronDog
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Jimmy McGill » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Under the "Last Post" heading it would be more helpful if it showed the title of the last post instead of who made it.

Also, I'd like to see a preview of the post went I hover the cursor over it.
Image
User avatar
Jimmy McGill
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:47 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Duvalier » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Would there be an option to remove the stars and ratings for threads?
User avatar
Duvalier
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:53 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

I wish the BucZone logo and graphic and Selmon/McKay/etc weren't so big.

The graphics could stand to be downsized compared to the Font and relative resolution.

I could go for something about 2/3 height with more players added to the graphics (like all the ROH members) but not take up so much space at the top of my screen along with the twitter feed.
Image
User avatar
Corsair
 
Posts: 4535
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 262 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Wenchy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:33 am

How about if anyone here has a problem with the appearance or functions of this new board, you voice your concerns here and give the admins an opportunity to do something about it, and keep those types of complaints off the old board? Nothing in regard to this board will be improved by doing that, you're just giving Larry confirmation that the way he operates is how you should run a board. Just a suggestion.
Image
User avatar
Wenchy
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm
Location: Paradise Lost
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby NoAlibi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:42 am

If this place is run/developed by actual members some of not all who date back to the official board.. I already like this place better and I've been more active here in a week than I was at the last place for a year or two.. I don't get the desire to even care what tbaybucs is doing..

Anyway, my only question is regarding the quote limit in a post.. I understand we don't want 80 messages in a string we have to scroll through but what people are doing is just removing the last [ / quote ] tag and leaving all the content of the msg so instead of removing the extra content it's all still there to scroll through only now it looks like a mess because one or two of the messages that are quotes are presented as text in the main body and it runs together and I just think there should be a better way to handle this..
Image
User avatar
NoAlibi
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby PanteraCanes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 am

I was just coming here for a similar thing. Is there a way to make it so when someone quotes a post it only takes the information from the post and leaves out any quote they may have done? That way we don't get some ugly long quote chain going. Also so people don't go in and remove quoted areas wrong. As mentioned you get quotes in the text rather than looking like a quote. You also get quotes where it makes it appear that someone says something they quoted. IE person 1 says something, person 2 quotes it and says something else, person 3 quotes person 2 but removes things in a way that it appears person 2 said what person 1 said.
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby NoAlibi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:I was just coming here for a similar thing. Is there a way to make it so when someone quotes a post it only takes the information from the post and leaves out any quote they may have done? That way we don't get some ugly long quote chain going. Also so people don't go in and remove quoted areas wrong. As mentioned you get quotes in the text rather than looking like a quote. You also get quotes where it makes it appear that someone says something they quoted. IE person 1 says something, person 2 quotes it and says something else, person 3 quotes person 2 but removes things in a way that it appears person 2 said what person 1 said.
i just noticed it with regard to your discussion in the JW vs MM thread... I saw your name quoted and the post was one thing and I'm reading it like I don't remember him saying that at all.. I had to scroll up to make sense of it.. Actually what made me ask about it haha.
Image
User avatar
NoAlibi
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I may have missed it, but can someone explain the little circle icons to the left of each thread? They have lines meant to represent text inside the circles. I get the red circles contain new posts since you last opened that thread. What I don't get is why some of the lines inside the little circles appear to be scrolling while others don't? Also, what does the little red star inside a circle mean?

I guess a legend would be helpful.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 666 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby PetePierson » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Twitter feed is more than a few days old. No point in having the scroll if information is not updating constantly.

Yes, I know we can hide the scroll.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Patrick McIrish » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:I may have missed it, but can someone explain the little circle icons to the left of each thread? They have lines meant to represent text inside the circles. I get the red circles contain new posts since you last opened that thread. What I don't get is why some of the lines inside the little circles appear to be scrolling while others don't? Also, what does the little red star inside a circle mean?

I guess a legend would be helpful.



What can I do for you?
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Wenchy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:17 am

Wenchy wrote:How about if anyone here has a problem with the appearance or functions of this new board, you voice your concerns here and give the admins an opportunity to do something about it, and keep those types of complaints off the old board? Nothing in regard to this board will be improved by doing that, you're just giving Larry confirmation that the way he operates is how you should run a board. Just a suggestion.
Image
User avatar
Wenchy
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm
Location: Paradise Lost
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Doctor » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:03 pm

A quick reply would be great.
And I'm on board the "move the names back to the left side" wagon.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 3665
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:16 pm

So I guess you can only have 2 quotes in a post now? But now we have to manually delete the text ourselves. I'm sure its already being worked on already...
User avatar
Heisenberg
 
Posts: 3042
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Admin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 am

Heisenberg wrote:So I guess you can only have 2 quotes in a post now? But now we have to manually delete the text ourselves. I'm sure its already being worked on already...


This will be fixed shortly.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 am

I have to log in again, every time I come to the board. And yes, I've clicked the log me on automatically box every time.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4853
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Our Current Look

Postby UbuntuBuc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Lots of progress. Thanks for all the effort here guys. The only functionality that I notice as lacking is the ability to 'multi-quote'. It is much easier to quote multiple posts in a single post with that feature.

Here is a link to a discussion thread on it - link and one more that is more recent - link
Image
User avatar
UbuntuBuc
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests