Our Current Look

Our Current Look

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:00 am

Have at it. What would you change? This can hopefully be implemented later in a variety of themes that will be available.
Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Add Sticky.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Our Current Look

Postby Hit55 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 am

I assume the Nerdery section will be making a re-appearance in the not-too-distant future near the Geekery section again, correct?
Hit55

Postby Rocker » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am

Looks good. The profile editing is a bit clunky, and there's something wrong in the database for preferences (SQL query faults out).

I don't want to come off as unappreciative, I know you guys are busting your humps for us, and I appreciate it. Just pointing out a few things is all.

Thanks again!
Rocker

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 am

Rocker wrote:Looks good. The profile editing is a bit clunky, and there's something wrong in the database for preferences (SQL query faults out).

I don't want to come off as unappreciative, I know you guys are busting your humps for us, and I appreciate it. Just pointing out a few things is all.

Thanks again!

Could you try again?

I didn't see that at all during testing. I don't see it now either.

Perhaps, PM me a screenshot.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 am

I really like where this is going! You guys have done a damn good job so far.

One thing is that on the mobile version all posts are same color (makes it hard to distinguish replies).
PrimeMinister

Postby Hit55 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 am

Admin wrote:
Rocker wrote:Looks good. The profile editing is a bit clunky, and there's something wrong in the database for preferences (SQL query faults out).

Thanks again!

Could you try again?

I got the same thing. PM sent.
Hit55

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:22 am

PrimeMinister wrote:I really like where this is going! You guys have done a damn good job so far.

One thing is that on the mobile version all posts are same color (makes it hard to distinguish replies).

The mobile version will be undergoing a full style overhaul shortly, including introduction of Buccaneers colors very soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 am

Hit55 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Could you try again?

I got the same thing. PM sent.

Thanks. I think I have found the issue. it might take a few days to resolve.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy McGill » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:00 am

How about a separate forum for Other Sports?
Jimmy McGill

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Its different,, with avatars and profile info being on the right side and such.
Heisenberg

Postby KJ707 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Not a big fan of the grey background, its not easy on the eyes to read with the black text. I think I may like the other board software better tbh. Let me know if you need any help skinning... Before we did the transition to IPB on Tbaybucs, we used to be on phpBB... So I am somewhat familiar with that. :)
KJ707

Postby BacksidePursuit » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 pm

The profiles on the right side of the replies is just to weird for me. I'd like it changed back if possible.

Thanks for everything. Great board!
BacksidePursuit

Postby Heisenberg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Also can we hyperlink the big bucs flag on the top left to go the the forum index?
Heisenberg

Postby BacksidePursuit » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm really terrible with image sizing and whatnot on the internet. Did the old board automanage your pictures so they fit specifications? I'm trying to link an avatar (same on as last time) and it keeps saying the file is too big.
BacksidePursuit

Postby KJ707 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Also, is there a quick reply option?
KJ707

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm

BacksidePursuit wrote:I'm really terrible with image sizing and whatnot on the internet. Did the old board automanage your pictures so they fit specifications? I'm trying to link an avatar (same on as last time) and it keeps saying the file is too big.

The 6k limit is a lot smaller than the previous board. I have one that around 7-8k size that I was able to use on both the unofficial and the official versions. I was just coming in here to ask if we could have that bumped up some.
PanteraCanes

Postby Jimmy McGill » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Is anyone else having a problem where it shows what time a post was made? It looks like a post made at 2:00 pm for example shows it was made at 2:40 or some other time in the future.
Jimmy McGill

Postby reagan SMASH » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Looks great! Thanks a bunch.

One suggestion. Can we get a preview of the first post when we hover the mouse over the thread title (say, in the Team Discussions forum index)? All it says now is "Unread posts."
reagan SMASH

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:46 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:
BacksidePursuit wrote:I'm really terrible with image sizing and whatnot on the internet. Did the old board automanage your pictures so they fit specifications? I'm trying to link an avatar (same on as last time) and it keeps saying the file is too big.

The 6k limit is a lot smaller than the previous board. I have one that around 7-8k size that I was able to use on both the unofficial and the official versions. I was just coming in here to ask if we could have that bumped up some.

I had the same issue when I was linking to my avatar. after you copy the link, put 90 in the dimensions and it'll resize the image for you.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm

That is display size. My issue is disk drive space. Its limited at 6kb file size in the upload and the file I have that worked on the other boards is reading at 7kb and some change so it won't even let me upload it.
PanteraCanes

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:53 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:That is display size. My issue is disk drive space. Its limited at 6kb file size in the upload and the file I have that worked on the other boards is reading at 7kb and some change so it won't even let me upload it.

Is it a saved file on your computer or a link to an image?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:59 pm

It is a saved file. Its also an animated gif which I spent probably hours trying to get it down in size but not look like garbage on the original official message board. I don't think I have the original split files so might be hard or impossible to use something to get it down.
PanteraCanes

Postby BJJ34 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Don't want to sound negative, because I know the work being put in... But the other format was a little nicer on the eyes.

Also the avatar issue is here as well, and I'm uploading from my machine. It was 20kib before, and it worked on the previous boards.
BJJ34

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Therein seems to be the problem. I got the pic from this avi by just saving it from a random spot on the internet.

When I tried to upload, It wouldn't take it so I just used the url of the image and it took.

Admin may have to modify the permissions for the avis to accommodate, but his list of things to do is pretty big.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:08 pm

BacksidePursuit wrote:The profiles on the right side of the replies is just to weird for me. I'd like it changed back if possible.

Agreed. Petey no likey.

Also don't like how we are not directly taken to the last reply. Why the extra clicky poo?

Petey also very lazy.
PetePierson

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm

I'd like to add my .02 as well as clarifying some of the issues. The other forum software is almost impossible to work with, it is a good thing we switched over to phpbb.

PHPBB is a highly customizable, modular forum software with tons of apps and mods that can be applied. Right now things are in the very early stages and as the site has just gone up in the last several hours modifications will probably not be a priority for at least the next 24 hours, if I had to guess.

That being said, due to the modular nature and customizability of the software damn near anything can be changed. Give Admin some time and I'm sure that all issues will be taken care of.
The Outsider

Postby acaton » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Try Googling "Riot" I believe it is free and easy to use, it will resize pics to any thing you type in.
Relax it'll fit.
acaton

Postby Wenchy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 pm

The Outsider wrote:I'd like to add my .02 as well as clarifying some of the issues. The other forum software is almost impossible to work with, it is a good thing we switched over to phpbb.

PHPBB is a highly customizable, modular forum software with tons of apps and mods that can be applied. Right now things are in the very early stages and as the site has just gone up in the last several hours modifications will probably not be a priority for at least the next 24 hours, if I had to guess.

That being said, due to the modular nature and customizability of the software damn near anything can be changed. Give Admin some time and I'm sure that all issues will be taken care of.

This. Give them a little time, folks.
Wenchy

Postby Jessie's Girl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:20 pm

The BZ looks awesome!!!

Thank you for setting this up for us! :mrgreen:

It is a little strange having everything over to the right; now....to figure out how to get my sig and avatar up!?? :o
Jessie's Girl

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:41 pm

appreciate the hard work, time and effort. Thank you.

Not a huge issue, but the front page most recent topic that is active and not the last person who posted?

All of you are idiots. So it is just going to discourage participation if 'NYBF' or 'IronDog' is the first thing we see.
PetePierson

Next

Return to Feature Requests