proPEWTER
11%
prosilver(original)
No votes

Total votes : 9

New Style -- proORANGE

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:47 am

Hello fellow members of BucZone,

We have worked on a new theme, based on your recommendations. It is based on the proPEWTER theme, but designed to mourn the loss of orange overall in that theme. We feel it is a more bright and vibrant look. We feel that it succeeds in that endeavor and also enjoy it. Since it is not the default theme, I will include some screenshots in this thread. Please do not quote this post, since there is many images in it. Also, keep in mind that you still have the option between all of this boards themes in the User Panel --> Board Preferences.

Please leave your inputs here about the theme, so that we can work to make these themes as good as possible for everyone.

Also, if you could do me a favor by posting those here instead of 'that other site'..

Image Image Image Image Image
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Style -- proORANGE

Postby Corsair » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

Please, can I help out?
Last edited by Corsair on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby Rocker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 am

I prefer this color scheme over the default, however I have a few suggestions/gripes:

Lavonte literally POPS off the screen - great job there, but Lee Roy is hard to discern and looks incredibly flat in comparison ( but I dig the background imagery A LOT)

Recommend darkening the background towards more of a gunmetal color. The pewter headers in the tickers look off against it.
Rocker

Postby Hatter » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:38 am

I cant add any nerd help but if Im diggin this as it sits (the Lavonte header with that orange ROCKS!!!) then I know I will be blown away when you say its completed..
WOW. Well done!
Hatter

Postby Wenchy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:44 am

Corsair wrote:The Buttons and Font selection is horrible! It sends this thing back several decades. They look like a haunted house sign printed on an old impact printer!

The header graphic is still way too big. It should be left justified, not center. Also, I would make it about half as tall, and more streamlined.

Please, can I help out?

Whoa there, big fella. It's not done yet.
Wenchy

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:42 am

Corsair wrote:The Buttons and Font selection is horrible! It sends this thing back several decades. They look like a haunted house sign printed on an old impact printer!

The header graphic is still way too big. It should be left justified, not center. Also, I would make it about half as tall, and more streamlined.

Please, can I help out?

We would let you, but then we'd have to kill you later. And that's just too much ****ing paperwork if yoh ask me.
The Outsider

Postby Kress » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Rocker wrote:I prefer this color scheme over the default, however I have a few suggestions/gripes:

Lavonte literally POPS off the screen - great job there, but Lee Roy is hard to discern and looks incredibly flat in comparison ( but I dig the background imagery A LOT)

I'm guessing that's just a factor of having numerous high quality digital images of Lavonte to work with, whereas anything of Lee Roy is going to be an old converted film image. I would agree that his head is a bit fuzzy in this one, but honestly the contrast sort of highlights the old Bucs versus new Bucs concept.
Kress

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Just switched over to the proORANGE theme. This **** looks ****ing fresh as hell. Brings back some nostalgia for the official board but has it's own identity as well.

I agree with Kress about the Lavonte/LeeRoy thing. There are going to be very few, if any, quality shots of LeeRoy during his playing days.
The Outsider

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Pro Bucco Bruce orange til I die, Bitches! But should show some Gruber love. Not sure it makes sense having a player who never wore it on the banner.
PetePierson

Return to Feature Requests