OFFICIAL 2018 NBA FINALS THREAD - Cavaliers Vs. Warriors IV

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
OFFICIAL 2018 NBA FINALS THREAD - Cavaliers Vs. Warriors IV

Postby PlinkoBuccaneer » Mon May 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi, Buccaneers fans! :) Cavaliers are in their fourth straight, but also LeBron's eighth straight, NBA Finals , but the Cavs and Warriors are meeting for their fourth straight NBA Final, with Golden State leading 2 series to 1. LeBron is hungry for another NBA Title, so GO CAVS!!!! ;) :) 8-) :P :D :D :D :D

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2018/nba-finals-schedule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_Finals

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/

http://www.nba.com/warriors/
Last edited by PlinkoBuccaneer on Thu May 31, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PlinkoBuccaneer

Re: OFFICIAL 2018 NBA FINALS THREAD - Cavaliers Vs. Warriors

Postby terrytate » Mon May 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Man, ain't nobody got time for the NBA.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Golden State should sweep the Cavs easily
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 29, 2018 8:53 am

Cavs the biggest underdog in any team sport in the last 15 years. Warriors are 10-1 favorite.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 am

Yep, we just saw the best two teams finish their series.

I can’t see this going beyond 5
Zarniwoop

Postby Super K » Tue May 29, 2018 9:25 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Golden State should sweep the Cavs easily

Cavs will squeeze out 1 at home (after being down 2-0)...it may even be a "big" win as the Warriors just cruise along...

GS in 5...
Super K

Postby Super K » Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 am

With Kyrie jettisoned to Shamrock town, which is the worse team LeBron has taken to the finals..

This year's squad or the Cleveland squad he took up against San Antonio?
Super K

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 am

Super K wrote:With Kyrie jettisoned to Shamrock town, which is the worse team LeBron has taken to the finals..

This team. If Love is healthy he is better than anyone on that 2007 team -- even Z. And if guys like JR Smith play to their capability they are better than guys like Sasha Pavolvic.
Zarniwoop

Postby Noles1724 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Super K wrote:With Kyrie jettisoned to Shamrock town, which is the worse team LeBron has taken to the finals..

This team. If Love is healthy he is better than anyone on that 2007 team -- even Z. And if guys like JR Smith play to their capability they are better than guys like Sasha Pavolvic.

your wires are crossed..

this team is better than the squad he took to San Antonio because he has Love and JR Smith.. regardless if they are injured or not playing to the level they should they still beat out the guys on that team.

off track a tad, the whole MJ vs LBJ debate, I always feel that there is one aspect that is never discussed and one day I'm going to put in the time to determine what the true number is... The question being, how many different rosters did MJ/LBJ have in total during their runs to the Finals. I'd imagine it's something crazy like 1:8 (MJ:LBJ). Hell the roster turn over at mid-season this year might be a 1:1 (MJ Career:LBJ 1 season).

one of the arguments is always "the NBA isn't the same as it was back then.. a lot softer now". I don't necessarily disagree with that, but it's not like MJ ever went to a final without a consistent core..

anyways, it's a good discussion to be had and if nothing else, if LBJ isn't the GOAT then he is surely the only one that has ever kept the convo going for as long as it has.
Noles1724

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 am

Noles1724 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

your wires are crossed..

My bad, I meant this team is better...i didn't go back and re-read how the question was worded....LOL
Zarniwoop

Postby Noles1724 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:
your wires are crossed..

My bad, I meant this team is better...i didn't go back and re-read how the question was worded....LOL

yup figured as much.
Noles1724

Postby SIBucsFan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:29 am

PlinkoBuccaneer wrote:Hi, Buccaneers fans Cavaliers are in their eighth straight NBA Finals thanks to LeBron/

No, Plinko. LeBron is in his eighth straight NBA Finals, Cavs are in their fourth.
SIBucsFan

Postby Super K » Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm

I dunno...Big Z/Larry Hughes compare pretty damn favorably to Love/JR Smith...

Especially with Love having his annual "playoff bruised vagina"...
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Super K wrote:I dunno...Big Z/Larry Hughes compare pretty damn favorably to Love/JR Smith...

Love’s injury history is the only thing that makes this close. This Cavs team has no business being in the Finals though. Lebron is just the ultimate cheat code.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Tue May 29, 2018 4:47 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Super K wrote:I dunno...Big Z/Larry Hughes compare pretty damn favorably to Love/JR Smith...

Love’s injury history is the only thing that makes this close. This Cavs team has no business being in the Finals though. Lebron is just the ultimate cheat code.

Agreed on all points...

Testament to what he can do...but a damn shame that he's had to shoulder the load all the same..
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 29, 2018 4:54 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

While Lebron is great, neither the Celtics nor Raptors were great teams. Even with the Cavs being a historic underdog, they have better odds against the Warriors than the Celtics did. The Celtics were one of the worst playoff road teams in history and despite having a great story, they lack top teir talent without Gordon and Irving. Honestly I don't think the Celtics with Irving and Gordon would be a great test for the Rockets or Warriors.

This Cavs team is not good, but it's not nearly as bad as the Cavs team that got swept by the Spurs. The Cavs, when Korver, Hill, Love, and Smith are making shots are extremely dangerous. Unfortunately for them, that hasn't happened often. I think people forget that Love is still close to a 20-10 guy when healthy when they bash him.

All that being said, the Cavs will win a game or two. We've seen too often this season that these Warriors show up to some games and simply don't try nor care. Draymond/Kerr talks about it a lot as they are sometimes bored. I think that's the downfall of this team is that when they are playing at their best, it's too easy for them.

edit: The point of my post is people are giving the Cavs a chance because of what Lebron did against Boston, but are ignoring that Boston was being criticized prior to the Cleveland series for their struggles on the road and on offense against Milwaukee and Philly. These Cavs were also a few bad calls away from losing the Pacers in the 1st round. Lebron is great, but the East being utter trash should factor in.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Hughes was only a 12 point guy at that time in his career...and during the finals he was hurt, I think he scored a total of 2 points in that series...same with Z, he was only a 25 minute a game guy by then as well.

Drew Gooden and Boobie Gibson were scoreres #2 and #3 for them in that series.

Think about that. Drew Freaking Gooden was the #2 scorer on a team that went to the Finals
Zarniwoop

Postby Super K » Tue May 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Didn't know Hughes washout for that series, was just looking at the team build as a whole..

That being said, talking/thinking about JR Smith as a positive, contributing piece is a helluva stretch....guy might as well be hurt for how MIA he is most games...on both ends..
Super K

Postby Noles1724 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Is the audio messed up for anybody else I'm getting a ton of echo when I'm not getting Echo I'm getting background Spanish translation of the English version it's weird it's only this channel
Noles1724

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Hopefully Klay comes back...
uscbucsfan

Postby Swashy » Thu May 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Cleveland -errr LeBron hanging in there
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Cleveland's love affair of the 3 pointer will be their death. Stop ****ing shooting it if you can't bury it.
Swashy

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Swashy wrote:Cleveland's love affair of the 3 pointer will be their death. Stop ****ing shooting it if you can't bury it.

They aren't as bad as the Rockets in that aspect.

It's pretty common around the league. The Cavs use the 3 or threat of to open up lanes for Lebron.
uscbucsfan

Postby Swashy » Thu May 31, 2018 9:07 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Swashy wrote:Cleveland's love affair of the 3 pointer will be their death. Stop ****ing shooting it if you can't bury it.

They aren't as bad as the Rockets in that aspect.

It's pretty common around the league. The Cavs use the 3 or threat of to open up lanes for Lebron.

It's not their only option. The Cavs need to stop being careless throwing up the 3 ball so often and trying to make so many passes through traffic. Drive it in, make contact or just take safe mid-range shots. The have guys who can do that. Warriors just made an 11 point lead vanish because Cleveland wants to be cute. In either case make the Warriors work for it. If they get in foul trouble the Cavs can immediately take advantage.
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm

And Curry buries it. They're too good at shooting to be messed with. The Cavaliers need to adapt their game plan quickly. Call me "safe" but I will never not endorse close range shots as opposed to a risky 3. I know saying to go through the teeth of the defense isn't much safer but again it comes down to making plays. If the Cavs want to play along the perimeter then fine. Just don't be stupid about it. The Cavs won't miss 27 3's but there are other ways to win. They're holding on defensively about as well as can be expected but wasted possessions are giving the Warriors more life than they deserve.

Only drop the 3 ball if your shooters are hot and right now the Cavs are not
Swashy

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 pm

The Cavs survived the Warriors famous 3rd quarter only down by 6. I think they may pull this out, but I have a big day and need to go to bed.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 10:18 pm

I stayed up. Durant can't buy a basket...
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 10:39 pm

At the end of the 4th, the Warriors went to that Durant ISO ball. They aren't near the team when they do that. In OT the offense is going back through Curry and they go up 10 quickly and efficiently. There's been a few bad calls in favor of the Warriors at the end of the game, but Curry has done (as well as one can do) well when he's switched onto Lebron. 8 of the last 10 times Lebron ends up passing it away or missing the shot....it doesn't need to be said, but Lebron is a monster.

edit: Looks like Draymond got to Tristain Thompson and baited him to throw a punch.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 am

Just because everyone is talking about it, it was obviously a blocking foul on LeBron, but the rule they used to review it was bullshit. The ref made a bad call calling a charge on KD, but they happen just like the play before not calling a foul when KD stole the ball from LeBron. By the refs reviewing and fixing their call it made the situation worse.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:22 am

Super K wrote:
That being said, talking/thinking about JR Smith as a positive, contributing piece is a helluva stretch....guy might as well be hurt for how MIA he is most games...on both ends..

Just when I thought he couldn't take ineptitude to another level, JR Smith pulls an even BIGGER JR Smith....

SMFH...
Super K

Next

Return to Other Sports