Longo Traded to San Fran

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
post

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Teitan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:50 am

Right.. but “isn’t that great” isn’t accurate. He’s an above average to very good defensive 3rd baseman. His hitting isn’t the best it’s been but he’s not a bottom level hitter either.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Kress » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm

To be fair, pretty much all awards are by definition popularity contests. All Stars are just the most popular. Obama won a Nobel Prize. For what? For being popular.
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby NYBF » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Kress wrote:To be fair, pretty much all awards are by definition popularity contests. All Stars are just the most popular. Obama won a Nobel Prize. For what? For being popular.


Right. But you can't point to a gold glove and say "see, he is a good player!"
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 5605
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:16 am

It's going to be hard to draw fans to a mediocre team without a star player. I mean, it was already hard, but now...
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3082
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 am

Ken Carson wrote:It's going to be hard to draw fans to a mediocre team without a star player. I mean, it was already hard, but now...


Come watch Kevin Keirmaier bat .215 and catch fly balls!
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Swashy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:30 am

Rocker wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:It's going to be hard to draw fans to a mediocre team without a star player. I mean, it was already hard, but now...


Come watch Kevin Keirmaier bat .215 and catch fly balls!


Light skinned BJ Upton
Swashy
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Longo Traded to San Fran

Postby Nano » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Rocker wrote:
Come watch Kevin Keirmaier bat .215 and get injured catching fly balls!


FIFY
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7207
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Previous

post

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests