***OFFICIAL NBA 2017-2018 SEASON THREAD***

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ***OFFICIAL NBA 2017-2018 SEASON THREAD***

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Deuce wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Where is Harden a liability? Defense? I guess we are going off the past and ignoring this season and the playoffs?

It's certainly not anywhere else on the court.

James Harden is my favorite player on my favorite team. He's brilliant on offense. I don't know if most people even get it. He does exaggerate sometimes, but he gets tons of legitimate foul calls. Mostly because he blows by the defender, and then they foul him by reaching because they are not in position. He'll initiate contact with players out of position all the time, and then reap the benefits by shooting 85%+ on his free throws.

I said all of this to say...he's still not a very good defender. He's better than early in his Rockets career. He's decent in the post. He has quick hands which allow for blocks and steals here and there. But 1 on 1 on the perimeter, any player with decent quickness is probably going by him.

He mostly defends against the 4 now and he's strong enough to be efficient doing so. No one said he was great, but he's no longer the revolving door you try to hide that he was 2 years ago and beyond.
uscbucsfan

Postby acmillis » Tue May 08, 2018 3:35 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
acmillis wrote:
they will have nothing to show for it including no finals appearances IMO.

lol

Care to expand?

Edit...nvm, I'm an idiot (20102 OKC). Sorry, he was the third (maybe 4th if you argue Ibaka) best player on the team.
acmillis

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 08, 2018 3:45 pm

acmillis wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
lol

Care to expand?

Edit...nvm, I'm an idiot (20102 OKC). Sorry, he was the third (maybe 4th if you argue Ibaka) best player on the team.

He was also younger and he's vastly improved.

I really dislike Harden. I hate his style of play. He looks like a bull in a china shop driving the lane looking for a foul at times. His 3 point foul draw is equally annoying. I've heard they are going to revise the rules against some of that this offseason and it's for the best, but he's an unbelievable talent. He doesn't deserve to be mixed in with Anthony, because he's already accomplished more. He was 2 rebounds away from averaging a triple double last year. He's the best player on the team with the best record who is on his way to a Western Conference finals, the equivalent of the NBA finals this year.

edit: Whether or not he's really the most valuable player this year is debatable, but he will win it. He's a top 10 player in the NBA and has a argument for top 5.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Deuce wrote:
James Harden is my favorite player on my favorite team. He's brilliant on offense. I don't know if most people even get it. He does exaggerate sometimes, but he gets tons of legitimate foul calls. Mostly because he blows by the defender, and then they foul him by reaching because they are not in position. He'll initiate contact with players out of position all the time, and then reap the benefits by shooting 85%+ on his free throws.

I said all of this to say...he's still not a very good defender. He's better than early in his Rockets career. He's decent in the post. He has quick hands which allow for blocks and steals here and there. But 1 on 1 on the perimeter, any player with decent quickness is probably going by him.

He mostly defends against the 4 now and he's strong enough to be efficient doing so. No one said he was great, but he's no longer the revolving door you try to hide that he was 2 years ago and beyond.

No, he doesn't "mostly defend against the 4 now." The Rockets have been switching everything all season. Maybe it's Utah trying to take advantage but he's ended up guarding Ingles and Mitchell a ton this series. He's not good there. Luckily, Capela has been there to reject everything. When given the opportunity, he'll switch onto bigger guys and he actually does do better there. I won't be surprised at all if he ends up guarding Draymond a lot in this series.

uscbucsfan wrote:
acmillis wrote:Care to expand?

He was also younger and he's vastly improved.

I really dislike Harden. I hate his style of play. He looks like a bull in a china shop driving the lane looking for a foul at times. His 3 point foul draw is equally annoying. I've heard they are going to revise the rules against some of that this offseason and it's for the best, but he's an unbelievable talent. He doesn't deserve to be mixed in with Anthony, because he's already accomplished more. He was 2 rebounds away from averaging a triple double last year. He's the best player on the team with the best record who is on his way to a Western Conference finals, the equivalent of the NBA finals this year.

edit: Whether or not he's really the most valuable player this year is debatable, but he will win it. He's a top 10 player in the NBA and has a argument for top 5.

This is the part I said most people don't realize "He looks like a bull in a china shop driving the lane looking for a foul at times." It may look that way, but his moves are very calculated in getting guys out of position and then initiating contact.

On your edit, it's really not debatable. And of the last 4 years, he'll have one MVP and 2 runners up to MVP...what more does he need to do to be top 5?
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 am

It's absolutely debatable than Lebron is more valuable. I have him at 5, but some put Westbrook over him.

I don't disagree it's calculated, it was when players would pump fake and dive into a defender for a shooting foul. Both are ugly to watch and I'll be happy when they are more strict on what he does in the future.

Regarding his defense, if you need stats to show he covered the 4 more often this season with success I can. I was referring to the entire season not specifically this series.
uscbucsfan

Postby acmillis » Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 am

[quote="uscbucsfan"]It's absolutely debatable than Lebron is more valuable. I have him at 5, but some put Westbrook over him.

I don't disagree it's calculated, it was when players would pump fake and dive into a defender for a shooting foul. Both are ugly to watch and I'll be happy when they are more strict on what he does in the future.

Regarding his defense, if you need stats to show he covered the 4 more often this season with success I can. I was referring to the entire season not specifically this series.[/quote]

I don't see how there can be a debate. Lebron is more valuable and a better player than Harden.
acmillis

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 9:04 am

uscbucsfan wrote:It's absolutely debatable than Lebron is more valuable. I have him at 5, but some put Westbrook over him.

Regarding his defense, if you need stats to show he covered the 4 more often this season with success I can. I was referring to the entire season not specifically this series.

Eh, I think they've cut down a lot on calling the 3-point foul but they can't really do anything about guys fouling him going to the hoop. There's talk every year that "it won't be called in the playoffs", but it always is.

Ew, Westbrook. lol I have LeBron at 1, with KD, Curry, Harden and AD rounding out the top 5. AD is probably last of that group, since it's turned into such a guard's league. No one in the NBA scares me more than KD, but he doesn't go off as much as he should because he's unwilling or unable to carry his own team. Most people (after this season) have similar rankings where 2-5 are interchangeable, some people do throw Westbrook or even Giannis in there.

Not sure now what you're saying on the "guarding the 4" thing. First, you said he "mostly guards the 4 now", now you're saying "covered the 4 more often with success". I agree that he can guard the 4 and does better than guarding the perimeter, but as someone who's watched 90% of Rockets games this year we hardly ever just stick Harden on the other team's 4 and stay there for most of a game.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am

acmillis wrote:[quote="uscbucsfan"]It's absolutely debatable than Lebron is more valuable. I have him at 5, but some put Westbrook over him.

I don't see how there can be a debate. Lebron is more valuable and a better player than Harden.[/quote]

LeBron is the best player in the league and possibly of all-time. If it was the best player award, he should win it every year. But it's not, it's the most valuable for that season. LeBron saved himself for the playoffs this year and it showed, mostly on defense. Harden put up better stats and was the engine of a 65-win team. The MVP should never come from the 4th seed in the East, sorry.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 9:21 am

You guys think the Celtics can take down LeBron?
Deuce

Postby acmillis » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 am

Deuce wrote:
acmillis wrote:[quote="uscbucsfan"]It's absolutely debatable than Lebron is more valuable. I have him at 5, but some put Westbrook over him.

I don't see how there can be a debate. Lebron is more valuable and a better player than Harden.

LeBron is the best player in the league and possibly of all-time. If it was the best player award, he should win it every year. But it's not, it's the most valuable for that season. LeBron saved himself for the playoffs this year and it showed, mostly on defense. Harden put up better stats and was the engine of a 65-win team. The MVP should never come from the 4th seed in the East, sorry.[/quote]

I HATE that this has to be part of the argument, but it always has been and I really do not understand why.

And no, the Celtics cannot defeat the Cavs in a 7-game series. Cavs in 6.
acmillis

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 am

Deuce wrote:

LeBron is the best player in the league and possibly of all-time. If it was the best player award, he should win it every year. But it's not, it's the most valuable for that season. LeBron saved himself for the playoffs this year and it showed, mostly on defense. Harden put up better stats and was the engine of a 65-win team. The MVP should never come from the 4th seed in the East, sorry.[/quote]
Lebron was more valuable to his team even without playing defense than Harden was. Just go look at their +/- and win/loss with or without each on the court. The Cavs are a lottery team without Lebron. The Rockets likely still make the playoffs without Harden. Harden will win it, but there's certainly debate. The Cavs roster sucks outside of Lebron.

If you qualify MVP as the best player on the team with the most wins, it's Harden. Lebron is the most valuable to his team's success.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am

Deuce wrote:

Harden can have a bad or horrible playoff game and his team still wins (this happened already right?). What happens if Lebron has a bad playoff game in the East? Let’s just say Lebron matches Harden’s 18pt 4ast 3to 8 for 22 game. Do the Cavaliers win? Hell no.

Lebron is more valuable to his team than any single player in the league and that’s no slight to Harden. The Rockets can win in the tough West without Harden playing well.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Deuce wrote:

LeBron is the best player in the league and possibly of all-time. If it was the best player award, he should win it every year. But it's not, it's the most valuable for that season. LeBron saved himself for the playoffs this year and it showed, mostly on defense. Harden put up better stats and was the engine of a 65-win team. The MVP should never come from the 4th seed in the East, sorry.

Lebron was more valuable to his team even without playing defense than Harden was. Just go look at their +/- and win/loss with or without each on the court. The Cavs are a lottery team without Lebron. The Rockets likely still make the playoffs without Harden. Harden will win it, but there's certainly debate. The Cavs roster sucks outside of Lebron.

If you qualify MVP as the best player on the team with the most wins, it's Harden. Lebron is the most valuable to his team's success.[/quote]

This. You said it better than I did.
PrimeMinister

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 1:19 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

If you qualify MVP as the best player on the team with the most wins, it's Harden. Lebron is the most valuable to his team's success.

I get that people don't like Harden but this is precisely why he needs to win it this year.

In 14-15, he drug a sorry Rockets team to 2nd in the West. Seriously, Dwight missed half the season. So essentially it was Harden-Beverly-Brewer-Ariza-Capela. No one from the bench is even in the league anymore. He even averaged more ppg than Curry but Curry won because best player on best team.

In 16-17, he had basically a textbook MVP season. Crazy stats, 3rd seed in the West. But they gave it to a player who neither had more wins nor did more with less, Russell Westbrook, because triple-double.

Out of the recent history of winners, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, LeBron, and Rose, I don't think any have been "did more with less" guys. But now all of the sudden, that's the argument. Only if it's to find a reason to deny Harden again.
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 09, 2018 1:40 pm

God, you are such a homer. Lol
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:God, you are such a homer. Lol

Everyone is but I mostly call it like I see it. See above where I was arguing against you, when you were saying Harden is good on defense now. Also, I had no problem with Curry winning MVP. I had a major problem with Westbrook winning it. The lowest seeded MVP ever was the 3rd seed, and those were Jordan and Malone. Westbrook wins it as a 6th seed just because he averaged a triple-double? He averaged a triple-double again this year and isn't in the conversation!

I was also keeping track of MVP votes this season. Every voter hasn't revealed them yet, but when I stopped I had it 33-5 in Harden's favor. At least two of the voters also had LeBron in 3rd place this year, behind AD. So it may not be as debatable as you think.
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed May 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Deuce wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:God, you are such a homer. Lol

Everyone is but I mostly call it like I see it. See above where I was arguing against you, when you were saying Harden is good on defense now. Also, I had no problem with Curry winning MVP. I had a major problem with Westbrook winning it. The lowest seeded MVP ever was the 3rd seed, and those were Jordan and Malone. Westbrook wins it as a 6th seed just because he averaged a triple-double? He averaged a triple-double again this year and isn't in the conversation!

I was also keeping track of MVP votes this season. Every voter hasn't revealed them yet, but when I stopped I had it 33-5 in Harden's favor. At least two of the voters also had LeBron in 3rd place this year, behind AD. So it may not be as debatable as you think.

I don't think you understand the word "debatable". It means there is merit for debate. By your definition none of the previous 2 MVPs were debatable either as Curry was unanimous and Westbrook received 69 MVP votes last year.

You "calling it how you see it" is subjective and appears homerish.

In 14-15, he drug a sorry Rockets team to 2nd in the West. Seriously, Dwight missed half the season. So essentially it was Harden-Beverly-Brewer-Ariza-Capela. No one from the bench is even in the league anymore. He even averaged more ppg than Curry but Curry won because best player on best team.

Beverly, Brewer, Ariza, and Capela is a really good roster plus having a pretty efficient Howard 50% of the season. PPG is not the end all be all. Curry set the league on fire that year and began his ascension. This year was the year Harden really broke out, but it also highlighted his historically bad defense, which has improved. To most NBA writers, this was a major dis qualifier, but I don't agree with that. If the player is responsible for carrying a team and they are successful, it doesn't really matter. This was the best argument so far.

In 16-17, he had basically a textbook MVP season. Crazy stats, 3rd seed in the West. But they gave it to a player who neither had more wins nor did more with less, Russell Westbrook, because triple-double.

Westbrook had a far worse team around him than Harden and got them into the playoffs just off of his sheer anger/play. Westbrook and Harden had similar years, but everyone thought OKC wouldn't make the playoffs after Durant left. That was a big part of this. Westbrook actually carried his team until he ultimately destroyed them. There's a reason most knew Westbrook was winning this and it wasn't that Harden didn't average 2 more rebounds per game.

I think Harden should win it this year, but Lebron is the most important player in the league to his team. To say there is no debate is ignoring how bad the Cavs roster is and how much Lebron carries them. It makes you sound homerish.

As stated previously, I'm a Lakers fan. Nash robbed Kobe of an MVP. I know how it feels. Just from the outside looking in the only year that Harden was potentially robbed was 14-15, IMO, and I still would have given it to Curry but all of this is subjective.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Wed May 09, 2018 3:35 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I don't think you understand the word "debatable". It means there is merit for debate. By your definition none of the previous 2 MVPs were debatable either as Curry was unanimous and Westbrook received 69 MVP votes last year.

You "calling it how you see it" is subjective and appears homerish.

Beverly, Brewer, Ariza, and Capela is a really good roster plus having a pretty efficient Howard 50% of the season. PPG is not the end all be all. Curry set the league on fire that year and began his ascension. This year was the year Harden really broke out, but it also highlighted his historically bad defense, which has improved. To most NBA writers, this was a major dis qualifier, but I don't agree with that. If the player is responsible for carrying a team and they are successful, it doesn't really matter. This was the best argument so far.

Westbrook had a far worse team around him than Harden and got them into the playoffs just off of his sheer anger/play. Westbrook and Harden had similar years, but everyone thought OKC wouldn't make the playoffs after Durant left. That was a big part of this. Westbrook actually carried his team until he ultimately destroyed them. There's a reason most knew Westbrook was winning this and it wasn't that Harden didn't average 2 more rebounds per game.

I think Harden should win it this year, but Lebron is the most important player in the league to his team. To say there is no debate is ignoring how bad the Cavs roster is and how much Lebron carries them. It makes you sound homerish.

As stated previously, I'm a Lakers fan. Nash robbed Kobe of an MVP. I know how it feels. Just from the outside looking in the only year that Harden was potentially robbed was 14-15, IMO, and I still would have given it to Curry but all of this is subjective.

I guess you got me on the definition of debatable. Whichever it is, this year is the same as those other years. So they're either all debatable or they're not.

That was not a good roster. We're not using this year's Capela, we're using two years ago and he's improved vastly in that time. Pablo Prigioni and like a 35-year-old Jason Terry got significant playing time. That team was the 2nd seed. There's no way they're making the West playoffs without Harden. Harden was the "his team would suck without him" guy that year but the award went to Curry, best player on the best team.

You can try to say Westbrook's MVP was about him carrying the Thunder, but only if you don't consume sports talk at all. The narrative was the triple-double. Everyone got caught up in the chase and he made it, so he won. And again, he was the first winner to be worse than a 3rd seed. This is where fans, and not just Rockets fans, start to say the media is moving the goalposts on Harden. He lost the previous year to a better record when he had better stats, now he's losing to the better stats when he has the better record.

If you say Harden this year, we're good. We'll disagree on last year but it's cool. I just hate this "the Cavs would suck without LeBron" argument. Yes, they would. That might be the literal definition of MVP but the award hasn't been given that way in many, many years, if ever.
Deuce

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed May 09, 2018 11:49 pm

If the Celtics can beat Lebron and the Cavs without Kyrie and Hayward. The NBA just needs to give Brad Stevens coach of the year. He got robbed.
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:If the Celtics can beat Lebron and the Cavs without Kyrie and Hayward. The NBA just needs to give Brad Stevens coach of the year. He got robbed.

Stevens got robbed a bit, but Quinn Snyder was more deserving than Stevens, IMO. Preseason, after the trades, every one knew the conference finals would be Houston/Warriors and Cavs/Celtics. I understand the Celtics lost their 2 best players, but that's more of indictment of how terrible the East is more than anything.

No one thought Utah would be any good after losing Heyward and not being about to find an adequate replacement. Mitchell was a steal and the team played ridiculous defense, but the Celtics roster is still super talented, for the East. If the Celtics won the title, I'd be impressed, but so far the Cavs struggled against a mediocre Indiana team and swept a Raptors team that is always trash in the playoffs. Most analyst all year thought the Raptors were pretenders predicted the Cavs in 5, most were a game off. The Celtics struggled against a 1 man team and beat a lottery team coming off the 1st overall pick whose 2nd best player was completely exposed for not being able to shoot past 6 feet in the playoffs.

The Cavs have a terrible roster and have been completely carried by Lebron. The Celtics should win that series, but likely won't. It's crazy that the NBA can create excitement despite the ridiculous predictability and lack of parity in the league. No one really believes any team in the East has a shot against the West, but people will tune in just in case...especially if Lebron is involved.

Is there any other major sport where the season seems irrelevant and you can predict the conference finals and championship on a yearly basis like the NBA?
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:If the Celtics can beat Lebron and the Cavs without Kyrie and Hayward. The NBA just needs to give Brad Stevens coach of the year. He got robbed.

Stevens got robbed a bit, but Quinn Snyder was more deserving than Stevens, IMO. Preseason, after the trades, every one knew the conference finals would be Houston/Warriors and Cavs/Celtics. I understand the Celtics lost their 2 best players, but that's more of indictment of how terrible the East is more than anything.

No one thought Utah would be any good after losing Heyward and not being about to find an adequate replacement. Mitchell was a steal and the team played ridiculous defense, but the Celtics roster is still super talented, for the East. If the Celtics won the title, I'd be impressed, but so far the Cavs struggled against a mediocre Indiana team and swept a Raptors team that is always trash in the playoffs. Most analyst all year thought the Raptors were pretenders predicted the Cavs in 5, most were a game off. The Celtics struggled against a 1 man team and beat a lottery team coming off the 1st overall pick whose 2nd best player was completely exposed for not being able to shoot past 6 feet in the playoffs.

The Cavs have a terrible roster and have been completely carried by Lebron. The Celtics should win that series, but likely won't. It's crazy that the NBA can create excitement despite the ridiculous predictability and lack of parity in the league. No one really believes any team in the East has a shot against the West, but people will tune in just in case...especially if Lebron is involved.

Is there any other major sport where the season seems irrelevant and you can predict the conference finals and championship on a yearly basis like the NBA?

The NBA has been like this since the 70’s Celtics & Lakers. Fans have always tuned in although they knew Bird/Magic/Jordan were going to the Finals.
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 am

Let's hear predictions:

I say

Warriors in 6 (will be their first time seeing a game 6 with Durant. They are 24-3 in the playoffs in the last 2 years)
Cavs in 7

Warriors in 5 over the Cavs

edit: Bonus...Houston takes game 1.
uscbucsfan

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu May 10, 2018 8:02 am

Warriors in 6
Celtics in game 7
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Warriors in 6
Celtics in game 7

If that happens, I'd say Warriors sweep the Celtics and I think it would be ugly.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am

Warriors in 6 - Rockets have home court so I think they will get to a game 6 where they will be eliminated in GS.

Cavs in 6 - I'd take the Celtics in 5 if they were at full strength, they are extremely well coached and overachieve. But the Cavs look to be playing the best they have all season and I honestly can't see Lebron James losing in the ECF to a team with so little star/fire power.

Warriors in 5 in the NBA Finals - Just too good right now.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Thu May 10, 2018 8:14 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Let's hear predictions:

I say

Warriors in 6 (will be their first time seeing a game 6 with Durant. They are 24-3 in the playoffs in the last 2 years)
Cavs in 7

Interesting tidbit about the predictability:

October 17, 2017 (NBA Season Opening Double Header)

CLE defeated BOS 102-99
HOU defeated GSW 122-121

Predictions:

HOU in 7- This series can only go two ways and I think we'll have our answer by the end of Game 1. Either the Rockets show that they can hang and this will be a long (and fun) series, or they can't and it's GSW in 5. The Rockets need to make GSW adjust to their slow pace, set picks and get the matchups they want, and keep Capela on the floor. 98% chance Draymond Green makes me yell obscenities during this series.

BOS in 7- I think this one is destined for at least 6 games either way. One team has LeBron, one has Stevens. I'm interested to see what Stevens will throw at him. I'm throwing out the Toronto series. It took CLE 7 games to beat Indiana. I think the Celtics system takes over and locks down the Cavs.

West team wins Finals in 6.
Deuce

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 10, 2018 8:21 am

I've got Warriors over Cavs in Finals
Zarniwoop

Postby acmillis » Thu May 10, 2018 8:48 am

Warriors in 5, Cavs in 6
Warriors in 5
acmillis

Postby DreadNaught » Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am

Deuce wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Let's hear predictions:

I say

Cavs in 7

CLE defeated BOS 102-99
HOU defeated GSW 122-121

Predictions:

HOU in 7- This series can only go two ways and I think we'll have our answer by the end of Game 1. Either the Rockets show that they can hang and this will be a long (and fun) series, or they can't and it's GSW in 5. The Rockets need to make GSW adjust to their slow pace, set picks and get the matchups they want, and keep Capela on the floor. 98% chance Draymond Green makes me yell obscenities during this series.

BOS in 7- I think this one is destined for at least 6 games either way. One team has LeBron, one has Stevens. I'm interested to see what Stevens will throw at him. I'm throwing out the Toronto series. It took CLE 7 games to beat Indiana. I think the Celtics system takes over and locks down the Cavs.

Who on the Celtics is guarding Lebron? Do they have a long-elite defender on the perimeter to make things difficult for LJ? I love the how Stephens coaches that team and Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are young and athletic. But we're talking about Lebron here, so unless you have a Kawhi Leonard or Draymond Green type of defender that can frustrate Lebron he's going to get his in addition to get his role players involved if the Celtics look to pack the paint against him. Which imo is the only way to defend him if you don't have a defender that can match up (which most teams don't). Atleast by packing the paint you can force the Lebron and the Cavs to hit 3pt shots.

I like the Celtics and wish they had Gordon and Kyrie. But I just don't think they have a enough to beat Lebron.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Thu May 10, 2018 9:18 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Deuce wrote:

CLE defeated BOS 102-99
HOU defeated GSW 122-121

Predictions:

Who on the Celtics is guarding Lebron? Do they have a long-elite defender on the perimeter to make things difficult for LJ? I love the how Stephens coaches that team and Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are young and athletic. But we're talking about Lebron here, so unless you have a Kawhi Leonard or Draymond Green type of defender that can frustrate Lebron he's going to get his in addition to get his role players involved if the Celtics look to pack the paint against him. Which imo is the only way to defend him if you don't have a defender that can match up (which most teams don't). Atleast by packing the paint you can force the Lebron and the Cavs to hit 3pt shots.

I like the Celtics and wish they had Gordon and Kyrie. But I just don't think they have a enough to beat Lebron.

They have bodies to throw at him- Smart, Morris, Brown and Tatum will all get a shot. But it's hard to imagine this series or any series where LeBron isn't averaging 28 ppg. The key to the series may be Kevin Love. He played well against Toronto but Horford may be able to shut him down. Again, it took Cleveland 7 games to get past Indiana. Boston is a better team than Indiana. I think it'll be close.
Deuce

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports