***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Thread!**

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Threa

Postby Swashy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm

If you believe the rumors the Senators wants to combine Bobby Ryan along with Erik Karlsson in a deal. LMFAO now that trade is never gonna happen
Swashy

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Swashy wrote:If you believe the rumors the Senators wants to combine Bobby Ryan along with Erik Karlsson in a deal. LMFAO now that trade is never gonna happen

Yeah...I can't imagine a team...ANY team...willing to part with enough assets to make that trade happen.

Hell...they'd probably want to entire Syracuse Crunch for chrissakes.
Alpha

Postby Swashy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Alpha wrote:
Swashy wrote:If you believe the rumors the Senators wants to combine Bobby Ryan along with Erik Karlsson in a deal. LMFAO now that trade is never gonna happen

Yeah...I can't imagine a team...ANY team...willing to part with enough assets to make that trade happen.

Not only that but you've seen what Ryan makes right? Karlsson's already gonna be like a $8 million+ player and the Sens want to trade Ryan, who makes $7.25 million for the next 4 years AND keeps ****ing up his hands and wrists in injuries?

I mean I didn't think it was possible to lower Karlsson's value but somehow the Sens did it by trying to saddle that guy into the deal
Swashy

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Swashy wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:Tyler Johnson: "We might go into the deadline without doing anything to our team. And we'd be happy with that. We like the guys here, we have the guys we want."

TJ can **** right off. Apparently he doesn't seem to understand that half our defense has under 82 games experience and the Caps are gonna go globetrotters on us tonight.

He's probably correct...but that's what he HAS to say. I think this team as constructed makes some noise in the playoffs and probably goes pretty far. It's a very talented group. I don't think there are any teams that have the depth this team has...but there are teams that are playing better than this one. Especially defensively.

I don't think we get blown out tonight. Edmonton-type games don't happen to this team very often. And we'll score 3 goals against anyone on any night. Who knows? I'd like to think the Bolts come out on fire tonight and show these teams what they're dealing with. This SHOULD be a playoff-type game tonight...and we may very well see the Caps in the playoffs. I expect the Bolts to throw down tonight...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Swashy wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Not only that but you've seen what Ryan makes right? Karlsson's already gonna be like a $8 million+ player and the Sens want to trade Ryan, who makes $7.25 million for the next 4 years AND keeps ****ing up his hands and wrists in injuries?

I mean I didn't think it was possible to lower Karlsson's value but somehow the Sens did it by trying to saddle that guy into the deal

**** me. I didn't look at Ryan's cap hit...I just know everytime (seemingly) I see Ryan play, he's doing something that catches my attention. I know OTT GM is a retard but he can't possibly be that stupid. I have to believe that's just rumor.

And if Karlsson goes somewhere else, he's making a LOT more than 8 mil. He's a 10 mil/yr. guy, easily. Remember...Hedman took an under market value deal to stay here but still somewhere around 10 mil, if you have a state income tax. Karlsson will get every cent of 10 mil. Maybe even more.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

All right. Let's see what the Boys have in store for us tonight...
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Pointer !
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Kuni ! 2-0
Jason Bourne

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Yeah yeah Jason we know
Phantom Phenom

Postby Rocker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm

What an odd goal haha. Love it.
Rocker

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Pointer ! That was a nice goal
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 pm

EXACTLY like a playoff game.

The top lines cancel each other out...Washington just doesn't have the depth...and our 2nd/3rd lines are just dominating. This looks like the Lightning from the beginning of the year. Wave after wave of relentless hockey. Nice to see.

Amazing how good Vasy looks when he's facing 7 shots per period, isn't it? Now, I'm sure we go asleep for a period and the Caps put 15 on him this period. The funny thing is...Vasy looks jittery to me. It's weird. He doesn't look like he's seeing the puck well. Maybe I'm wrong...just a feeling.

Ok...y'all have convinced me. There is NO TRADE worth giving up Point for. Even straight up for Karlsson. He's just...***damn fast. That 2nd goal was amazing. The thing that struck me...last year...when he came back from injury...his first goal was some lucky-ass tip in. From that point forward, he scored often. THIS YEAR...he was in a bit of a funk and last game he had that cherry-picking, tip-in and he seems to be straight FIRE again.

What I don't understand is this: WHY do teams not clog the Neutral Zone against us? Washington has been giving us PLENTY of room to move the puck up the ice...with speed. That's just a bad play...unless you have the speed to keep up (NJ, LV come to mind). I'd be SHOCKED if the Caps don't change their defensive game plan, this period and start clogging things up...they HAVE to...right?

This is a game where we can make a statement and go jugular on a VERY good team. I'm hesitant to believe it happens because...the Bolts...but it'd be nice to see the boys run them out of the building...for once in a looooong while.
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Alpha wrote:EXACTLY like a playoff game.

The top lines cancel each other out...Washington just doesn't have the depth...and our 2nd/3rd lines are just dominating. This looks like the Lightning from the beginning of the year. Wave after wave of relentless hockey. Nice to see.

Amazing how good Vasy looks when he's facing 7 shots per period, isn't it? Now, I'm sure we go asleep for a period and the Caps put 15 on him this period. The funny thing is...Vasy looks jittery to me. It's weird. He doesn't look like he's seeing the puck well. Maybe I'm wrong...just a feeling.

Ok...y'all have convinced me. There is NO TRADE worth giving up Point for. Even straight up for Karlsson. He's just...***damn fast. That 2nd goal was amazing. The thing that struck me...last year...when he came back from injury...his first goal was some lucky-ass tip in. From that point forward, he scored often. THIS YEAR...he was in a bit of a funk and last game he had that cherry-picking, tip-in and he seems to be straight FIRE again.

What I don't understand is this: WHY do teams not clog the Neutral Zone against us? Washington has been giving us PLENTY of room to move the puck up the ice...with speed. That's just a bad play...unless you have the speed to keep up (NJ, LV come to mind). I'd be SHOCKED if the Caps don't change their defensive game plan, this period and start clogging things up...they HAVE to...right?

This is a game where we can make a statement and go jugular on a VERY good team. I'm hesitant to believe it happens because...the Bolts...but it'd be nice to see the boys run them out of the building...for once in a looooong while.

Caps came back from 3-0 against us before two yrs ago but we are playing really well tonight
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Yeah yeah Jason we know

That’s good
Jason Bourne

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:18 pm

3-1 Jason
Phantom Phenom

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:3-1 Jason

Glad you are watching , commentary is good ,
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:52 pm

The good news:

I think our record is ridiculous when leading after 2 periods. Something like 30-1-1...Vasy looked much more comfortable as well.

I was wrong. We only gave up 14 SoG that period. :roll:

The Caps dominated that period...until about the last 3 minutes. We had absolutely NO pressure, offensively. Same old Bolts. I know you can rarely maintain stellar play for 3 periods but this book is getting old: We get behind early...we storm back. We get up early, we go to sleep. The Caps defense played a bit better but they're still letting us move through the NZ, unobstructed...we just rarely had the puck that period.

Typical Bolts game. We probably win this 4-2. I'd be pleasantly surprised to see us come out hot and apply big pressure...maybe pick up a quick goal or two. The Caps will leave themselves exposed because they HAVE to bring heat.

The only way I get nervous is if we start taking penalties...I have ZERO confidence in our PK.

This is gonna be ANOTHER game where we give up 30+ SoG. This is clearly a continuing problem. SOMETHING has to be done. The D just isn't good enough.
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:20 pm

KUCH ! Unreal ! Fake move again
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:KUCH ! Unreal ! Fake move again

He FINALLY pulled it off in regulation.

Magic EVERY time...and makes me LMAO! You almost feel bad for the goalie.

But you don't.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 pm

And AGAIN...Vasy saves our bacon.

I think the battle for the Vezina is over. If it ever really began.

Any doubts we need a veteran defenseman?

The crazy thing was...I'm not exactly sure how the defense played poorly enough to give up that many SoG. I don't know the game well enough to know defensive strategy and coverage...but they seemed (the eye test) to play pretty well. Sustr impressed me tonight. Maybe he played like **** but from what my eyes saw...he seemed ok. Better than ok.

Nice win against a VERY good team.

We have 22 or so games left. I'd feel a WHOLE lot better if we went on a run to end the season. That said...we probably **** the bed against OTT on Thursday.

#itsaboltslife
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:KUCH ! Unreal ! Fake move again

But you don't.

Holtby was pissed ! Lol
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Alpha wrote:And AGAIN...Vasy saves our bacon.

The crazy thing was...I'm not exactly sure how the defense played poorly enough to give up that many SoG. I don't know the game well enough to know defensive strategy and coverage...but they seemed (the eye test) to play pretty well. Sustr impressed me tonight. Maybe he played like **** but from what my eyes saw...he seemed ok. Better than ok.

We have 22 or so games left. I'd feel a WHOLE lot better if we went on a run to end the season. That said...we probably **** the bed against OTT on Thursday.

#itsaboltslife

Yep defense looked good , played a lot tighter , looked in sinc
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:And AGAIN...Vasy saves our bacon.

#itsaboltslife

Yep defense looked good , played a lot tighter , looked in sinc

And STILL gave up nearly 40 (!) SoG.

You CAN'T win in the playoffs doing that...and we've been doing this CONSISTENTLY for nearly 2 months now. Vasy is the ONLY reason why we are where we are. And it will get us beat come playoff time. Mark my words.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:

But you don't.

Holtby was pissed ! Lol

Tough titty. It was still awesome to see in regulation. LMAO!
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

OH ****!!!

I just realized that Holtby was the keeper that Uncle Kuch did that SAME MOVE to during the All-Star game!!!

***damn!!! That makes it even FUNNIER! LMFAO!!!!!!!
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am

Alpha wrote:OH ****!!!

I just realized that Holtby was the keeper that Uncle Kuch did that SAME MOVE to during the All-Star game!!!

***damn!!! That makes it even FUNNIER! LMFAO!!!!!!!

Kuch making Holtby his bitch is funny pooh.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Alpha wrote:#itsaboltslife

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
pewterpirates

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Dumont is back. We claimed him off waivers from Ottawa.
pewterpirates

Postby Alpha » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Dumont is back. We claimed him off waivers from Ottawa.

An AHL body.

Yay?
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 am

5 days left.

WTF are these Canadian fucks thinking?

They keep talking about the Bolts shipping off Point and/or Sergachev for Karlsson.

Sergachev makes NO SENSE, on many levels...unless Karlsson agrees to an extension...which he won't. Point makes no sense...THIS YEAR. Howden is probably 2 years away...maybe one...and is a STUD Center prospect. I just can't see Yzerman crippling our chances THIS YEAR by moving Point.

These ass-hats have already forgotten who the ninja is in these scenarios...and who the "fish" are.
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports