***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Thread!**

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Threa

Postby Teitan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 am

Alpha wrote:
Rocker wrote:
If I were to pick nits, I’d say we looked a little slow transitioning back into our zone; and our fore check passing wasn’t as crisp as other games.

Unlike the last 2 seasons, it's also nice to see this team SHOOTING the puck...instead of trying to "pass" it into the net. I like seeing 30+ shots/game. With our scorers...that is a very good thing.

So much this. Last couple seasons have been so frustrating. Get down there and pass pass pass pass. You shoot that puck at the net enough it's going to go in.
Teitan

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Teitan wrote:
Alpha wrote:Unlike the last 2 seasons, it's also nice to see this team SHOOTING the puck...instead of trying to "pass" it into the net. I like seeing 30+ shots/game. With our scorers...that is a very good thing.

So much this. Last couple seasons have been so frustrating. Get down there and pass pass pass pass. You shoot that puck at the net enough it's going to go in.

Oops. They **** the bed last night, apparently. Not that surprised. Anaheim was embarrassed the night before. They were gonna give max effort.

Looking forward to see how they respond tomorrow night. After the piss-poor showing last night...and Vasy back in goal...I expect this team to step on the gas.
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 am

Last night was fun. I thought for a minute it was going to turn out like the 1st time they played this season when the Panthers climbed back to tie it at 3 goals each.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Buc2 wrote:Last night was fun. I thought for a minute it was going to turn out like the 1st time they played this season when the Panthers climbed back to tie it at 3 goals each.

In my years of watching professional hockey, I've never seen a offense like this. Thus far, they've hung a 7 spot and an 8 on different teams. Again...this isn't a fluke. It will happen again.

It's damn fun to watch though.

I really hope we can stay relatively healthy. It would be a shame not to see what this team becomes after a few months of playing together.
Alpha

Postby Swashy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 am

Amazing how a team can start out when it's not reduced to AHL level
Swashy

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:12 am

A win against the team we'll most likely face in the ECF.

Only saw the 3rd period...OT and the SO.

We've already had 2 wins against the team that we'll most likely face in the ECF. And against St. Louis. Washington. Pittsburgh. Twice.

outside of the LA Kings...who beats this team 4 out of 7?

Alpha

Postby Wharf Rat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:14 am

Alpha wrote:A win against the team we'll most likely face in the ECF.

We've already had 2 wins against the team that we'll most likely face in the ECF. And against St. Louis. Washington. Pittsburgh. Twice.

If we can stay healthy (knocks on wood), I don't think anyone.

I was watching some highlights on Facebook, a few minutes ago, and it made me smile to see a few comments from a couple French Canadians (from Quebec) talking about how "sick" our attack is this season. They also said that Drouin will never be what he was here, being that he doesn't have Stamkos and Kucherov up in Montreal. It was cool to see our boys getting some props.
Wharf Rat

Postby Alpha » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:
Alpha wrote:A win against the team we'll most likely face in the ECF.

If we can stay healthy (knocks on wood), I don't think anyone.

I was watching some highlights on Facebook, a few minutes ago, and it made me smile to see a few comments from a couple French Canadians (from Quebec) talking about how "sick" our attack is this season. They also said that Drouin will never be what he was here, being that he doesn't have Stamkos and Kucherov up in Montreal. It was cool to see our boys getting some props.

The friggin' Canucks know their hockey...and they know good hockey when they see it.

Drouin is a freelance, play-maker...and an exciting one to watch (as a fan)...but when he's forced to play in a scheme, he's not nearly as effective. The fact is, Stevie Y fleeced Montreal into giving us their best defensive prospect for a guy we could afford to lose. Because Yzerman is the best GM in the NHL...and that's what he does.

Watch a Lightning power play. Stamkos and Kucherov, on the same line, with a man advantage.

It's goddam unfair.
Alpha

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Are there any good Lightning forums/boards like this Bucs one? Don't get me wrong, I love the 4-5 people who consistently contribute in here. But just curious if there's a nice form dedicated to the Bolts anywhere?
pewterpirates

Postby Swashy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:24 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Are there any good Lightning forums/boards like this Bucs one? Don't get me wrong, I love the 4-5 people who consistently contribute in here. But just curious if there's a nice form dedicated to the Bolts anywhere?

HFBoards.com. Hands freaking down!!

They have a Lightning forum filled with people. I spend almost all my time there as opposed to here. After almost a decade of being let down by the Bucs I just stick with the team that does not constantly disappoint me.

If we could get Alpha in there as well that would be very nice. I cannot talk some of these people off the bridge any longer. No mistake, I like them all but it won't take you long to figure out why I ask for him. Let's just say we need someone to balance the board with some more positivity. It won't take you long to figure out which poster I am either. Let's just say I'm not one of the chicken littles who freak out and demand that Cooper be fired as soon as we have a bad game.

Please... PLEASE!! Get your ass in there ASAP

You would be a very welcome addition along with Alpha and anyone else here.

Late edit: Here's a link: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/tampa-bay-lightning.27/
Swashy

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 am

Swashy wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:Are there any good Lightning forums/boards like this Bucs one? Don't get me wrong, I love the 4-5 people who consistently contribute in here. But just curious if there's a nice form dedicated to the Bolts anywhere?

They have a Lightning forum filled with people. I spend almost all my time there as opposed to here. After almost a decade of being let down by the Bucs I just stick with the team that does not constantly disappoint me.

If we could get Alpha in there as well that would be very nice. I cannot talk some of these people off the bridge any longer. No mistake, I like them all but it won't take you long to figure out why I ask for him. Let's just say we need someone to balance the board with some more positivity. It won't take you long to figure out which poster I am either. Let's just say I'm not one of the chicken littles who freak out and demand that Cooper be fired as soon as we have a bad game.

Late edit: Here's a link: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/tampa-bay-lightning.27/

I'll be there ASAP. It sucks that we are the same 3 or 4 guys that talk Bolts. Love talking about a winning Tampa team and I sport I've come to love.

And I never even saw a hockey game until I was 20 years old...

EDIT: I guess I won't. It won't allow me to register my user name and won't tell me what I'm doing wrong...other than it's not allowed.

EDIT AGAIN: That site is fucked. Good luck.
Alpha

Postby Swashy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:08 am

I had that problem too. Hell if I know what the problem is. Just create a yahoo account. It worked out fine for me
Swashy

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:22 am

Swashy wrote:I had that problem too. Hell if I know what the problem is. Just create a yahoo account. It worked out fine for me

I have a yahoo account.

Not worth the bullshit. They don't want members or they'd make it easier.

I'm good here.
Alpha

Postby Swashy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 am

Alpha wrote:
Swashy wrote:I had that problem too. Hell if I know what the problem is. Just create a yahoo account. It worked out fine for me

I have a yahoo account.

I'm good here.

Well **** thanks for trying at least. idk maybe the site is hosted in Canada and that's why it's so difficult

maybe the user name is taken too
Swashy

Postby SixStringSamurai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Next two games should be really fun to watch. I'm really loving the aggressive style of play this year on both ends.
SixStringSamurai

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Swashy wrote:
Alpha wrote:
I have a yahoo account.

I'm good here.

Well **** thanks for trying at least. idk maybe the site is hosted in Canada and that's why it's so difficult

maybe the user name is taken too

Yeah...the username is "taken". Always. No matter how absurd I made them...and I made several.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 pm

SixStringSamurai wrote:Next two games should be really fun to watch. I'm really loving the aggressive style of play this year on both ends.

The next 3 actually. SJ/LA and a rematch with Anaheim.

Getting ready for tonight's game. Honestly...I'm a little spooked. I think the Bolts are a very good team this year but we could easily go 0-3 here. And that would temper my enthusiasm a great deal.

SJ is hot right now. We're (most likely) starting Budaj against LA (loss) and Anaheim just kicked our ass last week.

I guess we're about to see what's, what...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:06 am

Jesus H Suffering Bald-Headed Christ.

They may (somehow) lose this game...but for the love of all that is holy...up 4-1 against one of the hottest teams in the league. On the road.

And the defense is scoring? God help the rest of the league if that continues.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

This team can roll out of bed and put 4 up on ANYONE.

And kudos to Jake Dotchin. He's come close so many times in his career to scoring...and he FINALLY gets a clean goal. Congratulations, Jake!
Alpha

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 am

Lightnings vs Kings game going to be epic!!
Phantom Phenom

Postby Rocker » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 am

Alpha wrote:Jesus H Suffering Bald-Headed Christ.

They may (somehow) lose this game...but for the love of all that is holy...up 4-1 against one of the hottest teams in the league. On the road.

And kudos to Jake Dotchin. He's come close so many times in his career to scoring...and he FINALLY gets a clean goal. Congratulations, Jake!

I’ve missed the last four games, help a brother out with a quick synopsis. Stammer-Kuch connection still hot? How’s our young buck on defense doing?
Rocker

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 am

Rocker wrote:
Alpha wrote:Jesus H Suffering Bald-Headed Christ.

I’ve missed the last four games, help a brother out with a quick synopsis. Stammer-Kuch connection still hot? How’s our young buck on defense doing?

Stamkos leads the NHL in points and had 3 assists last night. Kuch is the best player in the lead imo and leads the NHL in goals (scored again last night). The 1st line w/ Stammer-Kuch-Namestnikov is by far the most productive in the league.

Vasy improved to 12-1-1 on the season in goal and might be the most valuable player on the team. He'll probably rest tonight @LA since it's the 2nd of a b2b on the road.

The kid Sergachev is still looking good, picked up a couple of assists over the last 5 games. He's established his role and ice time.

I went to bed after the second period last night when it was 4-1. The Lightning team just skates better then everyone else and has more skill. There was a stretch last night where the Sharks were on a power play and the Lightning still dominated possession despite being down a man, very impressive stuff.

This team is shooting more often and aggressive than past years which is nice to see. One of the great things about this hot start for the Bolts is that they are picking up wins vs good teams. If they continue to play this well when we get into the stretch of basement dwellers things could get ugly.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Alpha wrote:
Swashy wrote:

I'll be there ASAP. It sucks that we are the same 3 or 4 guys that talk Bolts. Love talking about a winning Tampa team and I sport I've come to love.

And I never even saw a hockey game until I was 20 years old...

EDIT: I guess I won't. It won't allow me to register my user name and won't tell me what I'm doing wrong...other than it's not allowed.

EDIT AGAIN: That site is fucked. Good luck.

It's a weird site, and one that is always a pain to register for, but it's the best sports forum on the net IMO. I've actually been permabanned multiple times for trolling but always have to rejoin lol. But damn is it fun to troll on that board.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Via the Bolts twitter.

Vladdy, Stammer, and Kuch have combined for a total of 71 points through our first 16 games.

Crazy that all 3 play on the same line.

DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Well I think the fact they are on the same line is why they have so many points. Still the best line in hockey right now though, no doubt about it.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Well I think the fact they are on the same line is why they have so many points. Still the best line in hockey right now though, no doubt about it.

That is certainly the case.

Something else that is impressive that Vladdy + Brayden Point have combined for 34 points which would almost put them on that graphic of "Highest scoring teammates" and they are 3rd and 4th for the Bolts in points.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Who's Point playing with? Does he play first team PP?
real bucs fan

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Man, this team is so dang fun to watch. Even if you're not a hockey fan, you've gotta start paying attention to what this team is doing. So much skill, such great chemistry and teamwork, the passing is unbelievable.

They gave up a goal less than a minute into play. The two teams battle back and forth for about 10 minutes, but the rest of the entire game, the Bolts dominated.

No one has been able to figure out how to slow down the Stamkov line. Easily the best in hockey. If they keep this up, wow.
pewterpirates

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Who's Point playing with? Does he play first team PP?

Point is playing a lot with Gourde and Palat.

And the Bolts rode the Stamkov and the Point lines a lot last night. Not much ice time from the 3rd and 4th lines.
pewterpirates

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 pm

I just registered successfully on my first try. I don't know man... best of luck
Swashy

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

We're making Quick look slow tonight. 4 in the first period? Insane.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports