***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Thread!**

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2017-18 NHL Season Threa

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun May 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Don’t know why Alpha is so angry , too much drinking I suppose ...The deal is caps did the same thing in game 7 as they did in game 6 with no adjustments . That’ coaching imo . Oh and Stralmen sucks .
This team just needs to get tougher and be motivated

Alpha is actually one of the voices of reason on this subject.

Yeah alpha and six string samurai
Jason Bourne

Postby The Outsider » Sun May 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Alpha wrote:
The Outsider wrote:
No one is worried about the team per se...

I guess you aren't familiar with G String Samurai and Jason Bourne?

Maybe it really is just as simple as, we were beaten by a team that was very talented and playing better than we were, in this series.

The over-reaction by some, while not entirely surprising, is kinda funny. And very few of you are coming up with real solutions or answers. Being "tougher" or playing with an "edge"? What the **** does that even mean? Most are just venting because of the disappointment, I understand...if you're looking for ways to improve this team...at LEAST have an actual, TANGIBLE suggestion...or why bother?

The Caps are a talented team that outplayed us, I feel like I've said this about a thousand times.

Hrmm.. I said we need a big, physical forward that can shoot. Clearly not tangible. Mentioned Richards who was everywhere, anyone who watched that game knows what I'm talking about, he never let the puck leave Clagary's zone and he ****ing scored when he wanted. Tenacity is tangible. It's measurable. Because it's a god damn fancy word for effort.

Why did the Tampa Bay Lightning decide to take a whole series off hitting? That's a tangible criticism, because it's ****ing true. They beat the **** out of Boston who aren't a team of midgets. So why not bring a similar effort to the ****ing ECF?

And for the other ****...

Is six string samurai even a Lightning fan?
The Outsider

Postby Alpha » Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Your wife and mom certainly didn't think so.

Is that the very best you got ? You really should think about leaving family out of it . It really shows you are a punk .

I've actually have a whole lot worse. Listen kid...don't call people a "faggot" and then get all butt-hurt when they respond in kind.

It really shows you are a tool...and quite possibly, my bitch.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Maybe it really is just as simple as, we were beaten by a team that was very talented and playing better than we were, in this series.

The over-reaction by some, while not entirely surprising, is kinda funny. And very few of you are coming up with real solutions or answers. Being "tougher" or playing with an "edge"? What the **** does that even mean? Most are just venting because of the disappointment, I understand...if you're looking for ways to improve this team...at LEAST have an actual, TANGIBLE suggestion...or why bother?

The Caps are a talented team that outplayed us, I feel like I've said this about a thousand times.

Hrmm.. I said we need a big, physical forward that can shoot. Clearly not tangible. Mentioned Richards who was everywhere, anyone who watched that game knows what I'm talking about, he never let the puck leave Clagary's zone and he ****ing scored when he wanted. Tenacity is tangible. It's measurable. Because it's a god damn fancy word for effort.

Why did the Tampa Bay Lightning decide to take a whole series off hitting? That's a tangible criticism, because it's ****ing true. They beat the **** out of Boston who aren't a team of midgets. So why not bring a similar effort to the ****ing ECF?

I don't know how many times I have to say that this doesn't ALL pertain to you. The parts that don't...just ignore.

Now...as far as you're critique goes...JT Miller is that guy. Allegedly. I'm not sure who else that we could reasonably acquire, would fit the bill. Any suggestions? What type of player are you thinking of?
Alpha

Postby The Outsider » Sun May 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Alpha wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I don't know how many times I have to say that this doesn't ALL pertain to you. The parts that don't...just ignore.

Now...as far as you're critique goes...JT Miller is that guy. Allegedly. I'm not sure who else that we could reasonably acquire, would fit the bill. Any suggestions? What type of player are you thinking of?

Blake Wheeler or Kopitar would fit the bill. JT Miller doesn't do it for me.
The Outsider

Postby Alpha » Sun May 27, 2018 11:28 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Blake Wheeler or Kopitar would fit the bill. JT Miller doesn't do it for me.

What about if I told you there is a chancethat Kucherov could be traded?

(Hypothetically speaking)...would you trade Kuch for Wheeler, straight up?

I'll get into the details later...but after next year, Point AND Kuch are due new contracts. It's highly unlikely (baring us trading a big contract), that we can afford both. IMO...Point is the more important player. He's a natural Center...a more valuable position.

So...HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING...would you do a Kuch for Wheeler deal?

I think I would.

Especially considering who we have coming up next year or the year after...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Ok...scratch that. I thought Wheeler was younger than he is. He's 31 AND a UFA after next year. He makes 5.6/per and if he has a similar year to this year, he'll get a raise. A big one.

No way, I do that for Kuch.

HOLY ****! Kopitar is much worse. He's 30 and making TEN MIL/YEAR...for the next SIX YEARS.

IF we could rent one of them for a year or 2...I'd be more than down...and yes...I like where you're head's at as far as player "type" goes...but Yzerman has set this team up to be a contender for many, many years to come.

Let me think about this for a bit and see if I could come up with something that we could get for Kuch…

TO BE CLEAR: I'm not advocating trading Kuch.

The FACT is, this is a hard cap league...and after next year, not only do we have to re-up Kuch and Point...but we have Gourde (UFA), McDonagh (UFA), Coburn (Thank God), Stralman and Girardi all UFA's. That leaves us (Hedman and Sergachev) as our blue line. And we aren't replacing them with Foote, Masin and whoever else. Not all at once.

We gots problems a-comin'.

THIS YEAR, we're looking at somewhere between 6 and 11 mil in cap space (depending on the projected increase)...with JT Miller to (possibly) re-sign.

We're losing SOMEONE on offense; Gourde, Kuch or Point. Kuch gives us the most bang for the buck.

I've actually been tossing around a Kuch for PK Subban/Eric Karlsson type of deal. Odds are...an offensive player by TB is gonna be traded for a defensive player. It just makes sense, considering our organizational strengths and weaknesses.

Thoughts?
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 am

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Is that the very best you got ? You really should think about leaving family out of it . It really shows you are a punk .

I've actually have a whole lot worse. Listen kid...don't call people a "faggot" and then get all butt-hurt when they respond in kind.

Lmao at ur punk ass ... listen we have had this little talk before .. when you call me a schmuck , then I will call you a little faggot . Because you want to suck my big **** but I won’t let you cause I ain’t gay .
Jason Bourne

Postby PlinkoBuccaneer » Mon May 28, 2018 10:13 pm

There is a next year. Just a temporary setback. Hopefully Steve Yzerman could the bring back, and re-sign the core of the Lightning veterans from this team, will be with the team to make another run to the Stanley Cup Final in 2019. GO BOLTS. ;)
Last edited by PlinkoBuccaneer on Tue May 29, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlinkoBuccaneer

Postby Alpha » Tue May 29, 2018 12:38 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:

...Because you want to suck my big **** but I won’t let you cause I ain’t gay .

How in the hell did you confuse me with your brother?
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:00 am

The Outsider wrote:
Alpha wrote:

That is the question I've been asking since the day after Game 7. No one in the media has brought it up that I can find, let alone answered the question.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 am

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
...Because you want to suck my big **** but I won’t let you cause I ain’t gay .

What is up with your wierd obsession with my family ? It’s creepy .

Remember this .. you are a 5-6 inch tall loser with a bartender job , a pathetic person who will never amount to anything .
I am tall dark and handsome , chicks throw themselves at me, I am married to a gorgeous corporate lawyer and we travel to hawaii and Asia frequently .
You are not even B level troll but keep trying
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 31, 2018 5:47 pm

2 coaches let go ... new defensive coach coming in hopefully

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/ligh ... -298862926
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Thu May 31, 2018 7:41 pm

I think it was one of the writers at Raw Charge that had hoped this would happen...and thought it might.

Apparently, Bowness was brought on board to assist Cooper (Cooper being a new NHL coach and all). Bones never had much of a track history of success.

Solid, necessary move. Now maybe we can get the defense/penalty kill figured out...
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Alpha wrote:I think it was one of the writers at Raw Charge that had hoped this would happen...and thought it might.

Apparently, Bowness was brought on board to assist Cooper (Cooper being a new NHL coach and all). Bones never had much of a track history of success.

Solid, necessary move. Now maybe we can get the defense/penalty kill figured out...

Yep hope so
Jason Bourne

Postby Alpha » Thu May 31, 2018 9:26 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:

Remember this .. you are a 5-6 inch tall loser with a bartender job , a pathetic person who will never amount to anything .
I am tall dark and handsome , chicks throw themselves at me, I am married to a gorgeous corporate lawyer and we travel to hawaii and Asia frequently .

Interesting.

This is what you're going with, sport?

This is really, the road you want to go down? I don't really think you do...you might not like where it ends.

I'm not getting into a "biggest ****" competition with ya. You'd lose but that's beside the point. The point is...what kind of narcissist does it take to (as a keyboard warrior, of course), talk about the size of his **** and describe themselves as "tall, dark and handsome"?

"We travel to Hawaii and Asia frequently". I gotta admit...I laughed out loud. Sounded so Ron Burgundy-ish. Like you're trying too hard to impress people on the interwebz. You smell like desperation.

Keep at it though. The more you write, the more I LOL'z.
Alpha

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:05 am

Alpha wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Interesting.

This is really, the road you want to go down? I don't really think you do...you might not like where it ends.

I'm not getting into a "biggest ****" competition with ya. You'd lose but that's beside the point. The point is...what kind of narcissist does it take to (as a keyboard warrior, of course), talk about the size of his **** and describe themselves as "tall, dark and handsome"?

"We travel to Hawaii and Asia frequently". I gotta admit...I laughed out loud. Sounded so Ron Burgundy-ish. Like you're trying too hard to impress people on the interwebz. You smell like desperation.

blah blah blah
Jason Bourne

Postby SixStringSamurai » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:03 am

The Outsider wrote:Is six string samurai even a Lightning fan?

Big fan. I just lose my **** when they start the suckage cause I believe this team can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. Hell, I think this team can be a team filled with all stars. That’s how good I think this team is.
SixStringSamurai

Postby Alpha » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:26 am

SixStringSamurai wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Is six string samurai even a Lightning fan?

Big fan. I just lose my **** when they start the suckage cause I believe this team can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime. Hell, I think this team can be a team filled with all stars. That’s how good I think this team is.

Just like the rest of us hate when you start the suckage cause we believe you are a horrible, bandwagon, chump.

That's how bad we all believe you are.

Go drown yourself in a toilet.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:29 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Interesting.

blah blah blah

Do you have many leather bound books and does your home smell like rich mahogany?

LOLZ!

You're the tits, kid!
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:12 am

Alpha wrote:
SixStringSamurai wrote:

Just like the rest of us hate when you start the suckage cause we believe you are a horrible, bandwagon, chump.

That's how bad we all believe you are.

Go drown yourself in a toilet.

Calm down there Bootz. Your posts are very insightful but ***damn you’re a ****ing tool. Drown myself in a toilet? Come up with something better than that.
SixStringSamurai

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:15 am

Jason Bourne

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Phantom Phenom

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Bolts have traded back-up goalie Peter Budaj to the LA Kings in exchange for forward (LW) Andy Andreoff.

Do we need to start a new thread?
DreadNaught

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Bolts have traded back-up goalie Peter Budaj to the LA Kings in exchange for forward (LW) Andy Andreoff.

Do we need to start a new thread?

You better hurry before plinkobot start new one
Phantom Phenom

Postby Alpha » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 am

DreadNaught wrote:Bolts have traded back-up goalie Peter Budaj to the LA Kings in exchange for forward (LW) Andy Andreoff.

A solid first step. Yzerman is doing Yzerman things. Domingue clearly showed himself to be the better back-up. Expect his re-signing shortly. Andreoff is an AHL'er. At best.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires over the next 10 days or so. I expect Coburn will be dealt. We need to clear cap space for 2019 and get younger with our 3rd/4th line defensemen.

Keep an eye on the Karlsson situation in OTT. Wouldn't be shocked if Yzerman isn't talking to them. With this legal thing going on there, there is NO WAY Karlsson stays. And at this point, he's the ONLY one of the two that has any value. He probably goes to Vegas...but it could get interesting.

JT Miller is another thing to keep an eye on. Re-sign or trade by the draft...
Alpha

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:34 am

Karlsson is going to cost 10 million per year. Subban is the highest paid defender at 9 million and you know he is going north of that. Don’t think he is in the cards for Tampa.
Brazen331

Postby Alpha » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Karlsson is going to cost 10 million per year. Subban is the highest paid defender at 9 million and you know he is going north of that. Don’t think he is in the cards for Tampa.

Interesting you mention this.

If you look at the website CapFriendly, you'll notice that NEXT YEAR, most of our defense become UFA. Some will be welcome (Coburn...if he's still here, Girardi), some will hurt (McD, Stralman). Regardless...we're looking at having to modify and/or re-build our defense next year. Foote is still likely a year away after next year, as well.

Offensively, AFTER NEXT YEAR, Kucherov is an UFA. Point and Gourde are RFA. Point is coming off of his Entry Level Contract and is gonna get a 3-4 mil/yr. bump...all by himself (assuming a bridge contract is in the works).

All of this said...a month or so ago, I responded to someone (Outsider, perhaps) about us considering a trade of Kucherov. Let that sink in. The possibility that we actually trade a 24/5 year old, 100 ppy player. Non-sense...right?

Lo and behold...anyone see the article by The Hockey Writers today?

Don't read it, if you're squeemish...
Alpha

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 am

San Jose is the huge winner in this 3-team Hoffman trade. Who knows if any of those picks will hit but they cleared over 4 million in cap space. They are going to go hard after Tavares.
Brazen331

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports