Mayweather V. Pacquaio-May 2nd

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Who will win?

Floyd Mayweather
40%
Manny Pacquiao
60%
Split Decision
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: Mayweather V. Pacquaio-May 2nd

Postby StillCSG » Sat May 02, 2015 11:35 pm

it was embedded on mine
StillCSG

Postby StillCSG » Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 pm

StillCSG

Postby StillCSG » Sat May 02, 2015 11:43 pm

How in the **** are the "unofficial" scorecards saying Floyd is winning.....BY A WIDE margin
StillCSG

Postby 81mm Shake and Bake » Sat May 02, 2015 11:47 pm

I guess I don't get boxing. Pack was VERY aggressive and was constantly on the attack, Floyd looked very passive. And somehow Floyd is leading? Looked like Pack had more punches land.
81mm Shake and Bake

Postby StillCSG » Sat May 02, 2015 11:52 pm

WTF?!?!?!?!?

THIS kind of bullshit is why boxing is dead
StillCSG

Postby StillCSG » Sat May 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Whoever scored that fight 188-110 should never judge anything EVER AGAIN
StillCSG

Postby Heisenberg » Sat May 02, 2015 11:55 pm

So Floyd's fighting in September and he says its his last.
Heisenberg

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am

CSG, either we watched 2 completely different fights or you know nothing about BOXING. Floyd did what he was supposed to do. Get Manny out of his game and he did it very well. Lulled him to sleep and then hit his punches. Manny missed with punch after punch when he had Floyd on the ropes, hitting gloves, arms and elbows. One of Manny's worst performances in a while because he was out of his game.
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Sun May 03, 2015 12:02 am

I think it was a bit closer than the cards; but there was no doubt in my mind that Mayweather won, handily.
Rocker

Postby StillCSG » Sun May 03, 2015 12:18 am

81mm Shake and Bake wrote:I guess I don't get boxing. Pack was VERY aggressive and was constantly on the attack, Floyd looked very passive. And somehow Floyd is leading? Looked like Pack had more punches land.

Apparently holding on and running like a bitch score in boxing now...

did Mayweather win the last 3 rds???yes
did he win win the first...yes

did he win any others....not a ****ing chance
StillCSG

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:CSG, either we watched 2 completely different fights or you know nothing about BOXING. Floyd did what he was supposed to do. Get Manny out of his game and he did it very well. Lulled him to sleep and then hit his punches. Manny missed with punch after punch when he had Floyd on the ropes, hitting gloves, arms and elbows. One of Manny's worst performances in a while because he was out of his game.

Nailed it.

I wouldn't have scored it 118-110. I was more in line with the third judge at 116-112... maybe one more round to Pac; either way, Mayweather fought his fight and Pacquaio didn't fight his.

Overall, I didn't find it to be a very exciting fight, which is the strongest indicator it was a Mayweather victory. He's a great "boxer" and that can be a bit... well... boring... but it's effective and he built his empire on that. Pacquaio should be disappointed in himself for softening his attack, and I bet he will be when he watches the tape.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:27 am

StillCSG wrote:
81mm Shake and Bake wrote:I guess I don't get boxing. Pack was VERY aggressive and was constantly on the attack, Floyd looked very passive. And somehow Floyd is leading? Looked like Pack had more punches land.

Unfortunately, holding and running is smart boxing especially against someone who is, typically, aggressive like Pac. I don't personally care for it, but it's smart and effective.

Look at the numbers and it really shows the difference in efficiency. It's east to get caught up in the excitement of watching a flurries attack without actually seeing that the most of the punches are worthless shots to the arms.
Deja Entendu

Postby terrytate » Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

Unfortunately, holding and running is smart boxing especially against someone who is, typically, aggressive like Pac. I don't personally care for it, but it's smart and effective.

Look at the numbers and it really shows the difference in efficiency. It's east to get caught up in the excitement of watching a flurries attack without actually seeing that the most of the punches are worthless shots to the arms.

I won't debate the effectiveness, but I will say that I'd never spend money on a Mayweather fight.
terrytate

Postby StillCSG » Sun May 03, 2015 12:32 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

Apparently you and the judges missed Pac dissecting Manny's ribs from the 3nd to the 8th...either that or going to the body doesn't count in boxing anymore
StillCSG

Postby Heisenberg » Sun May 03, 2015 12:38 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

Yep that's why we saw Floyd laugh the flurries off...they were all hitting his arms. Floyd did what he does best...pac didn't, Floyd didn't let him.
Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Sun May 03, 2015 12:38 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

link to the official numbers?
Heisenberg

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:43 am

StillCSG wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

Apparently you and the judges missed Pac dissecting Manny's ribs from the 3nd to the 8th...either that or going to the body doesn't count in boxing anymore

Nope I saw it, which is why I said he won 5 rounds, but he didn't do it enough and wasn't nearly as efficient as he needed to be... which normally would have been enough for him, except he seemed to be holding back for some reason. Kellerman commented on it repeatedly during the post-fight interview. He could have won this fight easily if he'd either attacked a little more or landed more quality shots.

He looked to have the fight taken over in rounds 2, 3, and 4, but I felt he lost the 5th, bounced back in the 6th but eased up after that. I have him another round after that but at this point I honestly forget which one. At the end of the day, he didn't do what he needed to to win this fight. It's a shame, but it's what happened.
Deja Entendu

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sun May 03, 2015 12:46 am

Pac man said he won the fight and that's all that matters...this fight is the real example why people do not watch boxing anymore.
SixStringSamurai

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:48 am

Heisenberg wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

link to the official numbers?

I just saw them on the screen post-fight. I'm sure the compubox numbers are out there already though. Floyd was MUCH more efficient with his punches. That part of it really wasn't close.
Deja Entendu

Postby Heisenberg » Sun May 03, 2015 12:48 am

This old guy on ESPN is pissed lol
Heisenberg

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:53 am

SixStringSamurai wrote:Pac man said he won the fight and that's all that matters...this fight is the real example why people do not watch boxing anymore.

The guy that lost said he won and that's all that matters?? Haha

I agree the fight wasn't really entertaining. Mayweather fights aren't. Pacquiao fights are. This was more a Mayweather fight.

Honestly, I don't know why Pacquiao came out slower than normal. People, like Bootz already did, will say that it's because Mayweather wouldn't let him, and to a point that's true, but he could have attacked more. He cost himself the fight, in my opinion.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 am

Deja Entendu

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 1:26 am

Pacman just couldn't hit Mayweather. Couldn't get past his jab or his counter right. Mayweather hit him with it all night.

People like CSG see Pacman flail punches and think they're landing, but through 11 rounds Pacman was landing about 18% of his punches. There is NO WAY to win a fight landing 18%.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 am

Mayweather outlanded Pacquiao 148 to 81 and even threw more punches, 435 to 429.

The numbers also showed Mayweather–now the unified welterweight champion after collecting Pacquiao’s WBO belt to go with his WBA and WBC crowns–hitting the Filipino boxing star more power punches with 81 as compared to 63.

The 38-year-old Mayweather kept Pacquiao at a distance with his effective jabbing. The American boxer landed 67 out of 267 attempts. The Filipino, in contrast, connected on just 18 jabs out of 193.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 1:33 am

Pacman threw about 400 punches less that he should have. He would have needed 850+ punches to have a chance to hit and beat Mayweather.

It's fights like this that show just how dominant Mayweather can be. He made a bull dog like Manny respect that right hand and stay away. Manny didn't want any part of that counter right hand tonight.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 2:50 am

Wow, Mayweather said he is going to vacate his titles Momday and let other younger fighters get them.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:46 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Wow, Mayweather said he is going to vacate his titles Momday and let other younger fighters get them.

September is his last fight. His legacy in boxing is complete.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 am

terrytate wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

I won't debate the effectiveness, but I will say that I'd never spend money on a Mayweather fight.

People hate his style but that's why he's undefeated. He's a true boxer. Defends better than anyone and counters with quickness as well. That's boxing. Had Manny truly gone ape **** crazy like he's known to do, Mayweather would not only block most of his punches, but Manny would've gotten hit quite a bit too with some rights and lefts.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 11:53 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
terrytate wrote:

People hate his style but that's why he's undefeated. He's a true boxer. Defends better than anyone and counters with quickness as well. That's boxing. Had Manny truly gone ape **** crazy like he's known to do, Mayweather would not only block most of his punches, but Manny would've gotten hit quite a bit too with some rights and lefts.

Talking to people about Mayweather often shows how few understand the sport of boxing at all.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Wow, Mayweather said he is going to vacate his titles Momday and let other younger fighters get them.

September is his last fight. His legacy in boxing is complete.

I know. Still I think that's going to be hard to do. Mayweather Sr. really wants his son to retire. He wants him to retire even before this last fight in September.
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports