Mayweather V. Pacquaio-May 2nd

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Who will win?

Floyd Mayweather
40%
Manny Pacquiao
60%
Split Decision
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: Mayweather V. Pacquaio-May 2nd

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 am

Manny couldn't take a loss last night. Said he felt he won which is ludicrous. Then he started saying he was injured before the fight while also saying he isn't making excuses. He just cannot accept that he lost because Floyd is a far superior boxer.
PrimeMinister

Postby Hit55 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Obviously, I'm a big Pacquiao fan. But anyone who though that fight was remotely close must come from a different galaxy.

For years, I believed Pac-man had the tool set and enough unpredictability to beat Mayweather, or at least give him a sharp run for his money. Mayweather was able to put that to rest last night and I will have to hold my breath in that regard. Money was the far superior all-around boxer last night. It was a runaway after round 7. I don't know what Pacquiao was thinking when he said he believed he was ahead in the last few rounds. It wasn't even close! And I was rooting for him. Mayweather landed a ton of shots...not only that, but shots that really mattered. Pacquiao had a couple good moments, even great ones (knocking Floyd back and catching him by surprise and following with flurries at times). Had he kept up the pace he had in Round 4, this might be a different story.

Overall, it was a very Mayweather type of fight, and Pacquiao allowed that to happen. You cannot charge at Floyd straight on like a bull and expect to win unless you plan on doing that for all 12 rounds.

Maybe we speak to a different tune had this fight taken place six years ago, but I won't make any excuses. Floyd showed last night, how excellent a tactician he has always been. Pacquiao had no excuse as he should have known he had to knock Floyd out to win the fight, whether he was ahead or not. So I can't feel sorry for him...but I am disappointed in him. Plus, they made 9 figures total and about $168,000 a second last night.
Hit55

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 am

An administrative error on the scorecard used in Floyd Mayweather's victory over Manny Pacquiao has ignited conspiracy theorists into suggesting the Filipino should have won the bout.

Judges Glenn Feldman, Burt Clements and Dave Moretti, named 'white', 'blue' and 'pink' on the scorecard respectively, all award Mayweather victory on the night but in every column where they mark their scores at the end of the round, he is labelled as being in the red corner.

This is the point that has galvanised certain boxing fans into suggesting the fight may have been awarded to the wrong fighter because Mayweather was actually in the blue corner in Las Vegas. It was Pacquiao who took red.

It is very unlikely to be anything more than human error but conspiracy theorists will allege there was something sinister at hand, though there is no evidence of any intentional wrongdoing on the part of the judges

The bottom right of the scorecard, issued by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, has 'Mayweather won by unanimous decision' written underneath Moretti's name.

Evader [sic] Holyfield was among those questioning the decision of the judges, saying 'I thought Pacquiao won a poor fight.'

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby acmillis » Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 am

That conspiracy is cool and all...but what about the far right score card that says "Mayweather won..."

He meant to write Pacquiao....right. :roll:
acmillis

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:52 am

acmillis wrote:That conspiracy is cool and all...but what about the far right score card that says "Mayweather won..."

He meant to write Pacquiao....right. :roll:

How should I know?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 05, 2015 9:17 am

I've never seen a group of fans have such a hard time accepting an obvious loss.

The fighters' names are printed on their respective sides of the card.
PrimeMinister

Postby Heisenberg » Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 am

Saw retards on Facebook claiming PAC really won because of this error. First, stats don't lie, Floyd clearly won. Second, this makes no sense. Ya, let's all score PAC higher, but just write Floyd wins at the bottom, and take a pic, and share it on the web. No one will notice PAC really won by the scores!

If PAC really won but they wanted Floyd to, wouldn't they alter the scores to so it doesnt show PAC was supposedly scored higher? Not leave the scoring the same and just write Floyd wins. And it has the boxers names directly above the scores.

Idiots...people need to just accept Floyd won and move on. Not people here, just in general.
Heisenberg

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Floyd Mayweather's name is PRINTED on the winning side of each card. Not sure why the "R" matters. This is a testament to Mayweather's marketing. Fans hate him so much and will buy ANOTHER fight just to watch him lose. They'll tell themselves "Pac really won the last fight and Boxer X is going to teach Mayweather a lesson."

It's fans like this that make Floyd 'Money' Mayweather $100+ million every year.

To Money May's haters with money:

PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Class action lawsuit has been filed against Pacquiao & Top Rank for failing to disclose the injury before the fight. Lawsuit includes PPV sales and tickets. No word on if it includes those who bet on Pacman.
PrimeMinister

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Wow... people are actually surprised that the event went EXACTLY like everyone thought it would? Mayweather spends 12 rounds avoiding contact and throwing enough jabs to win the decision. I can't believe people paid $100 to watch that.
bucfanclw

Postby acmillis » Wed May 06, 2015 8:35 am

bucfanclw wrote:Wow... people are actually surprised that the event went EXACTLY like everyone thought it would? Mayweather spends 12 rounds avoiding contact and throwing enough jabs to win the decision. I can't believe people paid $100 to watch that.

acmillis

Postby Heisenberg » Wed May 06, 2015 6:41 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Wow... people are actually surprised that the event went EXACTLY like everyone thought it would? Mayweather spends 12 rounds avoiding contact and throwing enough jabs to win the decision. I can't believe people paid $100 to watch that.

Exactly.

The thing is, because this wqs q huge fight, all these people that arent really boxing fans or are just casually, and didnt know how Floyd fights watched it and expected more cause they dont know what theyre watching. They see pacman swinging and think he should win. whoever thinks pac won doesnt know boxing. Now we get all these non fans/casuals claiming it was a bad and boring fight. Then everyones like, this is why boxing is dead. Anyone who knows boxing knew what was gonna happen, floyd avoiding and blocking while throwing in jabs, then some combos when pac left himself open. Floyd backed himself into the ropes several times and pac still couldnt do ****. Some friends paid $30 to see at a bar, I wasnt even spending $30 on it, plus drinks. Stayed home and streamed it, dont regret it.
Last edited by Heisenberg on Wed May 06, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Wed May 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Oh and i guess now Floyd said hed fight Pac again...lol
Heisenberg

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Oh and i guess now Floyd said hed fight Pac again...lol

And it will be for fight #50. Guaranteed
PrimeMinister

Postby AwesomeAsBuc » Wed May 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Anyone who has ever paid to watch Mayweather fight before should have known what to expect from this fight. But I do feel a little bad for the casual boxing fan or just sports fan who ordered this because of the hype and got to watch a hurt Manny fight against a pure counter-puncher who is interested in a points victory. This isn't Tyson-Lewis where you KNOW someone is getting knocked out.

That being said, 5-6 years ago I think it's a CLOSER fight, but I still would have had money on Mayweather.

His style doesn't age as fast as a puncher. He also hasn't had his bell rung a few times recently like Pacquaio.
AwesomeAsBuc

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 06, 2015 10:18 pm

AwesomeAsBuc wrote:Anyone who has ever paid to watch Mayweather fight before should have known what to expect from this fight. But I do feel a little bad for the casual boxing fan or just sports fan who ordered this because of the hype and got to watch a hurt Manny fight against a pure counter-puncher who is interested in a points victory. This isn't Tyson-Lewis where you KNOW someone is getting knocked out.

That being said, 5-6 years ago I think it's a CLOSER fight, but I still would have had money on Mayweather.

His style doesn't age as fast as a puncher. He also hasn't had his bell rung a few times recently like Pacquaio.

I agree that a few years ago it would have been closer and more exciting, but the outcome would be the same. Although it's harder to notice Floyd is definitely showing signs of aging in his game. He isn't as quick as he was 5 years ago. He needs to retire soon.
PrimeMinister

Postby Ken Carson » Thu May 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Why was this a boring fight? Because former Bucs kicker Martin Gramatica has 2 inches and 30 lbs on both of these guys.
Ken Carson

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Why was this a boring fight? Because former Bucs kicker Martin Gramatica has 2 inches and 30 lbs on both of these guys.

And would still get his *** kicked by either.
PrimeMinister

Postby Ken Carson » Fri May 08, 2015 8:39 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Why was this a boring fight? Because former Bucs kicker Martin Gramatica has 2 inches and 30 lbs on both of these guys.

And would still get his *** kicked by either.

Obviously... They are professional boxers.

My point was it was like watching two 6th graders fight.
Ken Carson

Postby Heisenberg » Fri May 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Ive never seen a 6th grader with moves like Floyd.
Heisenberg

Postby Heisenberg » Fri May 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Ppv numbers at 2.25 million buys not including cable. Projecting cables usual 60%, number will be around 5 million. The fight cost $89 sd, $99 for HD...crazy $$$$.
http://www.ibtimes.com/mayweather-vs-pa ... ll-1915003
Heisenberg

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat May 09, 2015 4:34 am

Heisenberg wrote:Ppv numbers at 2.25 million buys not including cable. Projecting cables usual 60%, number will be around 5 million. The fight cost $89 sd, $99 for HD...crazy $$$$.
http://www.ibtimes.com/mayweather-vs-pa ... ll-1915003

Wow! The PPV alone could be worth $450-$550 million. Mayweather's contact calls for half of that. Good lord!
PrimeMinister

Postby Ken Carson » Thu May 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Ive never seen a 6th grader with moves like Floyd.

God you are dense.
Ken Carson

Previous

Return to Other Sports