NBA finals 2017 : Cavs vs Warriors

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Who ya got?

Cavs in 4
7%
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
No votes
Cavs in 7
7%
Warriors in 4
No votes
Warriors in 5
29%
Warriors in 6
57%
Warriors in 7
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: NBA finals 2017 : Cavs vs Warriors

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 am

there is absolutely no way "they" allow this series to sweep. all that lost revenue from only 4 games instead of 5,6, or 7. Absolutely no way. Here comes the flattest warriors team or the worst officiated game you've ever seen

only way they allow it to happen is if they think they're getting a little too "hot on the radar" and make a calculated decision to sacrifice the money to beat back the suspicion

beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 am

beardmcdoug wrote:there is absolutely no way "they" allow this series to sweep. all that lost revenue from only 4 games instead of 5,6, or 7. Absolutely no way. Here comes the flattest warriors team or the worst officiated game you've ever seen

only way they allow it to happen is if they think they're getting a little too "hot on the radar" and make a calculated decision to sacrifice the money to beat back the suscipicion

Glad I'm not the only one who understands these multibillion dollar industries have some say and influence on the outcome of their games. They don't just leave it up to chance and competition. There is a bottom line. I read this morning that GS stands to miss out on nearly $25mil in revenue if there is no game 5.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:59 am

beardmcdoug wrote:there is absolutely no way "they" allow this series to sweep.

beardmcdoug wrote:only way they allow it to happen is if ...

So it's definitely going to be a sweep. Unless it's not a sweep. That's very Bootzian of you.
NYBF

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am

Super K wrote:
And LBJ passing off (to someone in the left corner..Love I think) boggles my mind...no way MJ was passing the ball in that situation..

This play rite here upset me like nothing else! This play cause not only the Cav's the series BUT imho it also put a HUGE stain on James's legacy.

Come on Lebron, you are a freight train; you are driving and can get an easy put in AND a foul BUT you pass to Kover!!!!??? You gat to be kidding me.

I was truly rooting HARD for the Cavs to win BUT, with that play, Lebron will be swept!!

I still can not believe that he passed that up.

I thought I was the only one that think this was their biggest blunder down the stretch because I did not hear any one mention it last night on the tv.
bahamian:bucfan

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:Yep, get the confetti and band ready..

This ****er is DONE..

Horrible shot selection at the end by Cleveland.. absolutely horrible..

And LBJ passing off (to someone in the left corner..Love I think) boggles my mind...no way MJ was passing the ball in that situation..

It was Korver, who is only in the league b/c he makes shots like that. When MJ passed to Kerr or BJ Armstrong they made those shots. Kicking out to open 3pt shooters is how the game is played these days (not that I like it).

Cavs played terrible that final 2 minutes of that game. Credit to KD for nailing that walk down 3. But after that the Cavs still had a chance to get a 2-1 down a point but Kyrie was too busy pounding the ball into ground. They he missed and the Cavs didn't foul Draymond when they had the chance after the rebound.

Just terrible execution by the Cavs late in that game and KD was clutch down the stretch.

Series over...

I get what you're saying, but those passes to Kerr or BJ were made with Chicago up in the series, when the bulls had leverage..

Cleveland was fighting for it's life..Korver has been poop...LBJ needs to take that shot..

I agree though that Cleveland still had chances after that and **** the bed..

Game 4 is gonna be a blowout imo..as ugly, if not more, than when the Celts beat LA in game 7 in 2008(?)..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am

With the game on the line no way Lebron James should be leaving it up to Kyle Corver. Bottom line.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 am

NYBF wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:there is absolutely no way "they" allow this series to sweep.

beardmcdoug wrote:only way they allow it to happen is if ...

So it's definitely going to be a sweep. Unless it's not a sweep. That's very Bootzian of you.

what's so hard to understand
beardmcdoug

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am

Bootz2004 wrote:With the game on the line no way Lebron James should be leaving it up to Kyle Corver. Bottom line.

Agreed..

However I'd add that it was only/just the game on the line..it was the series/championship..

Which makes it even more perplexing/frustrating..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:51 am

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:With the game on the line no way Lebron James should be leaving it up to Kyle Corver. Bottom line.

Agreed..

However I'd add that it was only/just the game on the line..it was the series/championship..

Which makes it even more perplexing/frustrating..

Yep. Even more so. You call yourself the King and the greatest? Show up when it counts.
Bootz2004

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:58 pm

I agree with all the recent comments on LeBron. He has 11 points total in the 4th quarter these Finals. He's been dominant the rest of the game. He can get to the rim AT WILL, especially when the Warriors don't have a big like Zaza or McGee to protect the rim. There's no excuse for the Cavs going scoreless in the final 3:10. Absolutely none. No way would the real GOAT let that happen.

LeBron is GREAT. But there's a reason why the Cavs went to Kyrie down the stretch in game 7 last year. And in all reality, LeBron is a miracle Ray Allen 3 & Kyrie Irving game-winner away from having only one championship (vs. OKC).

When the Finals started, I didn't think there was any way this would be a sweep even though I knew the Warriors were THAT much better. There's just too much to lose. But after how the Cavs choked that one away, and with the Warriors determined to go 16-0 in the playoffs, I can see it ending in a sweep. But I can also seeing the refs helping out LeBron and co. in game 4, JUST to get a game 5 in Oakland AND to avoid a 2nd Finals sweep on LeBron's resume.
pewterpirates

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am

Lebron looks tired AF to me in the 4th. Exhaustion is how both he and Kyrie miss layups in the last 3 minutes.

Curry was right when he said not to worry because Lebron & Kyrie would tire out trying to beat them by themselves. Those shots they take (especially Kyrie) are too damn tough to count on all game. They need to get easier shots, but I don't see that happening against the Warriors.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Cavs up 19 headed on the 4th in game 4. Crazy that they have to play at a record pace to lead GS. But it aint over.

This is also the worst officiating I've ever seen.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Cavs up 19 headed on the 4th in game 4. Crazy that they have to play at a record pace to lead GS. But it aint over.

This is also the worst officiating I've ever seen.

Without playing at a record pace they'd get blown out. Warriors are just too damn good.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:there is absolutely no way "they" allow this series to sweep. all that lost revenue from only 4 games instead of 5,6, or 7. Absolutely no way. Here comes the flattest warriors team or the worst officiated game you've ever seen

only way they allow it to happen is if they think they're getting a little too "hot on the radar" and make a calculated decision to sacrifice the money to beat back the suscipicion

Glad I'm not the only one who understands these multibillion dollar industries have some say and influence on the outcome of their games. They don't just leave it up to chance and competition. There is a bottom line. I read this morning that GS stands to miss out on nearly $25mil in revenue if there is no game 5.

Watching that **** show last night, you and bear hit the nail on the head..

What a crock of horse piss that was..
Super K

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:57 am

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

thumbsup.jpeg
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:58 am

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I know we like to believe sports are just games and about competition. But when money is involved, the big wigs don't just sit back and let things roll. A sweep is the absolute worst case scenario for the business of the NBA. Now going back to Oakland, more tickets are sold, more viewers tuning in. More money.
Bootz2004

Postby deltbucs » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am

The NBA is a joke. Rigged games. Stacked teams. The regular season...and even the playoff are pointless. You already know who's going to be in the finals before the season starts. And the face of the league flops around like a soccer player.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:20 am

I'm not going to say everything in the NBA is on the up and up or that there were not more forces against GS last night than just the Cavs. HOWEVER, the Cavs set an NBA playoff record with 24 3pt makes shooting over 50% beyond the arc. It was 1 off the all-time NBA record of 25. They deserve some credit for how well they shot the ball. I mean GS still scored 116pts and was never closer than 11pts at anytime after the 1st qtr.

That said I don't think anyone should expect the Cavs to shoot that well again, much less in GS. This series should be over Monday night.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I'm not going to say everything in the NBA is on the up and up or that there were not more forces against GS last night than just the Cavs. HOWEVER, the Cavs set an NBA playoff record with 24 3pt makes shooting over 50% beyond the arc. It was 1 off the all-time NBA record of 25. They deserve some credit for how well they shot the ball. I mean GS still scored 116pts and was never closer than 11pts at anytime after the 1st qtr.

That said I don't think anyone should expect the Cavs to shoot that well again, much less in GS. This series should be over Monday night.

Yep. People cry fix every time something they don't like happens in the NBA. Add in Lebron winning a game and you have all the ingredients for a "conspiracy". Lol.

Cleveland shot the ball at a historic rate, but yeah it was the refs. Cleveland played out of their mind and won't likely do it again.

Calm down people, Lebron should lose in 6 at the latest.
PrimeMinister

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I'm not going to say everything in the NBA is on the up and up or that there were not more forces against GS last night than just the Cavs. HOWEVER, the Cavs set an NBA playoff record with 24 3pt makes shooting over 50% beyond the arc. It was 1 off the all-time NBA record of 25. They deserve some credit for how well they shot the ball. I mean GS still scored 116pts and was never closer than 11pts at anytime after the 1st qtr.

I guess to some refs and NBA bigwigs were shooting for the Cavs with everything going in. You're likely right about game 5.

I'm glad to see some fans understanding of the NBA rivals their lack of NFL knowledge on this board....not referring to the quoted post.
Four Verticals

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Can't argue with any of that.
deltbucs

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Well .....

That was fun
Crocaneers

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Durant finally champion

Ready for Cleveland v Golden State round 4
Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:09 am

Crocaneers

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 am

I've seen all the Lebron haters in full force, but what more can he do? He averaged a triple double and 35+ points and was really efficient. It's stupid when people say "Jordan went 6-0 in the finals" to downgrade Lebron. It's like people believe him losing earlier in the playoffs is better for his legacy...I say this as someone who does not like Lebron.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am

uscbucsfan wrote:I've seen all the Lebron haters in full force, but what more can he do? He averaged a triple double and 35+ points and was really efficient. It's stupid when people say "Jordan went 6-0 in the finals" to downgrade Lebron. It's like people believe him losing earlier in the playoffs is better for his legacy...I say this as someone who does not like Lebron.

Yup, Lebron just averaged 34-12-10 in the NBA finals while being very efficient like you stated. Hating on him is just trolling or being willfully unaware of historical greatness.

The Warriors are just a phenomenal team. The Cavs shot a better FG% (53%-51%) AND better from 3pt range (46%-37%) again last night yet you never got the feeling they would win that game, even when they closed to 3 and 6 points in the 4th you knew it was temporary. The Cavs LITERALLY had to break an NBA playoff record to get a win in game 4.

I don't know if this Warriors team are good for the NBA or not tbh. They just dismantled the Cavs w/ Lebron playing at a very high level and the rest not playing bad. It's not like the Cavs played bad in the series, but their best wasn't close to good enough and they are easily the 2nd most talented team in the NBA.

Unless there is a major shake-up in the NBA this offseason are significant injury to either team a Cavs-Warriors part 4 is all but guaranteed next year. For fans like me that don't watch much NBA until the playoffs, I may not even watch until the finals next season. Sure I catch a few games here and there, but the NBA has is almost reducing itself to a 2 week event starting in June with these 2 teams.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 am

Lebron James is the Jim Kelly of the NBA

and these warriors are the '92 cowboys
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Not Lebron's fault. The Warriors have built a dynasty. Drafted great pieces over the years(Curry, Thompson, Green), signed key role players over the years(Livingston, Iguadola, Barnes, West) and signed a Superstar to supplement the young talent they already have(Durant). They built their team the correct way and are built for the long haul. They didn't simply put guys together in 1 off-season and say "we're a superteam". This team isn't even close to the Luxury Tax.
Bootz2004

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:30 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Not Lebron's fault. The Warriors have built a dynasty. Drafted great pieces over the years(Curry, Thompson, Green), signed key role players over the years(Livingston, Iguadola, Barnes, West) and signed a Superstar to supplement the young talent they already have(Durant). They built their team the correct way and are built for the long haul. They didn't simply put guys together in 1 off-season and say "we're a superteam". This team isn't even close to the Luxury Tax.

Agreed, though I hate they added KD, the rest of the team was built the "traditional" way.

They drafted great .... and they added the right kind of players for limited roles.

These guys are going to be tough to beat. This Cavs team would have been extremely competitive in most NBA finals (especially once JR Smith snapped out of his funk)...they just happened to run into what will probably go down as one of the greatest dynasties ever.
Zarniwoop

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am

Glad I missed all the LeBron second guessing in game 3. Dude has proved way beyond a shadow of a doubt that his haters are wrong.

GS is the best defense on the league. They do not give up open shots, especially not in the 4th quarter in a one possession game. And LeBron created a great look for a historically great 3-point shooter. His teammate failed, but it's always LeBron's fault.

And for the Kyrie jock riders... that dribble dribble dribble step back was an infinitely worse play. But since he shot it, and didn't pass the ball with the game on the line he gets some kind of credit? Morons.

Bottom line, Golden State had 4 of the best 5 players in the series. And won 4 of 5 games. That's the way the NBA works most of the time.
Ken Carson

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports