Switch to full style
A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Post a reply

Re: ***OFFICIAL NBA 2016-2017 SEASON THREAD***

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:18 pm

The worst 5 year stretch in Orlando Magic history, easy call...

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Thank God... Hennigan was dealt a real shitty hand with the Dwight Howard fiasco but he only made things worse every year. Get him out of here. Blow the damn thing up and start over. Keep Vogel because we're not gonna find anyone better any time soon.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 am

Hennigan sucked, but when you have an ownership group that is considering bringing in Grant Hill this ****ing problem will never be fixed until the team is sold.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:50 pm

NYBF wrote:Hennigan sucked, but when you have an ownership group that is considering bringing in Grant Hill this ****ing problem will never be fixed until the team is sold.

I agree, the organization is weird about who they hire and they have an odd obsession with hiring former players and coaches. My hope is that when Rich DeVos eventually passes (not wishing death on anyone, the man is 91) that his kids sell the team. Probably a longshot though.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:27 pm

I have been a fan since before their first tip off (long story, completely unrelated to my Bucs fanhood). But if they bring back Grant Hill, **** this franchise. I'll happily move along and find someone new to root for.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Ownership is definitely the common denominater in all the problems..I like Vogel.. Hopefully we bring in a competent gm and ownership doesn't interfere too much.. Wishful thinking I know.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Can anyone stop Golden State?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:24 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Can anyone stop Golden State?

Spurs

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Spurs

I don't see it. If anyone will stop them it'll be the Rockets beating then with a lights out series behind the arc.

The Warriors should win it all.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:38 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

Spurs

I don't see it. If anyone will stop them it'll be the Rockets beating then with a lights out series behind the arc.

The Warriors should win it all.

If the Warriors don't win it this season is an absolute failure.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Spurs

I agree with this. The Spurs are the only team that 'can' grind GS down in a series imo. The Cavs have no chance until they start playing some effort on defense, as of right now they would get swept by GS imo. But the finals are long way off and the Cavs have 6 weeks to figure it out. I do think the Cavs can marginally improve through the eastern conference and beat the Pacers - Raptors/Bucks - Celtics.

GS just has too much offense. To beat them you have bring the intensity on defense every time down the floor in hopes of keeping them to a low shooting % while you're team shoots the lights out.

I'd let Draymond and Iggy take all the open 3's they want and live w/ the results. If those two guys are making shots you're fucked anyways, so make them be the ones that beat you and force/pressure the ball when Curry/Klay/KD touch it.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 am

Boston WTF? Down 0-2 to the 8th seed Bulls?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Boston WTF? Down 0-2 to the 8th seed Bulls?

A lot of people picked the Bulls in this series. Boston is the worst 1 seed in the last 20 years statistically.

The east is a mess....still.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Boston WTF? Down 0-2 to the 8th seed Bulls?

A lot of people picked the Bulls in this series. Boston is the worst 1 seed in the last 20 years statistically.

The east is a mess....still.

Agreed, Boston is a very well coached team, but doesn't have the talent to raise their level of play in teh postseason over what we saw in the regular season. Despite being an 8th seed, the Bulls are arguably a more talented team and definitely have more star power and playoff experience w/ Rondo-Butler-Wade.

The weakness of the East will provide the Cavs a chance to get their **** together before facing off against GS/SA in the finals.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Cavs come back from 25 at half. Largest 2nd half playoff comeback in 70yrs.

Lebron played the final 14 minutes with Kyrie and Love on the bench. He was in rare form in the 2nd half. When he plays that way he's literally unstoppable

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Cavs come back from 25 at half. Largest 2nd half playoff comeback in 70yrs.

Lebron played the final 14 minutes with Kyrie and Love on the bench. He was in rare form in the 2nd half. When he plays that way he's literally unstoppable

I knew the game was over when he was hitting 3s in the 3rd quarter. When Lebron hits 3s you can just pack it up and go home.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Go Bucks!
Post a reply