MLB Playoffs: Predictions and Stuff

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: MLB Playoffs: Predictions and Stuff

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Swashy wrote:Zobrist. Of all people it had to be him. I hate how much irony I've had to witness. Chicago just won a championship on the backs of the Tampa Bay Lightning and now I gotta watch one of our best guys and our manager deliver that city even more glory. It's not over yet but I imagine it's gotta be close.

Trust me I get not winning it for 108 years but for the city that had the monsters of the midway, Jordan and now a modern day hockey dynasty it's not like they had nothing along the way.

Monty is gonna come in to lock up for you
Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:48 am

Buc2 wrote:Cubs win it all, heaping even more scorn on the Rays ownership for allowing Maddon to walk.

Let the scorn begin.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:05 am

That has to rank as one of the best series of all time. Game 7. Extra innings. How many times has that happened? Only other time I know of it happened to also involve the Indians. Throw in two long ass droughts and a 3-1 comeback and this has to rank near the top.

Also, the Cleveland population probably won't be trolling Oakland about 3-1 choking anymore.
mightyleemoon

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:14 am

mightyleemoon wrote:That has to rank as one of the best series of all time. Game 7. Extra innings. How many times has that happened? Only other time I know of it happened to also involve the Indians. Throw in two long ass droughts and a 3-1 comeback and this has to rank near the top.

Also, the Cleveland population probably won't be trolling Oakland about 3-1 choking anymore.

Nah

Braves vs twins game 7. 1-0 10 innings twins victory

Jack Morris pitched all 10 innings in game 7!!!!

five of its games being decided by a single run, four games decided in the final at-bat and three games going into extra innings.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:36 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:That has to rank as one of the best series of all time. Game 7. Extra innings. How many times has that happened? Only other time I know of it happened to also involve the Indians. Throw in two long ass droughts and a 3-1 comeback and this has to rank near the top.

Nah

five of its games being decided by a single run, four games decided in the final at-bat and three games going into extra innings.

Still rare though.

It was just the fourth Game 7 to go into extra innings, the last in 1997, and the Indians lost that one, too, to the Marlins in 11 innings.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 am

Crocaneers wrote:
Swashy wrote:Zobrist. Of all people it had to be him. I hate how much irony I've had to witness. Chicago just won a championship on the backs of the Tampa Bay Lightning and now I gotta watch one of our best guys and our manager deliver that city even more glory. It's not over yet but I imagine it's gotta be close.

Trust me I get not winning it for 108 years but for the city that had the monsters of the midway, Jordan and now a modern day hockey dynasty it's not like they had nothing along the way.

Heh good point. Believe me I'm happy for any Cubs diehard over the age of 80 because they suffered the worst of it. But the rest of Chicago fans are unbearable. Talk to a Blackhawk fan and you'll quickly discover that no one under the age of 40 knows a damn thing. Ask a Hawk fan what number was Chelios, Savard or Roenick and they look at you like you're stupid. This is the equivalent of a Buc fan not knowing Sapp was 99 and Brooks 55.

In 2008 when they came to town I asked a young man in his late 20s clad in Cubs gear that was "Cubs til he died" what he thought Ron Santos best playoff game was and he said that there were too many to pick and he was amazing in the clutch.

Ron Santo never played a playoff game for the Cubs. It was a trick question. I know I sound bitter but this is why I hate the idea of Maddon and co carrying them to glory.
Swashy

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Nah

So, you don't think this one ranks as one of the best? The best ever is always up for debate. But, it's a little easier to put together a list of the best. And, this one should be on pretty much everyone's Best Of lists. Top 5.
mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Swashy wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:

Heh good point. Believe me I'm happy for any Cubs diehard over the age of 80 because they suffered the worst of it. But the rest of Chicago fans are unbearable. Talk to a Blackhawk fan and you'll quickly discover that no one under the age of 40 knows a damn thing. Ask a Hawk fan what number was Chelios, Savard or Roenick and they look at you like you're stupid. This is the equivalent of a Buc fan not knowing Sapp was 99 and Brooks 55.

In 2008 when they came to town I asked a young man in his late 20s clad in Cubs gear that was "Cubs til he died" what he thought Ron Santos best playoff game was and he said that there were too many to pick and he was amazing in the clutch.

Ron Santo never played a playoff game for the Cubs. It was a trick question. I know I sound bitter but this is why I hate the idea of Maddon and co carrying them to glory.

40 percent of every population is comprised of total retards. Every fan base has them. Larger fan bases have more just due to the numbers.

You're throwing rocks in a glass house.
mightyleemoon

Postby Swashy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:03 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
Swashy wrote:

40 percent of every population is comprised of total retards. Every fan base has them. Larger fan bases have more just due to the numbers.

I had a much longer response prepared and just said **** it halfway through. Point is that idiot Chicago fans who make damn sure to brag about watching Jordan in his prime and the success of the Blackhawks aren't entitled to act like their sports life sucks. Glass house or not moon, they should try living in a place like Buffalo, San Diego and Cleveland up until this summer for the last 40 years.
Swashy

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:31 am

Swashy wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

I had a much longer response prepared and just said **** it halfway through. Point is that idiot Chicago fans who make damn sure to brag about watching Jordan in his prime and the success of the Blackhawks aren't entitled to act like their sports life sucks. Glass house or not moon, they should try living in a place like Buffalo, San Diego and Cleveland up until this summer for the last 40 years.

There's a shit-ton of baseball fans in Chicago that don't care much for hockey or basketball. Yet, guys like you tell them they haven't suffered since other teams in their city have won. And then there is the WGN thing. Cubs fans that didn't have local teams in Nebraska or North Carolina. There's a shit-ton of them, too. Yet, you want to write off the less than 80yr old fanbase because other Chicago teams have done well.

You're generalizing millions because of some weird bias you have against a city. Basically, you just sound salty.
mightyleemoon

Postby Swashy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Whatever floats your boat dude. Its not like Chicago doesn't lead the NBA and NHL in attendance every year and sells out Soldier field every night. There are more fans who support multiple teams scattered around the USA and in Chicago than the fan who waited 71 years to watch his team go back to the World Series and didn't follow anyone else because hockey moved too fast, football became too commercialized and basketball was never interesting.

I'm happy for that fan as opposed to the four idiots who sat behind me at the Stanley Cup Finals and said that Buc fans dont know what it's like to suffer. His logic.... we won a championship more recently.

But I digress your opinion is your own. I've lectured long enough.
Swashy

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:53 am

Gotta agree with Moon. I'm happy for Chicago baseball fans. Did the Bucs winning make Rays fans happy? No. How about the Lightning winning? No.

They want their own baseball team to win. Simple as that.

Try some trash talk in a Buc opponent's forum by referencing how good the Lightning are and see how that works out for you. It won't, because it's not a city thing, it is a team thing
Kress

Previous

Return to Other Sports