***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Thread!**

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
post

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 am

EastBayBucsFan wrote:Hockey is the only sport where a guy can get his two front teeth knocked out and never miss a single second of game time.


Bith Pleath!! :P :P
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 317 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
EastBayBucsFan wrote:Hockey is the only sport where a guy can get his two front teeth knocked out and never miss a single second of game time.


Bith Pleath!! :P :P


Ok...that's just funny, right there.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:32 pm

That's what can happen when this year's team get's hot and plays a struggling goalie. The depth on this team is unreal.

And Callahan will be back soon.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:32 pm

This ****ing team...when we are rolling on cylinders...bish please!
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:14 pm

This is what amazes me:

I wasn't a hockey fan until I moved to Atlanta back in the late 80's/early 90's. I grew up here (Tampa) and was never exposed to it. Saw some minor league stuff back in the ATL (before they got a pro team).

NHL hockey is flat-out the most AMAZINGLY high-octane, heart-pumping, non-stop action that you'll EVER get in sports.

Most of us who grew up here haven't been exposed to it and don't get it...but if you don't get hooked after seeing it LIVE for the first time....you're a dead human being inside.

69 or so straight sell-outs at Amalie...and counting. As Stamkos said:

"This IS a hockey town."
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:31 am

We almost saw the 10 you were saying this team is going to lay on somebody. 7 goals. That's a lot of offense.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 676 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Go Habs!

Hopefully you Tampa fans take note on what a home crowd is supposed to sound like, and bring some of that on Sunday... ;)
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4874
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:10 am

real bucs fan wrote:Go Habs!

Hopefully you Tampa fans take note on what a home crowd is supposed to sound like, and bring some of that on Sunday... ;)


See you in the playoffs.

The Habs played this like a playoff game.

And clearly you haven't been to a Bolts game...60-something straight sellouts.

Congrats. You BARELY won. Less than 10 games into the season. At home. LOL!

I pray we get you in the playoffs...like 2 years ago. We'll get to listen to you bitch and excuse yourself out of the post-season.

Wait until the injuries start...and THEN we'll see who the deeper team is. And it ain't the Habs.

Best of luck, cause your fucked.

Again.

It must suck knowing your team has NO CHANCE at beating us in the playoffs. I know you THINK you do...but the heartbreak...losing against a team from the SOUTH...that just has to be hard. A "new" team. Ugh...gonna be tough, right?

Looking forward to knocking you out...again.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 am

Alpha wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Go Habs!

Hopefully you Tampa fans take note on what a home crowd is supposed to sound like, and bring some of that on Sunday... ;)


See you in the playoffs.

The Habs played this like a playoff game.

And clearly you haven't been to a Bolts game...60-something straight sellouts.

Congrats. You BARELY won. Less than 10 games into the season. At home. LOL!

I pray we get you in the playoffs...like 2 years ago. We'll get to listen to you bitch and excuse yourself out of the post-season.

Wait until the injuries start...and THEN we'll see who the deeper team is. And it ain't the Habs.

Best of luck, cause your fucked.

Again.

It must suck knowing your team has NO CHANCE at beating us in the playoffs. I know you THINK you do...but the heartbreak...losing against a team from the SOUTH...that just has to be hard. A "new" team. Ugh...gonna be tough, right?

Looking forward to knocking you out...again.


Love the trash talk. Do think Habs/Bolts/Pens are the class of the East. Won't be surprised if we face you again come playoff time, but if Price is healthy we are taking you out. At least you guys won't have far to travel to find a good round of golf...

Always have had love for Tampa, the community and it's teams, and am greatly enjoying our new found rivalry. I now look forward to Habs/Lightning games more than Habs/Bruins.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 4874
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Buc2 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:29 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Alpha wrote:
See you in the playoffs.

The Habs played this like a playoff game.

And clearly you haven't been to a Bolts game...60-something straight sellouts.

Congrats. You BARELY won. Less than 10 games into the season. At home. LOL!

I pray we get you in the playoffs...like 2 years ago. We'll get to listen to you bitch and excuse yourself out of the post-season.

Wait until the injuries start...and THEN we'll see who the deeper team is. And it ain't the Habs.

Best of luck, cause your fucked.

Again.

It must suck knowing your team has NO CHANCE at beating us in the playoffs. I know you THINK you do...but the heartbreak...losing against a team from the SOUTH...that just has to be hard. A "new" team. Ugh...gonna be tough, right?

Looking forward to knocking you out...again.


Love the trash talk. Do think Habs/Bolts/Pens are the class of the East. Won't be surprised if we face you again come playoff time, but if Price is healthy we are taking you out. At least you guys won't have far to travel to find a good round of golf...

Always have had love for Tampa, the community and it's teams, and am greatly enjoying our new found rivalry. I now look forward to Habs/Lightning games more than Habs/Bruins.

I see you're already set with an excuse and we're not even into November yet. :lol:
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 676 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Ok Bolts fans...I've got it figured out.

I haven't seen one SECOND of the last 3 games because of work; all loses.

I'm home tonight and watching the boys put the boots to the Islanders.

I'll be home Thursday night as well but splitting my time between the Yucks and the Bolts.

We'll go 3-3 on the road. Our early season schedule is brutal...we go on another 5 or 6 game road swing after a couple at home this week.

This team is so Jekyll and Hyde. When their offense is clicking, there is NONE better in the league. Hopefully Drouin is ok. Took a nasty shot early on.

IF they keep the foot on the gas (and they won't)...this could be the 10-spot I was speaking of earlier. They are CLEARLY dominant tonight. Already had a Stammer goal dis-allowed. Could easily be 4-5 Zip at this point. This team is fun to watch when they're skating hard and playing their game. Jeebus...
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:42 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Alpha wrote:
See you in the playoffs.

The Habs played this like a playoff game.

And clearly you haven't been to a Bolts game...60-something straight sellouts.

Congrats. You BARELY won. Less than 10 games into the season. At home. LOL!

I pray we get you in the playoffs...like 2 years ago. We'll get to listen to you bitch and excuse yourself out of the post-season.

Wait until the injuries start...and THEN we'll see who the deeper team is. And it ain't the Habs.

Best of luck, cause your fucked.

Again.

It must suck knowing your team has NO CHANCE at beating us in the playoffs. I know you THINK you do...but the heartbreak...losing against a team from the SOUTH...that just has to be hard. A "new" team. Ugh...gonna be tough, right?

Looking forward to knocking you out...again.


Love the trash talk. Do think Habs/Bolts/Pens are the class of the East. Won't be surprised if we face you again come playoff time, but if Price is healthy we are taking you out. At least you guys won't have far to travel to find a good round of golf...

Always have had love for Tampa, the community and it's teams, and am greatly enjoying our new found rivalry. I now look forward to Habs/Lightning games more than Habs/Bruins.



Here's the sad truth:

With or without Price...we'll smoke you.

The funnier part is that we'll smoke you with OR without Bish.

We're the deeper, better team. And that goes to our goalies as well.

The point is moot until the playoffs. Until then...enjoy your season.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:13 pm

LMFAO!

Let's see if Aguayo makes the extra point.

Jeebus Christmas.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:03 pm

God ****ing damnit...This team ****ing blows ****.
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:13 am

SixStringSamurai wrote:God ****ing damnit...This team ****ing blows ****.


Calm your tits.

We were lucky to get a point tonight. The Bruins out-played us all game. They played a modified version of a neutral zone trap and fore-checked our asses off.

We were slow and sloppy. And we STILL got a point. Rask is playing out of is mind and we still got 3,;

We'll be fine by the end of the season...and we miss Drouin...
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Wtf no one go to panthers hockey game?

There are lot of lightning fans at the arena

The arena is so empty
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:00 pm

Bishop is hot and cold every ****ing season...he's good but he's so ***damn clumsy. I can't wait to trade him and start vasy.
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:24 am

****ing really? I mean we made it to the EFC last year don't see a reason why we can't this year.
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:54 am

An overcast day in Tampa Bay:

Stammer done until the playoffs (most likely).

This team has the depth to over-come this loss. And the VAST MAJORITY of NHL teams couldn't lose their captain and leading scorer and still roll.

This team can. And that's pretty ****ing amazing. Stevie Y is the reason why. We also have guys in Syracuse that can score. Drouin was a boss tonight. He's a ****ing wizard with the puck.

The team looked shaky tonight and still put up 4. It's gonna take some time to figure this out but 3 straight road wins...that is impressive. This is going to be a grind this year, without Stamkos.

Get to the post-season and hope Stammer comes back full strength. Sucks he was leading the league in points...he was having a GREAT year but I get his decision. We have him for the next 8 years. We'll need him next year too. And the year after. And the year after.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:57 am

4 of 5 on the road. BIG win tonight against Philly.

Honestly...I don't like where we're at right now. I feel like Coop is trying to figure out what lines work.

Maybe we can keep getting points until we figure it out...
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:55 pm

well Lightning will be fine without Stamkos anyway
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:56 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:well Lightning will be fine without Stamkos anyway


We'll be good as long as we get Stammer back for the playoffs. It's gonna be ugly from time to time...but just get to the playoffs and then we start crushing ass.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Hope the Bucs make it to the playoffs cause this ****ing team isn't.
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 pm

SixStringSamurai wrote:Hope the Bucs make it to the playoffs cause this ****ing team isn't.


Again...calm your tits.

This team not only lost their best 2 scorers...they lost 2 of the best scorers in the LEAGUE. There is NO other team in the league that could lose their 2 best scorers and still win more than they lose.

Kuch came back tonight and we beat the best team in the league.

We get Stammer back just before the playoffs...he gets back into shape...this team rolls into the playoffs...

We will go in as a 6 or 7 seed and ROLL.

Count on it.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:32 am

And Drouin is ridiculously fast.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:53 am

This team is built to make the playoffs. They just will...barring some massive catastrophe. You don't play these many games to win the regular season. You play to make the playoffs.

This team...considering what they've gone through (injury-wise) to this point...is in a great spot.

Get Stammer back. Make the playoffs. I don't care if they're an 8 seed. NOBODY is gonna want to face this team...HEALTHY.

Give us a Cup.
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:35 pm

We gotta win games to be in the playoffs...we aren't going to the playoffs this year.
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby SixStringSamurai » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Alpha wrote:This team is built to make the playoffs. They just will...barring some massive catastrophe. You don't play these many games to win the regular season. You play to make the playoffs.

This team...considering what they've gone through (injury-wise) to this point...is in a great spot.

Get Stammer back. Make the playoffs. I don't care if they're an 8 seed. NOBODY is gonna want to face this team...HEALTHY.

Give us a Cup.


Alpha? This isn't football where you play 1 game a week. This team sucks ****!
SixStringSamurai
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:22 pm

These Bolts are the most disappointing Tampa Bay team since?????

I don't mean 2-14 Bucs disappointing. I mean a team that has real championship expectations that falls flat on its face. This is a joke of a season. There's no reason why the team should be this bad, getting blown out every other game.
pewterpirates
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: ***OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 NHL Season Threa

Postby Alpha » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 am

Honestly...I'm not sure what to make of this team.

The injuries are kinda ridiculous.

Now Hedman has missed the last 2 games. And we've put up 3 out of 4 points. On the road. Against 2 good teams.

Here in Tampa...they're calling this team the "Tampacuse" Lightning because of all the minor-leaguers currently on the NHL roster.

Callahan. Out for 4 weeks. Coincides with the timing of a possible Stamkos return.

Point has missed a LOT of time but is on the road trip...



It's difficult to know what this team COULDA been. Offensively...they were SMOKING until Stammer went down. Then Bish missed a month. Kuch missed 2-3 weeks.

Injuries happen. Part of the game. But this year, this team seems snake-bit. That said...they're still in the mix to finish in the top 3 in their division.

IF they make the playoffs AND they're healthy...they'll be damn dangerous.

Guess we'll see how it plays out...
Alpha
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 67 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest