Page 3 of 3

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:15 am
by Buc2
Bootz2004 wrote:Bolt won his 3rd straight gold in the 100m and all I'm seeing this morning is how Justin Gaitlin came up short. Americans are such attention whores.

That's not what I'm seeing. I did a Google search on olympic+100m+results, rio+olympics+100m, and olympic+100m+final. These were some of the top results:

Usain Bolt Is Still the World's Fastest Man ~ New York Times

Rio Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt wins 100m gold, Justin Gatlin second ~ BBC Sport

Rio 2016: Usain Bolt wins 100m gold medal for third successive ~ABC

VIDEO Men's 100m Final Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt Wins Record ... ~ IBTimes.com

Usain Bolt makes Olympic history by winning 100m gold for third ... ~ telegraph.co.uk

Athletics: Imperious Bolt completes amazing 100m treble ~ Reuters

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 am
by 2.0
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Cresselia wrote:

You're averaging total time, which includes the start. I'd like to see the true top speed. It has to be over 23.

Yeah, that's the only way I can do it without putting a radar gun on the guy. If memory serves, Adrian Peterson touched 24mph in pads during a preseason game a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised to learn Bolt was approaching 25mph crossing the finish.


Not sure how accurate but Bleacher Report tweeted a graphic that said 27.8mph

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:56 am
by Buc2
Back to the other side of these games...
U.S. Olympic swimmers Ryan Lochte, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen were robbed at gunpoint while in Rio de Janeiro overnight Saturday, NBC News has confirmed.

Following conflicting reports — including the IOC denying any incident took place — Lochte himself confirmed with TODAY's Billy Bush that he and the other swimmers were robbed at gunpoint.
"We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over," Lochte said. "They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground.

"And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,' and I put my hands up, I was like 'whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials."

More...

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 pm
by Mountaineer Buc
2.0 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Yeah, that's the only way I can do it without putting a radar gun on the guy. If memory serves, Adrian Peterson touched 24mph in pads during a preseason game a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised to learn Bolt was approaching 25mph crossing the finish.


Not sure how accurate but Bleacher Report tweeted a graphic that said 27.8mph

If correct....that's awesome.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 pm
by PrimeMinister
Cresselia wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm calculating Bolt at 22.68 mph.



You're averaging total time, which includes the start. I'd like to see the true top speed. It has to be over 23.


This is quoted from Wikipedia, but the source looks solid.

The fastest human footspeed on record is 44.64 km/h (12.4 m/s or 27.73801 mph), seen during the final 100 meters sprint of the World Championships in Berlin on 16 August 2009 by Usain Bolt (average speed between the 60th and the 80th meter, which he covered in 1.61 seconds).


27 MPH!!!!
http://www.planet-science.com/categorie ... -bolt.aspx

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footspeed

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:54 pm
by uscbucsfan
The fastest NFL player with pads was Reggie Bush returning a punt against the Vikings. He hit just above 22 mph. AP hit 21.89 a few seasons ago in preseason...not as crazy as 27, but still pretty impressive with full pads and a ball.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:14 pm
by Kress
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Cresselia wrote:

You're averaging total time, which includes the start. I'd like to see the true top speed. It has to be over 23.

Yeah, that's the only way I can do it without putting a radar gun on the guy. If memory serves, Adrian Peterson touched 24mph in pads during a preseason game a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised to learn Bolt was approaching 25mph crossing the finish.



Damn, probably even more than that then.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 pm
by KiffininCanton
Pop has to be pissed he is not coaching this olympics. K obviously just mailing it in.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:23 pm
by Bootz2004
Gaitlin just mailed it in during the 200 semifinal....claims his ankle stiffened up....

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:14 pm
by sanka
This Olympics is full of drama like a soap opera...


Probably the worst Olympics ever!!

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:59 am
by NYBF
sanka wrote:This Olympics is full of drama like a soap opera...


Probably the worst Olympics ever!!


Probably

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:13 pm
by KiffininCanton
on the basketball court, we may not lead the world by laps among the guys wearing the jerseys anymore like we use to, but we still do among the guys wearing the whistles.

These FIBA refs would be doing division III games if they officiated in the States.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm
by Buc2
Very cleaver.

Just days after being dropped by sponsors Speedo USA and Ralph Lauren following the Rio robbery scandal, Ryan Lochte has signed a new endorsement deal – for throat drops.

The Olympian will appear in a series of print ads and a commercial for Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops with a theme of forgiveness. Lochte will shoot the ads that boast the drops are "forgiving on your throat" in Los Angeles in the next few weeks.

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm
by 81mm Shake and Bake
Buc2 wrote:Very cleaver.

Just days after being dropped by sponsors Speedo USA and Ralph Lauren following the Rio robbery scandal, Ryan Lochte has signed a new endorsement deal – for throat drops.

The Olympian will appear in a series of print ads and a commercial for Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops with a theme of forgiveness. Lochte will shoot the ads that boast the drops are "forgiving on your throat" in Los Angeles in the next few weeks.



He's cutting people?

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2016 Rio Olympics Thread!***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 am
by Kress
He should just leave it to Beaver.