Tampa Bay Lightning 2016 offseason thread

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: Tampa Bay Lightning 2016 offseason thread

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:25 am

pewterpirates wrote:I love some of the playmaking ability Drouin showed in the playoffs, but if it comes down to one or the other, I'm going Kucherov 100%. Like you said, package Drouin with Filppula to clear some cap space to re-sign Kuch and hopefully one of TJ or Palat next year.

I'm interested to see how TJ does this year.

We have no idea how badly his busted wrist effected him last year but his numbers were poor.

This is a BIG year for him. IF he puts up 30 goals, he's gonna get played. If not...he might be outta here.

I'm getting anxious regarding Kuch. He's a no-show until he gets a deal...and we're a week away. I'm SHOCKED nobody has made a 6-8 million/year offer to him and force TB's hand.

Maybe he's gonna go back to Russia....
Alpha

Postby pewterpirates » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 am

Alpha wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:I love some of the playmaking ability Drouin showed in the playoffs, but if it comes down to one or the other, I'm going Kucherov 100%. Like you said, package Drouin with Filppula to clear some cap space to re-sign Kuch and hopefully one of TJ or Palat next year.

We have no idea how badly his busted wrist effected him last year but his numbers were poor.

This is a BIG year for him. IF he puts up 30 goals, he's gonna get played. If not...he might be outta here.

I'm getting anxious regarding Kuch. He's a no-show until he gets a deal...and we're a week away. I'm SHOCKED nobody has made a 6-8 million/year offer to him and force TB's hand.

If he puts up 30 goals this year, he's gonna get paid, but it won't be by TB.
pewterpirates

Postby Alpha » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:39 am

pewterpirates wrote:
Alpha wrote:

If he puts up 30 goals this year, he's gonna get paid, but it won't be by TB.

We'll see.

Kuch needs to get on board first.

It's kind of nice to know that Drouin will replace Kuch if he doesn't sign. It sucks he won't but we don't lose much...
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Good news!

According to some hockey writer guy who (allegedly) has knowledge of such things...getting Kuch back is nearly a done-deal.

Some kind of 2-3 year "bridge deal". Hockey writer guy expects him to be in the line-up on opening night.

Can't wait for Thursday night! Get to start the year off by smacking around the Red Wings! Always entertaining...
Alpha

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Alpha wrote:Good news!

According to some hockey writer guy who (allegedly) has knowledge of such things...getting Kuch back is nearly a done-deal.

Some kind of 2-3 year "bridge deal". Hockey writer guy expects him to be in the line-up on opening night.

Can't wait for Thursday night! Get to start the year off by smacking around the Red Wings! Always entertaining...

Good call!! Done deal!!

BREAKING: The #TBLightning have re-signed Nikita Kucherov to a three year contract worth an average of $4.766 million per season. #Bolts
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:12 pm

You beat me to it, Dread. Excellent news!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:24 pm

The Kuch news completely made my day. He's my favorite player (along with Hedman). I'm so happy he's back. And for less than $5M per year?! Yzerman is working magic. Kuch could've gotten over $6M a year in FA.

Now, next year and 3 years from now when Kuch and Vasy and others are up, that will be tough to keep everyone. But for this season, let's have some fun and not worry about any contracts!

Stamkos, Hedman, Bishop, Vasy, Kuch, TJ, Palat, Killorn, Drouin, Stralman, Nesterov, Boyle, Brown, etc etc etc. We are talented. We are deep. Freakin' awesome.
pewterpirates

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 pm

HOLY ****!

Mark my words...we're putting up a 10 spot on somebody this year.

Unfortunately, this evening, Aguayo missed ANOTHER extra point.

What can you say about the game? I missed the first period. Saw the replay. If Mrazek wasn't an evil wizard, we would've put 9 or 10 on them this evening. He stoned Kuch twice on breakaways and flat-out ROBBED Stammer.

This team is kinda ridiculous. It really is. Our FOURTH LINE scored 2 goals tonight. Are you ****ing kidding me? Bish is Bish. Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda only have given up 2 goals. That 4th DET goal was absurd.

Drouin is a MONSTER. If that kid keeps his head on straight, this is gonna be a fun year.

This team might have FOUR, 30 goal scorers this year. That boggles the mind.

Oh...and we're missing Callahan. The only thing that stops this team, this year, are injuries.

You could see how our speed and aggression were wearing down DET. This game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicates. TB DOMINATED this game. 3/6 on the PP.

Strap in. kids. This team might be pretty good.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:17 pm

And it didn't show up on the scoring sheet...but Brayden Pointe was phenomenal. The kid is a grinder...gets dirty...reminds me of a younger, faster Callahan, when Cally is at his best.
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:42 am

Not on in my viewing area so I didn't see it. I did watch the highlights on video this morning. Great Scott! Awesome offensive display to say the least. 6 goals by 6 different players?! Wow!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 am

Holy poop this team is fun.
Kress

Previous

Return to Other Sports