** Official MLB Thread **

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ** Official MLB Thread **

Postby PlinkoBuccaneer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Both the San Diego Union-Tribune, MLB.com, and ESPN, all reported that the Padres signed free agent Eric Hosmer to an eight-year, $144 million+ deal. Hosmer was on the K.C. Royals 2015 World Series championship team, and he could be the 2018 Opening Day starter at first base for San Diego. ;)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html
PlinkoBuccaneer

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:47 am

PlinkoBuccaneer wrote:Both the San Diego Union-Tribune, MLB.com, and ESPN, all reported that the Padres signed free agent Eric Hosmer to an eight-year, $144 million+ deal. Hosmer was on the K.C. Royals 2015 World Series championship team, and he could be the 2018 Opening Day starter at first base for San Diego. ;)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo ... story.html

I'm glad for him, and I'm glad for us.

The Padres are much closer to relevance than we are. They aren't there yet, but it's not inconceivable Hos will play in a playoff game for them before his 5th year (the actual length of the contract in reality) is up. What he meant to us can't be overstated. I'm happy he's not going to have to rot here during the 6-8 year rebuild.

And, for that reason, I'm happy for us, too. We avoid adding salary. We add another comp pick. And we basically let it be known we're going full Cubs/Astros with this thing and building from the ground up. I'm hoping we deal Duffy, Kelvin, and Whit also.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for PEDs. Stands to lose $10.3m in salary.
DreadNaught

Previous

Return to Other Sports