** Official MLB Thread **

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: ** Official MLB Thread **

Postby StillCSG » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Championship Series matchups are set.

Mets vs Cubs

Blue Jays vs Royals

Who ya got?

Cubs/Royals

Cubs in 6
StillCSG

Postby MJW » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:39 am

Jays and Cubs.

Jays in 5.
MJW

Postby StillCSG » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:55 am

MJW wrote:Jays and Cubs.

Jays in 5.

The Royals staff can give the Jays bats FITS...don't sell your boys short
StillCSG

Postby MJW » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:14 am

StillCSG wrote:
MJW wrote:Jays and Cubs.

Jays in 5.

There's just a type of team that gives us trouble, and the Jays are it. Quality starters who can contain our (average) offense, and big bats that can hit homeruns (negating our defense) and give them early leads (negating our pen).

That said, I am cautiously optimistic about things with the way Ventura, Cueto, and Volquez pitched in games 3-5 of the Astros series. If they can pitch that well collectively we have a shot. But I'm not betting on it. I think the Jays are far and away the best club left in this thing.
MJW

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 am

Deja Entendu wrote:That's what ball players do.

This is what ballplayers do.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v523443583/nymla ... ead-to-win
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 am

NYBF wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:Quick predictions?

Mets - Dodgers = Dodgers
Cubs - Cardinals = Cubs
Dodgers in 6

Blue Jays - Rangers = Blue Jays
Astros - Royals = Royals
Blue Jays in 5

Dodgers - Blue Jays = Dodgers in 5

Sorry, you got that one wrong. So the rest is wrong. Good day, sir.

:ninja:
NYBF

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:58 am

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:That's what ball players do.

Interesting choice...

There's your ballplayer trying to break up the double play. At least Utley actually got bag.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 am

You'd have been better served showing Utley not getting it done pinch hitting in the 9th. Glad you went the other route.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 am

Anyhow... GO CUBS!
Deja Entendu

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 am

NYBF wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Sorry, you got that one wrong. So the rest is wrong. Good day, sir.

Meh. I got one wrong. But, I hit .750 for that round.

Going forward I stick with the previous AL and go Cubs over Mets in NL. This looks like a better matchup for the Cubs than the Dodgers were. So, instead of Dodgers over Cubs in 6, I'll go Cubs over Mets in 7.

(I know...you're a NY fan...which....judging by the amount of New Yorkers trolling Cubs forums at the moment...you're probably an arrogant prick about it. Basically, it feels like a hard matchup to call. Which is why Game 7)
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:52 am

Who just knew the Cubs were going to be a force the moment they hired Maddon? {sigh}
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mother Ayahuasca » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 am

Mets in 7
Jays in 5
Mother Ayahuasca

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Interesting choice...

There's your ballplayer trying to break up the double play. At least Utley actually got bag.

I'm sure you noticed that 1) the fielder is set up in front of the bag and 2) the slide begun before the bag. I'm a huge proponent of the take out slide. "Slide" being the operative word.

And bull ****ing **** Utley got bag. He never touched it.
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Going forward I stick with the previous AL and go Cubs over Mets in NL. This looks like a better matchup for the Cubs than the Dodgers were. So, instead of Dodgers over Cubs in 6, I'll go Cubs over Mets in 7.

(I know...you're a NY fan...which....judging by the amount of New Yorkers trolling Cubs forums at the moment...you're probably an arrogant prick about it. Basically, it feels like a hard matchup to call. Which is why Game 7)

Don't really know many Cubs fans, so no trolling here. Should be a great series. What the Mets have done so far this year far exceeds my expectations coming into the year. To me, anything that happens now is gravy. And I felt that same way going into the NLCS. Until that shitbag Utley broke Tejada's leg. Now I'm happy they lost. At home. So the Mets got absolutely ****ing ruin that clubhouse. Glad Utley finally pulled out the tampon and came up to bat and didn't do ****. The only thing left is hopefully they find the cowards that beat the fan in the parking lot after game 1.

As long as none of the Cubs purposely injue a player, I've got nothing to be an arrogant prick about. Except the fact that our pizza, hot dogs, and beer are far superior to that of Chicago. :D
NYBF

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:52 pm

NYBF wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

Don't really know many Cubs fans, so no trolling here. Should be a great series. What the Mets have done so far this year far exceeds my expectations coming into the year. To me, anything that happens now is gravy. And I felt that same way going into the NLCS. Until that shitbag Utley broke Tejada's leg. Now I'm happy they lost. At home. So the Mets got absolutely ****ing ruin that clubhouse. Glad Utley finally pulled out the tampon and came up to bat and didn't do ****. The only thing left is hopefully they find the cowards that beat the fan in the parking lot after game 1.

As long as none of the Cubs purposely injue a player, I've got nothing to be an arrogant prick about. Except the fact that our pizza, hot dogs, and beer are far superior to that of Chicago. :D

I'll never admit this again...but I actually prefer New York style pizza.

That said....Gino's East is da BEST EVAR!!!!@!!!!!!!11!!!!one1!!!!!

Oh, and I'd take NC beer over IL or NY. That said...I've had way more local stuff in NC than either IL or NY. I'd need to do more drinking...I mean research... before I can commit to this topic.
mightyleemoon

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

With all the big craft brewers opening up spots in NC, yeah. That's probably correct. But there are a lot of small places in the city on on the island that aren't distributed anywhere outside of the immediate area that are making some incredible beers. That being said, I'm sure there are lots of places with the same story all over.
NYBF

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:
Interesting choice...

I'm sure you noticed that 1) the fielder is set up in front of the bag and 2) the slide begun before the bag. I'm a huge proponent of the take out slide. "Slide" being the operative word.

And bull ****ing **** Utley got bag. He never touched it.

He looks a hell of a lot closer to the bag than Murphy... or Wright in this play.

The biggest difference is Tejada was hung out to dry by a **** throw from Murphy and rather than setting himself (like Rollins and Utley in the other plays), he went for the acrobatic play leavjng himself exposed. It didn't end well.

If he doesn't break his leg, it's not getting talked about as much, especially since the Mets won the series.
Last edited by Deja Entendu on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Entendu

Postby MJW » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Edison Volquez doin' some work tonight. But it does present a small problem. The Royals don't have a 4th starter right now and with Volquez throwing 110 or so pitches he's not coming back on three days rest for Game Four. I'd bet we go with Medlen but with a quick hook.
MJW

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:45 pm

MJW wrote:Edison Volquez doin' some work tonight. But it does present a small problem. The Royals don't have a 4th starter right now and with Volquez throwing 110 or so pitches he's not coming back on three days rest for Game Four. I'd bet we go with Medlen but with a quick hook.

He pitched a hell of a game.
Deja Entendu

Postby MJW » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
MJW wrote:Edison Volquez doin' some work tonight. But it does present a small problem. The Royals don't have a 4th starter right now and with Volquez throwing 110 or so pitches he's not coming back on three days rest for Game Four. I'd bet we go with Medlen but with a quick hook.

He pitched a hell of a game.

He really did. He's quietly been the most reliable guy on the staff this year and he stepped up big tonight. If we can take this thing all the way it'll be in large part because he's pitching so well.
MJW

Postby Mother Ayahuasca » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:35 am

Random thoughts from last night...

The run on Volquez's fastball was silly...And damn he was jacked up...Hasn't looked that good since 2008

I hate Bautista so much...What a punk....Really hope they make him wear one

Royals have that "IT" ....Can't be measured, can't be stopped....That's a TEAM

Jays bullpen is weak and will lead to their ultimate demise

I heard the world is covered by 75% water and the Royals' outfielders cover the rest (ok, that's cheesy, but it's true) The outfield seems like it's the size of a Williamsport field with those 3 manning it.

A good time to be a Royals fan. Luuuuucky!
Mother Ayahuasca

Postby StillCSG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:29 pm

MJW wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

There's just a type of team that gives us trouble, and the Jays are it. Quality starters who can contain our (average) offense, and big bats that can hit homeruns (negating our defense) and give them early leads (negating our pen).

That said, I am cautiously optimistic about things with the way Ventura, Cueto, and Volquez pitched in games 3-5 of the Astros series. If they can pitch that well collectively we have a shot. But I'm not betting on it. I think the Jays are far and away the best club left in this thing.

2-0
StillCSG

Postby NYBF » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:The biggest difference is Tejada was hung out to dry by a **** throw from Murphy and rather than setting himself (like Rollins and Utley in the other plays), he went for the acrobatic play leavjng himself exposed. It didn't end well.

If he doesn't break his leg, it's not getting talked about as much, especially since the Mets won the series.

You clearly didn't see the play. If you had, you would have seen he didn't even start to slide until he passed the bag. At least you now have the whole offseason to swallow Utley without interruption.
NYBF

Postby StillCSG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:50 pm

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:The biggest difference is Tejada was hung out to dry by a **** throw from Murphy and rather than setting himself (like Rollins and Utley in the other plays), he went for the acrobatic play leavjng himself exposed. It didn't end well.

You clearly didn't see the play. If you had, you would have seen he didn't even start to slide until he passed the bag. At least you now have the whole offseason to swallow Utley without interruption.

How DARE YOU sully the honor of the greatest major leaguer of all time....

Good day sir
StillCSG

Postby MJW » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:02 pm

StillCSG wrote:
MJW wrote:

2-0

Happy to be wrong thus far. Hoping to be even more wrong soon.

I forgot you can't quantify heart, or playoff experience, two things KC leads the field in.
MJW

Postby MJW » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:03 pm

I'm so glad Sal Perez and Eric Hosmer are the face of the Royals and not crybaby/crabapple/throws his teammates under the bus Jose Bautista.
MJW

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 pm

NYBF wrote:

I saw the play. The slide was strictly to disrupt the double play, and help his team win. He did exactly that.

The intent was the same as two examples above from your hallowed Mets... except he was at least NEAR the bag. The result was a shame for Tejada.

You and a slew of other people want to villainize him for it, so be it. For most of you, you hated him before anyway. Let's not pretend that play doesn't happen all of the time by players across the league (again see Wright and Murphy above).

Go Cubs!
Deja Entendu

Postby A Man's Part » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:45 pm

MJW wrote:I'm so glad Sal Perez and Eric Hosmer are the face of the Royals and not crybaby/crabapple/throws his teammates under the bus Jose Bautista.

The homerism has no limit.
A Man's Part

Postby MJW » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 pm

A Man's Part wrote:
MJW wrote:I'm so glad Sal Perez and Eric Hosmer are the face of the Royals and not crybaby/crabapple/throws his teammates under the bus Jose Bautista.

The homerism has no limit.

Yeah, the "homer" who picked the Blue Jays to win the series.

Besides, you're a Marlins fans, so I'm kind of surprised you didn't stop your sentence halfway through and sell the rest to a Yankees or Red Sox fan to use.
MJW

Postby mightyleemoon » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 am

NYBF wrote:

"Slide"
mightyleemoon

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports