MMA Thread

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: MMA Thread

Postby StillCSG » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:24 pm

HamBone wrote:
StillCSG wrote:
I thought Stich was a commission guy?

He's been at tons of non UFC sanctioned events (he was just at Belator) just like the refs

That's what Stitch tweeted and all articles seen are saying he ess fired...maybe, it'sjust the UFC will not use services. But, essentially it would be the same thing.

I get that but my point is that NSAC (since the majority are in Vegas) has jurisdiction here...not UFC

If they assign him...there isn't anything UFC could do about it besides cancel the card
StillCSG

Postby terrytate » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:55 am

StillCSG wrote:
HamBone wrote:
That's what Stitch tweeted and all articles seen are saying he ess fired...maybe, it'sjust the UFC will not use services. But, essentially it would be the same thing.

I get that but my point is that NSAC (since the majority are in Vegas) has jurisdiction here...not UFC

If they assign him...there isn't anything UFC could do about it besides cancel the card

The Athletic commissions assign refs and judges, not medical personnel or cut men. They are only concerned with preventing cheating, match fixing and other shenanigans of that sort.
terrytate

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:52 am

terrytate wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

The Athletic commissions assign refs and judges, not medical personnel or cut men. They are only concerned with preventing cheating, match fixing and other shenanigans of that sort.

Ahhh got it
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 am

CSG, you state things with absolute confidence...and little information. It's funny sometimes lol.
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:CSG, you state things with absolute confidence...and little information. It's funny sometimes lol.

Here in Florida the Athletic commission assigns cutmen along with Dr's and judges...figured all did that
StillCSG

Postby HamBone » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Didn't take long...Stitch is back to work. He's with the WSOF now.
HamBone

Postby StillCSG » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:40 pm

HamBone wrote:Didn't take long...Stitch is back to work. He's with the WSOF now.

He's also with Belator
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 pm

StillCSG wrote:
HamBone wrote:Didn't take long...Stitch is back to work. He's with the WSOF now.

He's also with Belator

Good for him. And he gets to keep his sponsors now.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:30 pm

He's going to be getting work in boxing as well.
terrytate

Postby StillCSG » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

terrytate wrote:

He's never stopped doing boxing work has he?
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 pm

StillCSG wrote:
terrytate wrote:

From what I read no he has always continued work in boxing. MMA was just more frequent.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:27 am

StillCSG wrote:
terrytate wrote:

True, I didn't phrase that correctly. I just meant that losing his UFC gig was never going to dramatically impact his career. He has a awful lot of other work he can take.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Tate looked really good vs Eye. Her standup has improved dramatically. It seemed like she wanted to prove she could win standing up with Eye. Tate vs Rousey 3 should be good.
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Tate looked really good vs Eye. Her standup has improved dramatically. It seemed like she wanted to prove she could win standing up with Eye. Tate vs Rousey 3 should be good.

What is she going to last 3 rounds this time?

But you're right....she looked good last night....the 2nd and 3rd should have been 10-8 rounds
StillCSG

Postby terrytate » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:32 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Tate looked really good vs Eye. Her standup has improved dramatically. It seemed like she wanted to prove she could win standing up with Eye. Tate vs Rousey 3 should be good.

Tate is in a weird position. I think she can beat every woman in the league on most nights but she has already be soundly trounced by Ronda. It makes it really hard to sell a third match, but, if she keeps winning in style she might get it by default.

Tate knows her position too, that's why she put herself into the Rousey-Cyborg dramafest and offered to take that fight against Cyborg.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 am

terrytate wrote:

Tate is in a weird position. I think she can beat every woman in the league on most nights but she has already be soundly trounced by Ronda. It makes it really hard to sell a third match, but, if she keeps winning in style she might get it by default.

Tate knows her position too, that's why she put herself into the Rousey-Cyborg dramafest and offered to take that fight against Cyborg.

Yeah what do you do when you can best everyone but the champ?

Dana White announced that Tate will get Rousey after Betche. So it looks like she'll get one more shot.
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am

If I were Tate....I wouldn't say **** to Rousey....

Damn
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:11 am

StillCSG wrote:If I were Tate....I wouldn't say **** to Rousey....

Damn

Rousey's hands still aren't great, but damn if she can't do damage. Correia never had a chance and was out cold.

I don't think Miesha will do much trash talking. Ronda already broke her arm once and beat her twice. No room to talk.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:19 am

30 for 30: I Should Not Have Pissed Off Ronda

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2538 ... -messed-up
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Ronda is legit and I am a fan but people are making too big a deal out of this win. Dana White was right all along when he said that there were too few good woman fighters to fill a division. Ronda has beaten everyone who is anyone at 135 and they were forces to bring in someone who had no business in the ring with Rousey. Now they are giving Tate a third crack and hoping that Holly Holm can generate a hypetrain before they inevitably fight.

Did you guys even see Bethe Correia when she entered the ring and started hopping around? She showed all of the athleticism of a competitive eater.
terrytate

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 am

terrytate wrote:Ronda is legit and I am a fan but people are making too big a deal out of this win. Dana White was right all along when he said that there were too few good woman fighters to fill a division. Ronda has beaten everyone who is anyone at 135 and they were forces to bring in someone who had no business in the ring with Rousey. Now they are giving Tate a third crack and hoping that Holly Holm can generate a hypetrain before they inevitably fight.

Did you guys even see Bethe Correia when she entered the ring and started hopping around? She showed all of the athleticism of a competitive eater.

Ronda will end up fighting Cyborg at some point. The UFC wouldn't have signed her if she wasn't going to fight Rousey. They will make her drop to 135.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
terrytate wrote:Ronda is legit and I am a fan but people are making too big a deal out of this win. Dana White was right all along when he said that there were too few good woman fighters to fill a division. Ronda has beaten everyone who is anyone at 135 and they were forces to bring in someone who had no business in the ring with Rousey. Now they are giving Tate a third crack and hoping that Holly Holm can generate a hypetrain before they inevitably fight.

Ronda will end up fighting Cyborg at some point. The UFC wouldn't have signed her if she wasn't going to fight Rousey. They will make her drop to 135.

The question is if she CAN drop to 135 and, even if she does, will she be as effective at that weight.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:19 am

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Ronda will end up fighting Cyborg at some point. The UFC wouldn't have signed her if she wasn't going to fight Rousey. They will make her drop to 135.

The question is if she CAN drop to 135 and, even if she does, will she be as effective at that weight.

She has to be...otherwise there is little to no interest in women's MMA. I doubt Rousey v Tate III will sell a lot of PPV, most people that I knew didn't buy the last fight because they knew they could see the whole fight in a .gif.
uscbucsfan

Postby StillCSG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:06 am

I think the only way the Cyborg fight happens is if Rousey agrees to a catch weight (140)....Cyborg has struggled to make 145...and Rousey won't budge off 135 for some damn reason (even though she reportedly walks around at 150)
StillCSG

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:18 pm

StillCSG wrote:I think the only way the Cyborg fight happens is if Rousey agrees to a catch weight (140)....Cyborg has struggled to make 145...and Rousey won't budge off 135 for some damn reason (even though she reportedly walks around at 150)

Because she's her best at 135. She's the only real name in women's MMA, why would she need to change her weight to put herself at a disadvantage? She does walk around at 150, but doesn't want to fight there.

From what I read Cyborg has to hit 135 or she will no longer be in UFC.
uscbucsfan

Postby StillCSG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
StillCSG wrote:I think the only way the Cyborg fight happens is if Rousey agrees to a catch weight (140)....Cyborg has struggled to make 145...and Rousey won't budge off 135 for some damn reason (even though she reportedly walks around at 150)

Because she's her best at 135. She's the only real name in women's MMA, why would she need to change her weight to put herself at a disadvantage? She does walk around at 150, but doesn't want to fight there.

She dominated at 145 in Strike force....so 140 isn't out of the question as a catch weight....and you do understand that if she wants to cut to 135 she can for the catch weight fight (reports are she rehydrates to 142 after cutting to 135)

It's honestly the only fight she has left
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:18 pm

StillCSG wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Because she's her best at 135. She's the only real name in women's MMA, why would she need to change her weight to put herself at a disadvantage? She does walk around at 150, but doesn't want to fight there.

She dominated at 145 in Strike force....so 140 isn't out of the question as a catch weight....and you do understand that if she wants to cut to 135 she can for the catch weight fight (reports are she rehydrates to 142 after cutting to 135)

It's honestly the only fight she has left

Why would the champ fight at a catch weight? How often has then been done?
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Who said it had to be for the belt?
StillCSG

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:59 pm

StillCSG wrote:Who said it had to be for the belt?

Why would the champ fight a non-title catch weight fight? How often is this done?
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
StillCSG wrote:Who said it had to be for the belt?

Why would the champ fight a non-title catch weight fight? How often is this done?

If she truly wants the fight as bad as her camp says she does...she'd do it

Silva was game for Jones at a catch weight...but Jones wouldn't hence Silva moving up to 205

Remember just because it HASN'T happened doesn't mean it CAN'T
StillCSG

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports