MMA Thread

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: MMA Thread

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:09 pm

real bucs fan wrote:That presser was great. Conor just chugging whiskey and talking some ****. Khabib hangs with some shady mofos and props to Conor for airing him out.

Presser was trash. Conor looked like an idiot to be honest. “Your friends are shady” is weak ass trash talk. Btw I’m a huge Conor fan.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:57 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:That presser was great. Conor just chugging whiskey and talking some ****. Khabib hangs with some shady mofos and props to Conor for airing him out.

Presser was trash. Conor looked like an idiot to be honest. “Your friends are shady” is weak ass trash talk. Btw I’m a huge Conor fan.

Until you realize Khabib rubs shoulders with dictators and terrorists.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 am

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Until you realize Khabib rubs shoulders with dictators and terrorists.

Nah that changes nothing. Nothing Conor “revealed” during the presser was news to most people.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:49 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Until you realize Khabib rubs shoulders with dictators and terrorists.

Nah that changes nothing. Nothing Conor “revealed” during the presser was news to most people.

Well I for one never knew that.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:18 pm

I love watching Ferguson fight.
uscbucsfan

Postby Alpha » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 am

uscbucsfan wrote:I love watching Ferguson fight.

He's a ****ing MONSTER.

He fights like Diaz...except with power.

Relentless. Loved his fight tonight.
Alpha

Postby terrytate » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 am

So, turns out Khabib fighting is a lot more interesting once the fight is over.
terrytate

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 am

terrytate wrote:So, turns out Khabib fighting is a lot more interesting once the fight is over.

I think he'll be suspended and Tony will fight for the interim belt...probably against Conor.

That's baiscally exactly how I thought the actual fight would go. There was a chance if a Conor flash KO, but Khabib is just too good on the ground.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 am

Khabib is a ****ing monster. Conor got his ass whipped.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 am

Conor will tap early to any threatening choke.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 am

No one seems to be able to confirm anything yet, but rumor has it that several of Khabib's camp, possible Khabib himself, got arrested.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:08 am

terrytate wrote:No one seems to be able to confirm anything yet, but rumor has it that several of Khabib's camp, possible Khabib himself, got arrested.

Not Khabib, but 3 of his camp were arrested.

The UFC brought this on themselves when they chose to use Conor’s bus attack as promotion.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:18 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
terrytate wrote:No one seems to be able to confirm anything yet, but rumor has it that several of Khabib's camp, possible Khabib himself, got arrested.

The UFC brought this on themselves when they chose to use Conor’s bus attack as promotion.

It all started when they let people **** talk their way into title fights. That's partly why I haven't bought a PPV in a long time. That and super inactive champs holding up whole divisions for years.

They need to ban and deport Khabib, let Connor retire or go off to boxing. Then let the adults take back over.
terrytate

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 am

terrytate wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

It all started when they let people **** talk their way into title fights. That's partly why I haven't bought a PPV in a long time. That and super inactive champs holding up whole divisions for years.

They need to ban and deport Khabib, let Connor retire or go off to boxing. Then let the adults take back over.

I used to think the super fights were bad, but they generate a lot more money.

Conor and Khabib are too good of fighters to be kicked out. Last night was bad, but it made Khabib a villian and I bet it'll make the UFC more money when he fights after his suspension.
uscbucsfan

Postby Swashy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:50 am

Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how these people ever managed to function in the real world. And yet for it, I would not be the least bit surprised if Dana White told them to find a reason to scuffle after after the match so people can keep talking about it long after the match had lost its shelf life.
Swashy

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:47 am

Dana definitely is super upset about this, one thing for teammates to fight in the octagon, but Khabib jumping into the crowd was something that is going to seriously hurt the sport.

Interested to see what Dana does in the aftermath. I think he’s be wise to make that 165 division since lightweight is now a clusterfuck with Khabib facing what will be a lengthy suspension and Conor utterly embarrassed.
real bucs fan

Postby NYBF » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Enjoyed listening to the morons in the booth last night talk about how McGregor has the "heart of a champion" and is "honorable." Must have been someone else who threw a dolly through a bus window...

Just another step toward recreating the WWF.
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:39 pm

It’s amusing seeing so much pearl clutching over this incident. GTFOH. Khabib jumped over the cage to fight one of Conor’s teammates. That’s it. This is not some referendum on the humanity of the sport. If the UFC didn’t like this they wouldn’t use Conor attacking the bus as promotion.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Swashy wrote:Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how these people ever managed to function in the real world. And yet for it, I would not be the least bit surprised if Dana White told them to find a reason to scuffle after after the match so people can keep talking about it long after the match had lost its shelf life.

No way Dana White endorsed this. Apparently the governor of Nevada was not far from the scuffle and literally ran out of the building with security. The Nevada Athletic Commision is going to come down like a meteor in these guys.
terrytate

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:47 pm

terrytate wrote:
Swashy wrote:Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how these people ever managed to function in the real world. And yet for it, I would not be the least bit surprised if Dana White told them to find a reason to scuffle after after the match so people can keep talking about it long after the match had lost its shelf life.

No way Dana White endorsed this. Apparently the governor of Nevada was not far from the scuffle and literally ran out of the building with security. The Nevada Athletic Commision is going to come down like a meteor in these guys.

lol damn Syanora Khabib.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Khabib will receive a suspension and promptly return to rematch McGregor for more money than he has ever made.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Khabib will receive a suspension and promptly return to rematch McGregor for more money than he has ever made.

Conor should just stay the **** away lol Khabib is a nightmare matchup for him.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:16 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Khabib will receive a suspension and promptly return to rematch McGregor for more money than he has ever made.

Conor should just stay the **** away lol Khabib is a nightmare matchup for him.

Of course he is. Khabib will smash Conor every time. However how will Conor show his face and trash talk without fighting that man again? Conor broke in the cage last night when he tapped to a crank without even trying to get out. The quickest way to fix that is to get back in there.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Conor should just stay the **** away lol Khabib is a nightmare matchup for him.

Of course he is. Khabib will smash Conor every time. However how will Conor show his face and trash talk without fighting that man again? Conor broke in the cage last night when he tapped to a crank without even trying to get out. The quickest way to fix that is to get back in there.

I just don’t see the result being any different. As a fan, I’d much rather see him fight Nate.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 am

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

I just don’t see the result being any different. As a fan, I’d much rather see him fight Nate.

You’d rather see Conor fight Nate for a 3rd time? The 3rd fight will look just like the 2nd. The blueprint to beat the Diaz brothers has always been the same: don’t gas out trying to KO them because it won’t work, leg kicks and go for the finish late.
PrimeMinister

Postby HamBone » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 am

Pretty good fights...disgusting display after the Khabib fight.
HamBone

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:06 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I just don’t see the result being any different. As a fan, I’d much rather see him fight Nate.

You’d rather see Conor fight Nate for a 3rd time? The 3rd fight will look just like the 2nd. The blueprint to beat the Diaz brothers has always been the same: don’t gas out trying to KO them because it won’t work, leg kicks and go for the finish late.

What would be a more enjoyable battle, Conor and Diaz trying to knock each others heads off, or Khabib wrestle humping Conor? I'd much prefer to watch the former.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 am

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

What would be a more enjoyable battle, Conor and Diaz trying to knock each others heads off, or Khabib wrestle humping Conor? I'd much prefer to watch the former.

I don't think Conor/Nate 3 is a big draw. I certainly wouldn't watch it again. I would absolutely watch Khabib, Ferguson, Pettis, or GSP v Conor.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:What would be a more enjoyable battle, Conor and Diaz trying to knock each others heads off, or Khabib wrestle humping Conor? I'd much prefer to watch the former.

I don't think Conor/Nate 3 is a big draw. I certainly wouldn't watch it again. I would absolutely watch Khabib, Ferguson, Pettis, or GSP v Conor.

I prefer exciting fights more than the hot names tbh, but I know I'm in the minority. I like fighters who want to stand and trade. Khabib and GSP are obviously all-timers, but they just are boring as hell to watch IMO. I'd probably try and book that matchup, and then enjoy the rest of that division which is loaded with fun fighters who want to knock heads off.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I don't think Conor/Nate 3 is a big draw. I certainly wouldn't watch it again. I would absolutely watch Khabib, Ferguson, Pettis, or GSP v Conor.

I prefer exciting fights more than the hot names tbh, but I know I'm in the minority. I like fighters who want to stand and trade. Khabib and GSP are obviously all-timers, but they just are boring as hell to watch IMO. I'd probably try and book that matchup, and then enjoy the rest of that division which is loaded with fun fighters who want to knock heads off.

Good grappling is exciting to me. It's all part of MMA.

They are big names because they are great fighters.

Ferguson and Pettis would absolutely push the action vs Conor. Someone would either be knocked out or a doctor stoppage. Conor v. Khabib had some really good stand up, some awesome GnP, good grappling/TDD, and then a lot of laying around. It was a pretty good fight IMO, just not as good as the Pettis v. Ferguson fight or the Lewis v. Volkov fight.

Btw...Reyes absolutely KO'd OSP.

edit: Overall UFC 229 was an awesome card. Well worth $65, IMO.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports