MMA Thread

A place to discuss MLB, NBA, and other sports.
Re: MMA Thread

Postby Wesmon » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:33 pm

terrytate wrote:My cable and internet was out all weekend, I did not get to watch 205.

I wish everyone at Frontier had one neck, so I could choke all of them at the same time.

I was thinking of switching from Brighthouse so I went to check some Frontier reviews. Wow, they sound like they are gutting the company to make a quick profit with no regard for actually delivering working internet. Definitely see a class action suit coming against them.
Wesmon

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:17 am

If you haven't seen the Nunes v Ronda fight please enjoy:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56xcrc_noons_people
PrimeMinister

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:38 am

Like I said before Rousey need to retire

She sucks period
Phantom Phenom

Postby The Outsider » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:16 am

Amazing that in all of this time she still hasn't learned how to defend against a punch. Even accidentally.
The Outsider

Postby Wesmon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:48 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Like I said before Rousey need to retire

She sucks period

I'd kind of like to see her try a second comeback and get humiliated again.

Garbrandt really impressed me last night. He really beat Cruz at his own game, quickness, head movement and footwork.
Wesmon

Postby HamBone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:17 am

NYSAC has pulled Pearl Gonzalez from UFC 210 because she has breast implants.
HamBone

Postby HamBone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Aaaaaaaand....she's back on the card. Lol
HamBone

Postby tampabay4eva » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I was impressed with Cormier losing a pound in 2 minutes.
tampabay4eva

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:42 pm

tampabay4eva wrote:I was impressed with Cormier losing a pound in 2 minutes.

Thank God for that towel.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:05 am

Rumble loses and then retires.

Mousasi v Weidman ended in an absolute meltdown by the commission.

WTF???
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Blame Weidman as much as the commission and ref. He told the docs he was hurt and couldn't remember anything when he thought the knee was illegal. When they went to replay and found both knees to be completely legal, all of sudden he was fine and wanted to continue.

Dude was fishing for an easy DQ win and it bit him in the arse. GG Chris, hope you like Bellator.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 pm

terrytate wrote:Blame Weidman as much as the commission and ref. He told the docs he was hurt and couldn't remember anything when he thought the knee was illegal. When they went to replay and found both knees to be completely legal, all of sudden he was fine and wanted to continue.

Dude was fishing for an easy DQ win and it bit him in the arse. GG Chris, hope you like Bellator.

Weidman was absolutely at fault as well. He was pushing for a DQ and played himself. I don't feel bad for him at all.
PrimeMinister

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Maybe you guys can answer this for me regarding the Weidman fight.

He gets kneed. Referee calls it an illegal knee. He gets up to 5 min to rest. Then the commentators and some other ref start watching the video. They see it was a legal knee. The commentators then say there is no replay in NY.

This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. The ref outside the ring then tells the ref inside the ring it was a legal knee. They keep allowing Weidman to rest. Rogan has a ****ing coronary about it being a legal knee and demanding answers. After about a minute of this they call off the fight awarding a TKO.

If there is no replay in NY, shouldn't the referee's call of an illegal knee stand? Weidman given the time to rest, and then go from there?

I'm not saying Weidman should have gotten the DQ. He definitely played himself looking for the easy way out. But if there is no replay, shouldn't the ref's call stand?
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm

NYBF wrote:Maybe you guys can answer this for me regarding the Weidman fight.

He gets kneed. Referee calls it an illegal knee. He gets up to 5 min to rest. Then the commentators and some other ref start watching the video. They see it was a legal knee. The commentators then say there is no replay in NY.

This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. The ref outside the ring then tells the ref inside the ring it was a legal knee. They keep allowing Weidman to rest. Rogan has a ****ing coronary about it being a legal knee and demanding answers. After about a minute of this they call off the fight awarding a TKO.

If there is no replay in NY, shouldn't the referee's call of an illegal knee stand? Weidman given the time to rest, and then go from there?

I'm not saying Weidman should have gotten the DQ. He definitely played himself looking for the easy way out. But if there is no replay, shouldn't the ref's call stand?

Absolutely. At the VERY least they should have restarted the fight and this wouldn't be as big a deal. Because of this the fight will probably be overturned to a NC.

Did the Doctor or the Commission call the fight off??
PrimeMinister

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
NYBF wrote:Maybe you guys can answer this for me regarding the Weidman fight.

Absolutely. At the VERY least they should have restarted the fight and this wouldn't be as big a deal. Because of this the fight will probably be overturned to a NC.

Did the Doctor or the Commission call the fight off??

I don't think they ever said. But I think there were 2 doctors in the ring? And the woman seemed to be saying he couldn't continue the fight.
NYBF

Previous

Return to Other Sports