Galaxy S7 Edge answering call issue

Forum for graphics and other tech topics. Discuss operating system wars. etc..
Galaxy S7 Edge answering call issue

Postby Kress » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 am

I have a couple year old S7 Edge, and for some reason it has just started doing something that I can't make stop happening. If it rings while in my pocket, and I reach in and take it out, it will answer the call automatically about 50% of the time. It's not always, just often enough to be annoying.

I've turned off home button answering, voice answering, and everything else that I can think of. I know it's an edge screen so there is a lot of screen to work with, but I can't see how, by pulling it out of my pocket, I'm swiping the thing in just the right way to answer calls that consistently (which would be swiping from that exact point in the center and then sideways, all while the phone is being pulled out of my pocket vertically).

Any ideas?
Kress

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge answering call issue

Postby NYBF » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:57 am

There is a feature somewhere to answer a call "when you bring the phone to your ear," or something like that. Maybe that's turned on, and when you grab the phone it's setting that off?
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

Kress wrote:I have a couple year old S7 Edge, and for some reason it has just started doing something that I can't make stop happening. If it rings while in my pocket, and I reach in and take it out, it will answer the call automatically about 50% of the time. It's not always, just often enough to be annoying.

So you’re annoyed the phone won’t keep vibrating in your pocket when someone calls?

Is that what you are really asking about?
Zarniwoop

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Go into settings, turn off auto answer. That’s a feature for when the phone is facing down. I have it on my S7 Edge.
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Go into settings, turn off auto answer. That’s a feature for when the phone is facing down. I have it on my S7 Edge.

Bingo! It was set to automatically answer after 2 rings when a Bluetooth is connected, and outside of my car I don't use Bluetooth headsets or anything, but my phone will still connect to certain devices like my home printer, etc. It probably just sees the connection and answers, thinking I'm on a hands free of some sort.

Thanks Bootz, and thanks all for looking out. Including Zarni, because he was the only one to move beyond the surface complaint and get to the root of the problem.
Kress

Postby IronDog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:53 pm

NYBF wrote:There is a feature somewhere to answer a call "when you bring the phone to your ear," or something like that. Maybe that's turned on, and when you grab the phone it's setting that off?

My old s4 used to have a feature like that. If I had a text message from you, and I brought it to my ear it would dial you. But that was when it was active. Can't say I've had the counselors issue.
IronDog

Return to The Nerdery